[EU-SE] Interest check, IBM, Alps, custom, HHKB Lite

Scarpia

25 Jan 2023, 22:31

I’ve recently bought some nice parts for a possible endgame board and I really should clear out some of the stuff that’s not coming back in rotation anytime soon.

I’m listing the stuff here as an interest check, since I live in Sweden and shipping abroad from here can be hideously expensive (~$25 to ship a single keyboard!) so I may end up selling everything on Swedish keyboarding forums instead; but if anyone here wants what I have despite the shipping cost then I would rather give back to this community since DT is my people.

(Interest Check == I haven’t taken photos of everything yet but if there’s interest then I’ll photo it all and provide details and open a real For Sale thread)

So here’s the stuff:

- New GK75 barebones kit I bought by mistake, maybe $50
- IBM SSK, $300
- SGI Granite Bigfoot, ANSI, SKCM White Damped, $220
- Two AEKIIs, ISO-SE, SKCM White Damped, ~$50 each
- Apple M0118, ISO-SE, SKCM Orange, $85
- HHKB Lite, $50?
- Probably my IBM F XT? $220
- My custom SKCM Brown Alps64 60%, $200? It’s worth more in parts alone but it’s collecting dust here and the browns are somewhat scratchier than I’d like. I may ultrasound and lube/wax it and see if the switches can be brought back to a decent condition
- Carefully desoldered switches: vintage(?) Cherry MX blacks, Alps SKCM whites
Last edited by Scarpia on 30 Jan 2023, 13:45, edited 5 times in total.

cheez3d

25 Jan 2023, 23:04

I have been looking for an SSK in Europe for quite a while now and I would be interested in purchasing it for the asked price + shipping. Would love to see some photos of it.

Scarpia

27 Jan 2023, 17:46

That’s great :-) I own two SSKs, one regular and a DisplayWriter (1392464), though one of them has had an LED mod which you might not like. I’ll post pictures of both when I can.

Aruberon

27 Jan 2023, 19:27

Nice stuff,

Whats the switches in the 3 apple boards, and the condition of them?

Scarpia

29 Jan 2023, 18:38

Both AEKIIs have white damped (one is quite scratchy and the case has pen marks, the other is much cleaner and the switches are better - at least some of them are. I used it as a test board for different lubes during the search for the perfect Alps restoration lube a few years back. I will clean and restore the whole board before the sale since right now it has a dozen great switches and the rest are still scratchy.

The M0118 has oranges in good condition :-)

All three are ISO-SE layout

cheez3d

03 Feb 2023, 19:17

Scarpia wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 17:46
That’s great :-) I own two SSKs, one regular and a DisplayWriter (1392464), though one of them has had an LED mod which you might not like. I’ll post pictures of both when I can.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it :D

guidemetothelight

10 Feb 2023, 11:07

hey ! could you maybe post a pic of the brown alps custom ? Love to get the chance of owning browns some day

Thank you very much

Scarpia

10 Feb 2023, 18:26

It’s this one: viewtopic.php?t=14810 only I’ve since swapped the Caps Lock keycap for a Control one and the ‘~ for an Esc keycap.

Return to “Other”