[1976.03]Key Tronic numeric keypad [Key Tronic Corp. Magnetic Reed]

terrycherry

08 Jul 2016, 16:37

Full title: [Calculator][US][1976.03]Key Tronic numeric keypad[(Linear)Variant 2(purple spring),(Linear)Variant 2(viridian spring)]
FCC ID: unknown
MFD: 1976.03
Sort: Magnetic reed switch
Switch: Key Tronic Corp. Magnetic Reed
Variant:
(Linear)Variant 2(purple spring)
-NO; YES; CE; ENTER

(Linear)Variant 2(viridian spring)
-ATTN; C(on 6 unit module)

Variant 2 module
-6 unit module(internal spring on switch: five units normal and one unit heavy)
-4 unit module
-3 unit module with blank

Took 40 years and 4 months, this keyboard finally found the true master.
It is the oldest keyboard on my collection. This never seen calculator numeric keypad with the indeed rare KTC Magnetic Reed.
I think I was lucky.

Should take a week to 100%clean and disassemble it.
p.s The real thing is that I don't know it's from calculator or computer keyboard but this small keypad is great for small spaces person like me.
Last edited by terrycherry on 22 Jul 2016, 22:24, edited 4 times in total.

Chyros

08 Jul 2016, 17:03

Ooooh, interesting! These switches are really quite elusive, hopefully you can help us learn more about them :) . What's the keyfeel and switch weighting like?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Jul 2016, 17:11

Nice terrycherry, interesting that the KT Magnetic Reed switches were also assembled in these rows like the foam and foil. The keycaps look identical to mine. Show us the switch internals please when you have time.

terrycherry

08 Jul 2016, 18:13

Thanks, Chyros. For more switch internal, take a look seebart post: keyboards-f2/key-tronic-corp-serial-no- ... 11875.html
My four single switches of KTC Magnetic Reed are very heavy.[similar to the NEC oval (Linear)Blue with upper green]
I think seebart's single one is the same. I hope to see the switch of (Linear)Variant 2 with LED switch on seebart's keyboard.

RandySalvage

25 Oct 2016, 01:55

Hi your photos are superb, would you be able to post the dimensions of those bolts, or even a picture of them next to ruler so that I can find replacements? I am in the process of repairing an ancient Space War vector arcade machine from 1978. The controls to this game are comprised of these exact magnetic reed keys. The magnetic rings inside some of the key assemblies seems to have lost some of their magnetism possibly due to the proximity of CRT. Unfortunately for me also it appears as if someone spilled a drink on the console many years ago. The the reed switches in side the keys are hermetically sealed and the contacts are protected, but the bolts that hold the keys in place have no protection and are frozen with rust. My only option is to cut the bolts with a rotary tool and install replacements. Any help in identifying the mounting bolts would be greatly appreciated.

terrycherry

23 Nov 2016, 11:01

Yes, I have the electronic ruler to measure the dimensions of bolt.
I"ll tell you in this weekend.
Could you take some picture inside the arcade keypad controller?
I'd like to see what is it.
Did you like watch wrestling? I like it too.

Return to “Gallery”