Rusty keyboards in abandoned place

Madhias
BS TORPE

15 Jun 2016, 22:11

An interesting place, we could play how much nice keyboards are hidden in that picture :)

That capture is not mine though :(

auroray

15 Jun 2016, 22:27

This is really sad to look at... It's not even just about the boards, but the amount of computing history here that's been neglected... :(

Parak

15 Jun 2016, 22:28

All those poor beam springs :cry:

Invisius

15 Jun 2016, 23:01

What a waste, at least a few of them look salvageable. Do you have any info on where this is, and what page you found this on?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Jun 2016, 23:04

I can see Beamsprings in plain sight! :o :shock: Arrghhh I can't look at it longer. :x :roll: :cry:

Touch_It

15 Jun 2016, 23:06

seebart wrote: I can see Beamsprings in plain sight! :o :shock: Arrghhh I can't look at it longer. :x :roll: :cry:
I count 3.

hammelgammler
Vintage

15 Jun 2016, 23:12

Touch_It wrote:
seebart wrote: I can see Beamsprings in plain sight! :o :shock: Arrghhh I can't look at it longer. :x :roll: :cry:
I count 3.
I count at least 4. ;)

Ratfink

15 Jun 2016, 23:13

You're not looking hard enough! I saw at least 7 in under a minute, some of which look pretty hopeless.

Scottex

15 Jun 2016, 23:17

:(

Ratfink

15 Jun 2016, 23:22

If only that image had coordinates in its Exif tags, we could go pilfer the place for all its abandoned beam springs. Screw the law, there are neglected keyboards at stake!

seebart

15 Jun 2016, 23:24

Right. Do you know where it is Madhias?

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Jun 2016, 23:42

They will resurrect!

Chyros

16 Jun 2016, 00:07

It's just painful to look at, I want to be there SO BADLY :cry: .

elecplus

16 Jun 2016, 00:34

If you don't mind the asbestos, you could go to Maryland. VERY sad story!http://www.lovethesepics.com/2014/05/ab ... n-44-pics/

Chyros

16 Jun 2016, 00:55

Aw man, I've always wanted to see an old abandoned asylum! I find them quite fascinating. Horror films and games about them, too.

Invisius

16 Jun 2016, 01:27

elecplus wrote: If you don't mind the asbestos, you could go to Maryland. VERY sad story!http://www.lovethesepics.com/2014/05/ab ... n-44-pics/
Shame vandals have to ruin cool places like this. Gives people that just want to explore history a bad name..I did see a cool intact keyboard in this picture though: Image

orihalcon

16 Jun 2016, 05:32

I have that same type of keyboard in the picture with the red dentist chair. Must have had a few different layouts as mine is slightly different. It's Honeywell Hall effect. Will have to post some pictures of it tomorrow :)

terrycherry

16 Jun 2016, 07:28

Wired. Where it came from?

andrewjoy

16 Jun 2016, 11:32

Madhias wrote: An interesting place, we could play how much nice keyboards are hidden in that picture :)

That capture is not mine though :(

Go there ! Save EVERYTHING!

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Jun 2016, 11:58

Invisius wrote: Do you have any info on where this is, and what page you found this on?
seebart wrote: Right. Do you know where it is Madhias?
Yes, I do know where it is! It is probably OK to take something, normally there is a rule like "take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints" :) But in that case...
Ratfink wrote: You're not looking hard enough! I saw at least 7 in under a minute, some of which look pretty hopeless.
7 is the highest rank so far!

seebart

16 Jun 2016, 12:01

Madhias wrote: Yes, I do know where it is! It is probably OK to take something, normally there is a rule like "take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints" :) But in that case...
OK in that case just go and get all the Beamsprings there! ;)

andrewjoy

16 Jun 2016, 12:02

And the terminals !

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 12:04

Shyeah right. CRTs are one thing I don't mind see go to recycling where they belong. One or two museum pieces are fine, but the boards are so much more useful in reality.

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Jun 2016, 12:05

There are other rooms also, with old computers and stuff, but rusty and the level of decay is high! It is the same with furniture, sometimes there are really amazing chairs, chests, and also magazines, postcards, etc.

chzel

16 Jun 2016, 12:06

Depends whether you are more of a hardcore "keyboarder" or urbex!
If we do get them, I call dibs on one of them!

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Jun 2016, 12:11

chzel wrote: Depends whether you are more of a hardcore "keyboarder" or urbex!
Tough decisions ahead!

Shameless advertisement to get some clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/madhias/

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 12:12

Dibs? Yeah, don't we all!
IMG_6750.JPG
IMG_6750.JPG (894.11 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
Urbex indeed. That's a disused Cold War era nuclear bunker, built inside a quarry in the hills not to far from me in Edinburgh. Can't say I've plucked up the courage to nip in and descend the shaft!

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Jun 2016, 12:14

Scotland or England is full of warning signs everywhere - or at least that was what I thought when I was over there!

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 12:18

We're super friendly like that!

In this case, someone owns the joint and is slowly fixing it up to become a future museum. Still just doing the basics by the looks of it. So it's pretty enticing to risky buggers to pay a visit, if they can scale the first 5 metre fence with all the floodlights…

chzel

16 Jun 2016, 12:19

To piggyback on Madhias' plug, he's got a ton of great urbex photos on his Flickr! Been following a while now.

Return to “Gallery”