IBM Model M Rescue

Rainman

25 Jun 2016, 18:37

As a proud owner of a Model M I can only say you did a good thing. What do you plan to do with these?

snuci
Vintage computer guy

26 Jun 2016, 12:20

In the immediate future, I am cleaning them and am knee deep in key caps :) I can say, without question, that I appreciate two piece key caps!

snuci
Vintage computer guy

01 Jul 2016, 23:06

I posted some pics of the industrial SSK in post two of this thread in case anyone is interested. That silicon cover is kinda cool so it stays.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jul 2016, 23:18

snuci wrote: I posted some pics of the industrial SSK in post two of this thread in case anyone is interested. That silicon cover is kinda cool so it stays.
That poor industrial SSK is in a condom. :o :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Jul 2016, 23:38

The condom will be 3rd party and is an especially bad way to store Model Ms if it's tight. When I got a Model M like that one or two keys felt really bad because the condom had been slightly pressing them for years.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

02 Jul 2016, 00:18

webwit wrote: The condom will be 3rd party and is an especially bad way to store Model Ms if it's tight.
Thanks for posting your experience. What you say makes good sense so I removed the cover. With the cover it looked "automotive" like you sometimes see keyboards in a shop. It does look better without the cover in the long run. I'll put the cover on a blue logo SSK. I don't care as much with that one :)

Return to “Gallery”