OTD Black Elm Wrist Rest

billnye

24 May 2015, 21:12

Received this wrist rest in the mail this week and took some pics of it with my Corsa :)

zts

24 May 2015, 21:53

it goes quite nicely together. Love the color scheme on that KB. Is one of the CTRLs act as Fn key? Nice ... now you need a desk to match your wrist rest :)

wlhlm
~

24 May 2015, 22:27

Really nice looking! Good job :)

Thanks for posting, I was just wondering today where to get high quality wooden wrist rests.

photekq
Cherry Picker

24 May 2015, 22:34

wlhlm wrote: Thanks for posting, I was just wondering today where to get high quality wooden wrist rests.
Shame you won't be able to get one of these easily.. :(

It was a group buy on otd.kr, and only a few lucky sods outside Korea got one. Billnye and I are two of them.. :mrgreen:

wlhlm
~

24 May 2015, 22:45

photekq wrote:
wlhlm wrote: Thanks for posting, I was just wondering today where to get high quality wooden wrist rests.

It was a group buy on otd.kr, and only a few lucky sods outside Korea got one. Billnye and I are two of them.. :mrgreen:
That's a bummer :(

Do you know an alternative? :?:

I'm looking for a pale rest. There are the Filco and KBPs, but they have a logo on the front, which I'm not really a fan of.

beltet

24 May 2015, 23:17

I know a guy that problably could make custom wrist rest in wood. He's a well educated furniture maker/carpenter.
If you want I can have a talk with him about it. Thinking of asking him to make a custom wodden case for a 75% board.
His site:
http://bishoplindholm.se/index.html

EDIT:
Love that case! And the wrist rest goes extremely well with it.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 May 2015, 00:31

Oh my

Now I want one for my SSK...

billnye

25 May 2015, 01:44

zts wrote: it goes quite nicely together. Love the color scheme on that KB. Is one of the CTRLs act as Fn key? Nice ... now you need a desk to match your wrist rest :)
Thank you :)

Both of the Controls act as Control, and the Caps Lock acts as Win. I don't really need a Fn key for anything I use this board for.
Last edited by billnye on 25 Jun 2015, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

sero

25 May 2015, 03:12

I've been working on some hardwood wrist rests for myself. Might sell them if there is some interest. Curly maple though not elm like the OP. I have plenty of it. I've been experimenting with dyes and stabilization to help with durability.

wlhlm
~

26 May 2015, 10:41

photekq wrote:

How can I join a group buy on OTD as a foreigner?

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 May 2015, 11:21

wlhlm wrote: How can I join a group buy on OTD as a foreigner?
Learn fluent Korean, pretend to be Korean, get a Korean shipping address.. Basically become Korean :lol:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

26 May 2015, 11:55

photekq wrote:
Learn fluent Korean, pretend to be Korean, get a Korean shipping address.. Basically become Korean :lol:
So you and billnye are Koreans ? How do you get an OTD board ? I would like at some point to get a 356 Mini, what's the secret ?

wlhlm
~

26 May 2015, 12:00

photekq wrote:
Welp, nothing as easy as that! :shock: /s

Khers

26 May 2015, 12:01

DanielT wrote:
photekq wrote:
So you and billnye are Koreans ? How do you get an OTD board ? I would like at some point to get a 356 Mini, what's the secret ?
I wonder this too! How do you acquire otd stuff (unless you'd want to pay the mark up to someone who got it from a GB in the first place)?

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 May 2015, 12:04

DanielT wrote: So you and billnye are Koreans ? How do you get an OTD board ? I would like at some point to get a 356 Mini, what's the secret ?
We don't join the group buys.. We get them afterwards. "Contacts" ;)

DanielT

26 May 2015, 12:43

photekq wrote:
DanielT wrote: So you and billnye are Koreans ? How do you get an OTD board ? I would like at some point to get a 356 Mini, what's the secret ?
We don't join the group buys.. We get them afterwards. "Contacts" ;)
Basically "I know a guy who knows a guy" system. Well I have to find a guy :D

3Love

26 May 2015, 18:32

billnye wrote:Received this wrist rest in the mail this week and took some pics of it with my Corsa :)

So sick

Volks

29 May 2015, 01:30

:D look good with the 360c
I still think my 456gt with marble wrist rest look better :twisted: :twisted:

DanielT

29 May 2015, 06:32

I have one question, do you also use these expensive boards?
I had a talk yesterday with a Korean friend and realized that I DO NOT WANT EVER A 356 mini :lol: , wobbly plate, PS2 only and crappy programming options for only $700-$800 , that is quite a deal :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 May 2015, 14:12

DanielT wrote: I have one question, do you also use these expensive boards?
I had a talk yesterday with a Korean friend and realized that I DO NOT WANT EVER A 356 mini :lol: , wobbly plate, PS2 only and crappy programming options for only $700-$800 , that is quite a deal :lol:
Well I used the 360c until I got my MX5000.. It's my second favourite keyboard behind that one. I like PS2 and have no need for reprogramming, so it's perfect for me.

Muirium
µ

29 May 2015, 14:16

Why this no work with playstation 4? Does it work PS3 with BC?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 May 2015, 14:21

That's the best looking wrist rest I've seen in a while. Nice.

DanielT

29 May 2015, 14:54

photekq wrote:
DanielT wrote: I have one question, do you also use these expensive boards?
Well I used the 360c until I got my MX5000.. It's my second favourite keyboard behind that one. I like PS2 and have no need for reprogramming, so it's perfect for me.
On TKL yes, you don't need programming, when I use my SSK I don't feel like I need to change anything, but on a 60% it's like a Poker X with a fancy case and huge price-tag.

Edit:lately I make so many typing mistakes, damn ...

Muirium
µ

29 May 2015, 15:24

On which board? Let's analyse this!

DanielT

29 May 2015, 15:31

Muirium wrote: On which board? Let's analyse this!
On all of them, SSK, now on HHKB, also on the MX ones... I think I'm tired and my light form if Dyslexia kicks in big time :(

Muirium
µ

29 May 2015, 15:34

Ah nuts. I think you're going to need a DataHand, just to be sure…

DanielT

29 May 2015, 15:38

Muirium wrote: Ah nuts. I think you're going to need a DataHand, just to be sure…
I think you have a point! I'll put it on the list next to an overpriced Clack :lol:

Joke aside, DataHand is a really interesting board, I would love to test one some day.

seebart

29 May 2015, 15:45

even if it were possible, I don't need any layer programming on my SSK or my FIlco TKL. The layout is near perfect. Now on my HHKB2 that's a different story. Imagine HHKB2 without the FN option. Not so great that perspective.

DanielT

29 May 2015, 15:51

seebart wrote: even if it were possible, I don't need any layer programming on my SSK or my FIlco TKL. The layout is near perfect. Now on my HHKB2 that's a different story. Imagine HHKB2 without the FN option. Not so great that perspective.
This is exactly what I mean. Spending 700-800$ on a 356 Mini 60% with limited programming options is crazy. On my SSK or on my wife's 1800 I don't care about Fn layer, It would be nice to have Control on Caps Lock but I can live without that.

seebart

29 May 2015, 15:54

well 700-800$ on anything isn't an option for me anyhow. But at that pricetag it better have all the bells and whistles. Even that Monterey mini touch I got from webwit has an FN layer.

Return to “Gallery”