IBM stash in Houston

elecplus

IBM stash in Houston

Unread post by elecplus » 11 Jan 2019, 19:30

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xwq1J ... TogANG2iye This was sent to me by a fellow member here. We are getting a group together to sort it all out. If you live in Houston, or close by, and want to help, send me a PM!

TheInverseKey

Re: IBM stash in Houston

Unread post by TheInverseKey » 11 Jan 2019, 19:36

elecplus wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 19:30
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xwq1J ... TogANG2iye This was sent to me by a fellow member here. We are getting a group together to sort it all out. If you live in Houston, or close by, and want to help, send me a PM!
Model M Spotted!
2019-01-11 13_35_36-TX_IBM.jpg - Google Drive.png
2019-01-11 13_35_36-TX_IBM.jpg - Google Drive.png (92.12 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Engicoder

Unread post by Engicoder » 11 Jan 2019, 19:36

Who knows what treasures are hidden in the heap. Good luck!

depletedvespene

Unread post by depletedvespene » 11 Jan 2019, 19:40

Good luck! Wish I was there. :-)

ClicksOnLinks

Unread post by ClicksOnLinks » 12 Jan 2019, 01:41

I'd love to come help, out of town unfortunately :(

Noobmaen

Unread post by Noobmaen » 12 Jan 2019, 01:46

Looks like a series 1 to the left, maybe there are 4978 terminals/keyboards too?

elecplus

Unread post by elecplus » 14 Jan 2019, 20:17

Stash will be sorted out early next Saturday morning in Katy, TX. If you are interested in carpooling with Xmit, there might be 1 seat left. Please send him a PM ASAP. If you are out of town and want to come down from the Michigan area, please send a PM to JP!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

Unread post by XMIT » 14 Jan 2019, 20:33

Looks like it's going to be a crowd at this point. Let's see what we find.

JP!

Unread post by JP! » Today, 06:36

Just a quick reminder that round 1 of the Houston haul will take place @ 10-10-30am (all day) on Saturday 1/19! The keyboards most likely will find new homes quickly but there are literally hundreds of towers and monitors and boxes filled with old computer books and manuals :shock: pm me for details. No way we can even make a dent in this pile so if you can't make it Saturday I can still put you in touch.

Note: this is the nearly empty unit. The main unit though is 15' x 30' and is filled basically to the ceiling by a master hoarder.
IMG_4043.jpg
IMG_4043.jpg (722.73 KiB) Viewed 111 times
IMG_4047.jpg
IMG_4047.jpg (715.79 KiB) Viewed 111 times
IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg (705.92 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Muirium
µ

Unread post by Muirium » Today, 07:02

A master hoarder indeed. Those weighty CRTs piled on high, over better things, gives me the heebies. But such is the way of a hoard in the rough.

Best of luck with the harvest!

mcmaxmcmc

Unread post by mcmaxmcmc » Today, 07:06

Man, I wish I could've been there! It seems so fun to just dig and loot stuff. Too bad I'm in northern California. Wish the best of luck to everyone who's going! (someone get me a Model M/F if there's one from the pile for shipping price pls)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

Unread post by matt3o » Today, 09:31

man, I would love one of those old IBM cases... but shipping and import would kill me

kakan

Unread post by kakan » Today, 10:37

Hope you may find many model m's and f's in good condition! And maybe a few rarities.

Return to “Photos”