Post your Desk

Minskleip

12 Feb 2011, 14:15

That's not good. Having the cardnumber put into the clipboard would be handy at least. Expiring date and that other field is fast to input anyway.

bugfix

12 Feb 2011, 18:42

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 18:44

I had that same lamp in another room a while ago, fell from the table not too long ago. Sucks.

What is that framed map of?

bugfix

12 Feb 2011, 18:45

Scotland. It's an original drawn by a Frenchman called Daniel De La Feuille in 1706.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Feb 2011, 18:48

I love Scotland. Excellent hiking. It's not for everyone.

bugfix

12 Feb 2011, 18:49

I've been to Edinborough (where I bought that map) really liked it there. If it wasn't for their gun laws I could imagine moving there.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Feb 2011, 18:59

Edinburgh, what do they say, if the light is right, and you peer at the right half of town through your eyelashes, it's almost like Paris?

bugfix

12 Feb 2011, 20:09

Edinburgh... massive spelling fail on my part there :lol:

And indeed one can be reminded of Paris there (just without the French)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Feb 2011, 21:03

bugfix wrote: And indeed one can be reminded of Paris there (just without the French)
Sounds nice! You know, the first time I went to Paris I was surprised how freaking dirty it seemed. I guess all that romantic and what not impression I got from TV shows and the like did not quite keep up to the reality.

intealls

20 Feb 2011, 04:54

The thing that bugged me most when visiting paris was that it's kind of difficult to actually purchase stuff you want. To get cigarettes, you had to scour back allies for dedicated tobacco shops, they didn't have them in convenience stores (at least none I visited). And that's kind of frustrating when you haven't had a smoke for hours. Another thing, when walking down the champs elysses, I wanted a drink. There were lots and lots of small kiosks selling magazines and papers, and nothing else. They could probably triple their profits or something by selling cigarettes or soft drinks. It just struck me as odd not being able to buy stuff (besides raggedy old books or fcking violins or pianos) seeing as France is kind of a popular tourist destination. Plus, I got the distinct impression the French didn't really want me there. Anyway, here's my desk.
dhesk.jpg
dhesk.jpg (173.82 KiB) Viewed 4850 times

kbdholic

20 Feb 2011, 05:23

it was last year. :-)

keyboardlover

20 Feb 2011, 06:02

Wow kbdholic, pretty messy =)

What kind of keyboard is that? (The black one on your desk).

kbdholic

20 Feb 2011, 07:26

keyboardlover wrote:Wow kbdholic, pretty messy =)
IBM Space Saver II = crap

EverythingIBM

20 Feb 2011, 20:49

kbdholic wrote:
keyboardlover wrote:Wow kbdholic, pretty messy =)
IBM Space Saver II = crap
Of course, it uses one of the cheapest rubber domes ever conceived. IBM progressively used cheaper and cheaper rubber membranes as the years passed.
If you get one of the first space saver IIs ever made, there might be a chance it uses a better membrane (suppose you could always put your own rubber domes in it though).

It's something to wonder at why people sell the SSII for such large amounts of money... or the poor suckers who buy them for inflated prices. They're cheap cheap cheap.

Mrinterface

20 Feb 2011, 21:10

Intealls,

What's that cat doing there? What make is it?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Feb 2011, 21:11

He requires to accept such a cat.

Can we turn this into a meme yet?

Lethal Squirrel

21 Feb 2011, 03:05

I've always wanted a desk cat

db_Iodine

21 Feb 2011, 15:17

This is it. My desk 10 minutes ago. No fancy cleaning done before the picture was taken. That's just how cluttered it sometimes get.

Last edited by db_Iodine on 23 Feb 2011, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Feb 2011, 15:25

Your monitors are almost like a window.

intealls

21 Feb 2011, 20:11

Lethal Squirrel wrote:I've always wanted a desk cat
sixty wrote:He requires to accept such a cat.
Mrinterface wrote:What's that cat doing there? What make is it?
you are all correct, i accept this desk cat. black make.
cat.jpg
cat.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 4760 times

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Feb 2011, 20:14

My cat sadly has already died several years ago, but I'm pretty damn sure there is no way I could have a drink and the cat on the desk at the same time. Somehow no matter what type of food or drinks I had, the cat wanted to have them.

I am surprised that yours entirely ignores it (and everything else) and just continues to sleep.

intealls

21 Feb 2011, 20:29

sixty wrote:My cat sadly has already died several years ago, but I'm pretty damn sure there is no way I could have a drink and the cat on the desk at the same time. Somehow no matter what type of food or drinks I had, the cat wanted to have them.

I am surprised that yours entirely ignores it (and everything else) and just continues to sleep.
Sorry to hear that. :(

I think she's kind of used to general disorder. The rest of the apartment looks a lot worse than that desk unfortunately. I don't think she's ever thrown something off my desk, even when in cat ADD mode. For some reason, she never wants any of my food, she just wants to play with it. I've tried giving her salmon, clams and all sorts of other goodies. The only thing she ever touched was some smoked lamb, that was incredibly good. She's a calm connoisseur of fine eats this cat.

bugfix

21 Feb 2011, 20:34

intealls wrote:The rest of the apartment looks a lot worse than that desk unfortunately.
:shock:

intealls

21 Feb 2011, 21:02

bugfix wrote:
intealls wrote:The rest of the apartment looks a lot worse than that desk unfortunately.
:shock:
Baah. Who has time to clean. Too much interesting stuff going on.

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Feb 2011, 21:05

1.jpg
1.jpg (199.88 KiB) Viewed 4909 times

microsoft windows

21 Feb 2011, 21:08

Here are some of my desks.

intealls

21 Feb 2011, 21:34

webwit wrote:
1.jpg
That is an excellent solution. Kind of pricey though. Need a couple more keyboards first. :)

db_Iodine

21 Feb 2011, 22:27

webwit wrote:
1.jpg
I love people reporting disasters after their cat/dog has pooped in the house and the Roomba started vacuuming...

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Feb 2011, 00:46

S1Qf8dOcEmfQA==.jpg
S1Qf8dOcEmfQA==.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 4862 times
YxLOtzA==.jpg
YxLOtzA==.jpg (50.23 KiB) Viewed 4862 times

microsoft windows

23 Feb 2011, 00:51

What model keyboard's in the picture?

I've also got to wonder what the specifications of that computer are. I bet it would run Windows 3.1.

Return to “Gallery”