KBC POKER Mod

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 21:07

Did this last night just like 12 hours after getting it or something.... and I'm not even a gamer. WTF.

Minskleip

12 Feb 2011, 21:43

Nice work! Did you change the switch tops with clear ones as well? Where did you connect the leds?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 21:47

Yeah, I changed them with the clear ones. I connected the LEDs to the other LEDs (for ctrl/alt/win/shift).

The PCB has holes on every switch for a possible LED, so this mod took only a few minutes :D

Minskleip

12 Feb 2011, 22:01

That's a lot of holes hehe. Do you have any other plans for mods?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 22:10

Nah. Not a fan of backlight actually. This was just playing around to see if it would work.

mass

12 Feb 2011, 23:06

Awesome! Seems keyswitches + Keycaps work really well.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 23:10

Yep! The switches add some extra glow. I wish I had some more of them.. actually running kinda low by now.

burr

12 Feb 2011, 23:26

Good review Sixty. This looks like a nice keyboard, hopefully it won't be too hard to obtain. That wasd led mod looks really good too, love ClickClack's key caps and clear switch case is a nice touch.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Feb 2011, 23:32

The transparent clickclack keycaps are really great, I hope he puts them into production. He told me they were quite hard to make though, they take more effort than the triple shot caps, so if they do get produced at some point, I think you can expect them to be expensive.

mass

13 Feb 2011, 00:14

webwit wrote:He told me they were quite hard to make though, they take more effort than the triple shot caps, so if they do get produced at some point, I think you can expect them to be expensive.
Harder than the triple shots? What a surprise...

duq

16 Feb 2011, 19:34

mass wrote:
webwit wrote:He told me they were quite hard to make though, they take more effort than the triple shot caps, so if they do get produced at some point, I think you can expect them to be expensive.
Harder than the triple shots? What a surprise...
Clickclack needs to find a way to clone those gnomes he has making these keys... I would definitely get a handful of keys.

Return to “Gallery”