Operation Darling - Local recycling center raid !

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Aug 2016, 18:16

Wodan wrote: Next raid tomorrow at oh-five-hundred!
05:00 :o
Wodan wrote: Naw probably more like ten-ish ...
:mrgreen:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 12:15

Little teaser of the worst troll board ever:

Findecanor

09 Aug 2016, 12:19

G83.. Well, it is possible to transplant MX stems into those keys but it is not easy to get them to line up correctly.
Worth it only if you have a related layout and need only to transplant a couple of the keys to get it right.

BTW, your avatar made me chuckle...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 12:42

Thanks I really love that avatar ... actually got this as a postcard freebie with some order I did a while ago.

Unfortunately, those G83 caps are completely off. Also, the caps were THIN PBT. Haven't really seen one like that before. I did leave it at the center though and just took the pic. G83 Thin DyeSub PBT! Everyone's worst nightmare.

Chyros

09 Aug 2016, 13:38

I run into G83s constantly, you get used to seeing them. When you see that little ridge around the nav, it's always a slight sag of disappointment.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 13:41

Oh yeah about 1/3 of the keyboards I see are some kind of G83s over here. But this is the first one with SAD keycaps and one of these metal Cherry labels on the back. Most cheap Cherry boards I see don't have a label but the label is part of the molding.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 17:47

Okay my dears, here's a list of above average rubberdomes that some of you might be interested in. Will sell those for 5€+shipping:

The ICL:

The IBM:

Is this an OKI Gourd Spring?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 17:53

And now, here's today's booty.

Let's start slow:

Anyone interested in this cute banana? I have no clue what to do with it but couldn't just leave it there. Doubleshot ABS and DyeSub PBT caps ... the Surf'n'Turf keyboard!

This is a real gem ... you just have to look past the teenager makeup:

And this is la bomba! My most excotic find so far! An Atari keyboard with sweet ABS doubleshot caps and Cherry MX Black switches - plate mounted! Quite a unique profile, too!
Look at those flipout feet:

snuci
Vintage computer guy

09 Aug 2016, 18:23

I will PM you about the Atari and Commodore keyboards. I need both but let's see how much the damage with shipping is.

Edit: Sorry, i thought you were selling these and didn't see the change in post.
Last edited by snuci on 09 Aug 2016, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

09 Aug 2016, 18:26

Ouch, that HAMDE... :?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 18:44

snuci wrote: Edit: Sorry, i thought you were selling these and didn't see the change in post.
You're right that was bad etiquette, I should have done a better job keeping those posts apart.

@ramnes: well watch me fix those caps back to near-NIB condition :)
Unless there are cigarette burns ... lol

Chyros

09 Aug 2016, 19:13

Nice, a HAMDE! I somehow always end up trading doubleshot Cherry boards for first-gen Alps keyboards xD .

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Aug 2016, 21:44

Wodan wrote: Okay my dears, here's a list of above average rubberdomes that some of you might be interested in. Will sell those for 5€+shipping:
Dibs on IBM

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

09 Aug 2016, 21:51

I might be interested in the Atari if you decide to sell it.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Aug 2016, 22:32

The Atari is still undecided. Need a moment alone with the keyboard to decide ;)

That was really a fun raid today!

Darkshado

10 Aug 2016, 07:14

I can't help but wonder if the center of the stems on the IBM rubberdome caps can be made to work on a buckling spring board... probably not.

andrewjoy

10 Aug 2016, 10:10

Hmm almost tempted by the IBM RD just to see what they feel like, i need a model M case.

Only thing stopping me is the layout.

EDIT

Oh go on then , its the cheapest M case i am going to get :). Once tested the RD part can go to the big keyboard shelf in the sky.

The case is a normal M case right i can just rip the RD parts out.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Aug 2016, 10:34

Yes these are also my thoughts, try a rubberdome model m and use the case (modified with a black ibm logo from seebart, because I dont want to destroy my model m bs case) for a bs model m.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Aug 2016, 10:35

The IBM RD was just sold, someone called dips on it earlier and made "le paye"

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Aug 2016, 10:37

Yes payed, just some minutes ago :D

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Aug 2016, 10:47

Just in time, I am going to drop a few Tipros at the post office today and got your package in as well.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Aug 2016, 11:24

Perfect, thanks again.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Aug 2016, 23:21

ramnes wrote: Ouch, that HAMDE... :?
10 minutes in the ultrasound bath:
Spoiler:
Result:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

02 Sep 2016, 15:39

Oh wow I haven't really gotten to take a closer look at last raid's loot and the next raid is already scheduled. Be afraid, upcoming wednesday ... caps are going to be popped ...

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 Sep 2016, 14:49

Sounds good, maybe you find again something interesting 8-) .

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Sep 2016, 11:19

ERRRR-MAAAH-GERRRRRD

Gotta get some work done before I can post the pics but this haul was the nuclear bomb ...

Not that I got the single best item ever but never before did I get that many awesome items!
Haters gonna hate ...

Chyros

07 Sep 2016, 12:41

Sounds like someone hit the jackpot ^^ . Seriously man, I hope more people see the light of recycling centres soon :D .

Phenix
-p

07 Sep 2016, 13:10

congrats!

I would also like to check the recycle center, but I am confused how to get the licence.. :eek:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Sep 2016, 13:23

Well here we go fellows:

Starting off with a neat little G80-11900:
Spoiler:
Followed by my first ever Recycling-ModelM:
Spoiler:
The classic HAD with the Krankenversicherungskartenleser:
Spoiler:
But this one really made me jump up and down like a little girl:
Spoiler:
Saw only one but once I started digging, there were two more.
Let's finish with this glorious classic:
Spoiler:
Very strange about this keyboard, it's clearly SAD caps but the label claims "L(asered)"
We all know what lasered caps look like and these are SAD caps. I dub it the SAD LAD ;)

Virtureal

07 Sep 2016, 13:36

That 1800 layout is really cool, had never seen it before I saw the Leopold announcement and now you just found three boards with it.

Return to “Gallery”