Focus FK-2002 Highscreen branded

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

31 Aug 2015, 21:52

Some weeks ago I bought a Focus FK-2002 with Highscreen branding, here are some pictures:

Produced 1989

White Alps switches

Doubleshot keycaps, with RGB mods

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Focus_FK-2002

Chyros

31 Aug 2015, 23:21

Whoa, just discovered a whole new and amazing forum! Nice pictures mate :) , haven't seen the Highscreen brand on Focuses before (they came with a wide variety). Yours is a little older than mine, and still has the DIP switches hidden away nicely under the badge. Does it also have the "alternate" switch at the back? Also, the Alps switches look a little dusty on the inside, is the keyfeel alright?

See if you can get the dust cover for it, it looks really nice on it :) .

cookie

01 Sep 2015, 10:20

I had that keyboard too, but I didn't liked the switches... they were brutaly hard to press :(
But nice and tactile, that was something I liked a lot!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Sep 2015, 13:53

The switches aren't that dusty, but I own NIB keyboard with alps white switches and I can feel that there is clearly a difference. There is only the Dip switch on the front.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Sep 2015, 14:42

I was also lucky enough to fnd one of these NIB. I guess these were quite common. I still like my Focus FK-2002 with blue Alps better.

Chyros

02 Sep 2015, 21:25

seebart wrote: I guess these were quite common.
I seriously doubt that. They only appear to have been made in a ~3-4 year bracket to begin with - and I've seen very very few on eBay, in stark constrast to the 2001.

beltet

02 Sep 2015, 23:17

Love that hatchet for the DIP switches! And those DS RGB mods! Would love to have those!

Return to “Gallery”