Request for permission to use pictures

elecplus

26 Dec 2016, 17:43

I have a recycler who is willing to sort and save for me, but he wants pictures. All the pictures in the wiki should be public domain, but I wanted to ask, does anyone else object if I borrow pictures from the forum? The pictures will wind up in this shareable folder, and will ultimately go to many recyclers. In return for using your pics, you are welcome to borrow the link, if you also have people willing to sort. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... M?ths=true

ohaimark
Kingpin

26 Dec 2016, 18:02

You shouldn't give him photographs of individual keyboards or a list of model numbers. You should have him target switches instead.

elecplus

26 Dec 2016, 18:03

ohaimark wrote: You shouldn't give him photographs of individual keyboards or a list of model numbers. You should have him target switches instead.
More than one recycler :-) And most of them will not take the time to pull switches!
Besides, this also acts as a reference for me when I am out scrounging through the piles.

Ratfink

26 Dec 2016, 18:05

I hereby release all images I have uploaded to Deskthority to date under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Dec 2016, 18:27

elecplus wrote: I have a recycler who is willing to sort and save for me, but he wants pictures. All the pictures in the wiki should be public domain …
All the pictures in the wiki should, in an ideal world, be either public domain or "copyleft": free for unrestricted use. In reality, the copyright status of wiki images is on a per-image basis and every image needs to be checked separately to see what it terms are (click the image to view its page). In many cases, permission has been obtained to republish them at Deskthority, but not unrestricted re-use rights. In many cases, the uploader has neglected to provide even a shred of details about it, so those must be assumed to have restrictive usage rights (and the image may even be stolen).

All images in the wiki that are not copyleft/public domain should be replaced, but the fact is, forum member willingness notwithstanding, many items are so rare that getting replacement photos may take many years.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Dec 2016, 19:24

I usually upload pic with a licence that restricts commercial use of the images... :(

alh84001
v.001

26 Dec 2016, 20:01

Ratfink wrote: I hereby release all images I have uploaded to Deskthority to date under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.
Likewise.

chzel

26 Dec 2016, 23:41

In general I like to keep mine within DT, but feel free to use any of my photos as you see fit. Attribution welcome but not necessary!

elecplus

27 Dec 2016, 00:05

Well, so far we have at least 1 winner :-)
20161222_160003[1].jpg
20161222_160003[1].jpg (853.38 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
What is this one?
20161222_155942[1].jpg
20161222_155942[1].jpg (120.45 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
Note the MACRO key on the bottom row?

elecplus

27 Dec 2016, 00:06

Gents, thank you so much for the permission to use the pics!

ohaimark
Kingpin

27 Dec 2016, 00:57

The latter is probably BTC F&F.

terrycherry

04 Jan 2017, 12:40

I don't think it should be great. Otherwise, they can use internet or wiki to search which keyboard he has. That's their work, you don't need to give the easy work for then. He just use you!

100% possible he just use our photos and info for him to identify which vintage switch on which keyboard than sell it to a huge price. Of course, you can't buy the cheap price with USD5 to USD20 from recyclers any ways.

Return to “Gallery”