hypkx's collection

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

12 Apr 2016, 16:45

I thought it would be nice to document the keyboards I have and also the ones which I sold. I also wrote down my ideas for my future projects and thoughts about the keyboard I wanted to own and buy. The most post have pictures, or links to own picture threads. The next would be to move this list to the wiki at my own page.

Short information about me
Spoiler:
I am 19 years old. Two years ago, 2014, I was on the search after a keyboard. I never owned keyboard before, I used my whole life time a laptop. I decided to buy a mechanical keyboard, after a short experience with “gaming keyboards“, lurked a long time on r/mk.Then I found this community. From the three communitys this is for me the best, of course I use Geekhack and r/mk also, but r/mk (or better r/mm) only to sell stuff and Geekhack for groupbuys. I am at most interested in vintage keyboards. Sometimes also at custom builds, artisans are not so my thing, but there are some really nice ones out there. For me 60% keyboards have the best size, at a keyboard I use at most the 60% part and the num pad, so everything other is not necessary for me. My favorite keyboard is the IBM SSK. I have many switches that I like, for example: beam spring, buckling spring (model F and M), blue alps, Nixdorf Cherry MX Black. I like clicky switches with a light spring.
Stuff that I currently own:

Groupshot
Spoiler:
  • IBM
  • FSSK
  • IBM Model M SSK (blue label)
    Spoiler:
  • IBM M122 Lynk branded (Lexmark produced)
  • IBM M122 (square metall badge, from 1986)
  • IBM Model M (Rubberdome)
  • IBM Model M (square Label)
  • 3x IBM Model M (grey Label)
  • IBM Model F XT
    ALPS
  • Dell AT102 (salmon alps)
    Cherry
  • Cherry G80-0904
    custom builds
  • Plank (gateron green)
  • GH60 Rev.C
    Spoiler:
    (vintage MX blacks with 45g springs, gateron clear top switch housings on alphas, stickered, clipped and lubed stabs, nixdorf black on spacebar, GMK TA Keycaps, modified german iso layout, red led stripe on the back of the pcb, switch for the led stripe under the spacebar) [needs a black case and a overwork of the pcb backside, messy cables and tape]
  • NerD60 “HHKB“
    Spoiler:
    (red HHKB LeandreN plate, gateron clear housings, cherry mx clear sliders, 45g springs, stickered, clipped and lubed stabs, sip sockets, german HHKB layout, red underlight, HAD keycaps and HADadapter) [needs a red case]
  • GH60 Satan
    Spoiler:
    (black winkeyless LeandreN plate, vintage cherry mx blacks, nixdorf blacks on spacebar and backspace, stickered, clipped and lubed stabs, sip sockets, german iso layout, RGB stripe on the back of the pcb) [currently brocken, needs a transparent case and keycaps, planned are cherry dye subs]
  • Hasu's ALPS64
    Spoiler:
    (black plate, blue alps, metal cast case, doubleshot keycaps) [needs some keycaps to complete layout]
Sold or in a other way gone: Keyboards I want:
  • any beamspring
  • IBM Model F XT
  • IBM Model F AT
  • Alps (Green, Brown, Yellow,...)
Last edited by hypkx on 24 Oct 2016, 11:28, edited 21 times in total.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

12 Apr 2016, 16:46

*reserved* I will update later the first post with more keyboards.

need

12 Apr 2016, 17:01

That's the coolest job I've seen.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

12 Apr 2016, 17:05

need wrote: That's the coolest job I've seen.
Thanks, just a job that I do after school and at the vacations.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

12 Apr 2016, 19:08

Oh man that NTC KB-6251 is really cool. You got my jelly already.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

14 Apr 2016, 23:16

Now should everything that I had in the past, have now and are currently building there.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

21 Apr 2016, 21:36

quite a collection! I finally started a spreadsheet of what I have as I clean up my closets.

Do you have a favorite?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 May 2016, 17:45

livingspeedbump wrote: quite a collection! I finally started a spreadsheet of what I have as I clean up my closets.

Do you have a favorite?
FSSK and my future blue alps 60% build

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Aug 2016, 00:16

Updated the first post.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

25 Sep 2016, 10:48

Again a update and a groupshot of my keyboads.

Return to “Gallery”