Goodies from China

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 05:55

Laser wrote: @Mr.Nobody - don't know if anybode else already said it, but - nice offer! :)

I'd be interested in some cheap (i.e. under 50$ total) Unitek keyboard, ANSI layout, with non-yellowed keys ... is there something like this? Actually I'm only interested in the keycaps (cherry mx, not doubleshots, but lasered) - I like them because they are thick, sharp and they make a nice sound.
Thank you, by "50$ total" you mean including shipping overseas? I will keep an eye on unitek keyboards for you.

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 06:57

Here is what I got yesterday ,this one is NOT FOR SALE of course. A beige unicomp 122 with win key and blue sublegends,ps2 cable, as a diehard Buckling Spring fan boy, this is what I have been coveting for quite a while, the seller just listed and I believe if I were 3 minutes slower, it'd be somebodyelse's...it's just a little dirty, a can of compressed air will solve the problem.
Sorry for the crappy mobilephone shots, I will take better photos after I clean it up.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 08 Jan 2017, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 07:01

#38 A laird keyboard no info about this board at all
Spoiler:
#39 Fujitsu peerless PBT Dyesub numpad, NIB, but not PC compatible
Spoiler:
#40 $18 each,NIB vintage IBM mice,what do you call them? Roller-ball mouse?
Spoiler:
#41 Unknow keyboard for keycaps
Spoiler:
#42 Unknow keyboard for spherical keycaps
Spoiler:
#43 Apple MC-176 serveral keycaps missing...
Spoiler:
#44 Looks like a Focus keyboard with black MX ,no cable,thick double-shot caps though.
Spoiler:
#45 win2020,Space Odyssey 2020...hah.just kidding.No cable again.
Spoiler:
#46 XT layout keyboard, no idea what it is...
Spoiler:
#47 Holy dinosaur diarrhea...This is what you call THICK keycaps.
Spoiler:
#48 Siemens with red swiches which make RED Baron comes to my mind.
Spoiler:
#49 IBM 122 key ISO layout 92G9006 ,I don't know what you call it over there but we call it "RJ45 plug" here,so cable not pc compatible.
Spoiler:
#50 two boards for keycaps or switches
Spoiler:
I feel a little bit fatigued...need a break...
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 10 Jan 2017, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Mattr567

08 Jan 2017, 07:05

That Focus like keyboard looks to be a clone. They cloned the case style off Focus and used clone MX Blacks!

emdude
Model M Apologist

08 Jan 2017, 07:18

38 appears to might be a Key Tronic keyboard, probably F&F switches though. 41 might be [wiki]USw_LXBB01[/wiki] or some variant of it. 46 seems to have Futaba clicky switches.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Jan 2017, 08:42

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] since April 2016(that's when I started to collect computer keyboards) […]
I remember I used to be a man who enjoys reading and playing piano a lot not long time ago […]
If anybody is not contented about what I am doing and give me a face like...[…] Well I will punch that face and tell you to lick my ass and fuck off :evil: , coz I don't owe you anything […]
Perhaps you should again change to a new hobby.
My suggestion:

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 09:29

kbdfr wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: […] since April 2016(that's when I started to collect computer keyboards) […]
I remember I used to be a man who enjoys reading and playing piano a lot not long time ago […]
If anybody is not contented about what I am doing and give me a face like...[…] Well I will punch that face and tell you to lick my ass and fuck off :evil: , coz I don't owe you anything […]
Perhaps you should again change to a new hobby.
My suggestion:
Definitely somebody needs to learn how to behave but not me...I will teach if necessary.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Jan 2017, 09:39

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] Definitely somebody needs to learn how to behave but not me...I will teach if necessary.
Your first lecture was quite impressive already:
[…] If anybody is not contented about what I am doing and give me a face like...[…] Well I will punch that face and tell you to lick my ass and fuck off […]

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 09:48

@ KBDFR
Hah...

and

#51 I heard white MX is worth paying attention to...
Spoiler:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jan 2017, 09:52

since this is going overboard, I'm asking... Mr.Nobody offered to sell stuff without releasing any other info apart from pictures. Should this simply go under "marketplace"?

no offence Mr.Nobody, you are doing a great service, but I believe it would help with the mess. Otherwise post the source and everybody's happy.

also, let's keep "ass licking" for your private life.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Jan 2017, 10:00

Perhaps it is worth reminding you of what you wrote here just a few days ago about what would happen if a Chinese company was insulted in a Chinese online community:
Mr.Nobody wrote: It might be screened out automatically due to keywords cencoring, otherwise your comment might be deleted buy moderator manually for fear of inducing unneccessary trouble to the site. Otherwise you might incite a bitter debate which will degenerate into personal insults against eachother eventually.Hah Hah... […]
Are your insults not "inducing unneccessary trouble to the site"?
Or does it just not matter to you because we enjoy free speech here - even for apologetists of censorship?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jan 2017, 10:03

you understand @kbdfr that your post can be taken as "feeding the troll"?

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 10:20

:lol: @matto

I won't object moving this thread anywhere, but it's not accurate to say I am selling anything, the items in pictures are not mine, how could anybody sell anything he dosen't own. This is more like a Chinese version of "Identify the keyboards + Great/interesting finds" Anybody needs any link about any item,just PM me I won't withhold anything, but I won't post links unnecessarily under every photo to increase my hardship and waste my time, as you can see, 95% of the viewers are not interested in 95% of the items posted here...

@KBDFR
Don't attempt to entice me to turn this thread into another political debate? :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jan 2017, 10:38

as long as the discussion is kept civil and I stop receiving PM of people pissed off about this thread I'll keep this here as it is.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Jan 2017, 10:46

matt3o wrote: […] and I stop receiving PM of people pissed off about this thread […]
Not from me.

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 11:05

matt3o wrote: as long as the discussion is kept civil and I stop receiving PM of people pissed off about this thread I'll keep this here as it is.
You heard the man, let's keep civil and anybody want to lxxk my A$$ and feel too shy to say it just PM me don't PM matt3o. :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jan 2017, 11:12

Mr.Nobody, my suggestion: post less keyboards with more links

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 11:55

kbdfr wrote:
matt3o wrote: […] and I stop receiving PM of people pissed off about this thread […]
Not from me.
I know, could you please tell me how to intert videos into a post? Thanks.

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 11:56

matt3o wrote: Mr.Nobody, my suggestion: post less keyboards with more links
Advice taken, thank you for your support.

Chyros

08 Jan 2017, 13:21

#38 Looks very Key Tronic F&F to me.
#39 Sure that's not Fujitsu dome with slider?
#41 Seems like SMK vintage linear.
#42 Futaba complicated linear
#44 No, it's not a Focus, looks much more like the Tai-Hao or SKB.
#45 KT F&F
#46 Futaba clicky switch
#48 Siemens STB-11, gorgeous board btw
#50 Honeywell & Hi-Tek Linear

Laser
emacs -nw

08 Jan 2017, 13:58

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Laser wrote: @Mr.Nobody - don't know if anybode else already said it, but - nice offer! :)

I'd be interested in some cheap (i.e. under 50$ total) Unitek keyboard, ANSI layout, with non-yellowed keys ... is there something like this? Actually I'm only interested in the keycaps (cherry mx, not doubleshots, but lasered) - I like them because they are thick, sharp and they make a nice sound.
Thank you, by "50$ total" you mean including shipping overseas? I will keep an eye on unitek keyboards for you.
Indeed, with the idea of only shipping the keycaps - if the entire keyboard would be worthy, then - maybe more than 50$ (but not too much :D ). Thanks.

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 14:21

Laser wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote:

Indeed, with the idea of only shipping the keycaps - if the entire keyboard would be worthy, then - maybe more than 50$ (but not too much :D ). Thanks.
This one is Cherry mount, but some of the legends are weared off. Most Unitek keyboards are Alps mount...btw you are the first person I know who seeks specifically for laser-engraved keycaps. You are welcome!
Spoiler:

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 14:41

Chyros wrote: #38 Looks very Key Tronic F&F to me.
#45 KT F&F
#46 Futaba clicky switch
#39 might be dome with slider...

I think you have given answers to every board listed in that post except for the THICK BLACK one.Thanks!

Laser
emacs -nw

08 Jan 2017, 14:44

(about lasered keys)

Yes I know - I am not a fan of lasered keycaps in general, but some Unitek's have keycaps that are thick and sharp (as in sharp edges) and actually feel & sound good when typing. Something like this pic (from a seller on mechmarket): http://i.imgur.com/bjpQcCK.jpg

Mr.Nobody

08 Jan 2017, 14:53

Laser wrote: (about lasered keys)

Yes I know - I am not a fan of lasered keycaps in general, but some Unitek's have keycaps that are thick and sharp (as in sharp edges) and actually feel & sound good when typing. Something like this pic (from a seller on mechmarket): http://i.imgur.com/bjpQcCK.jpg
I have this kind of keycaps but Alps mount, they are from a Focus 747 board.

Laser
emacs -nw

08 Jan 2017, 15:01

Do you have a picture? Also, how much? :D

scottc

08 Jan 2017, 15:25

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Chyros wrote: Jesus Mary and Joseph, the goodies keep on coming, holy fuckballs! Oo

The Maxi thing is MAxi Switch dome with slider, btw.
How about come to China Chyros,we have plenty keyboards here for you to review,and you can make a million annually with your PhD. in Chemistry seriously.
A friend of mine (from Ireland) is actually moving to China this year. Not for Chemistry, but computer software. Quite uncommon but it sounds like it will be very interesting for him!

Harshmallow

08 Jan 2017, 21:39

Laser wrote: (about lasered keys)

Have you ever tried Leopold's PBT Cherry MX mount caps? I have a white set that's front printed (pad printed, but I don't care because my fingers never touch the front of the caps anyway) and very square, sharp edges.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PBT-Keycap-Set-f ... SwRLZT4TFY

I've used them on both a Cherry MX Blue keyboard and they are now the standard caps on my CM Novatouch cause they sound even better on Topre...certainly a hell of a lot better than the stock ultra-thin abs caps that come with the Novatouch.

Laser
emacs -nw

08 Jan 2017, 21:49

Yes! I have a blue-navy set and it's great :) And yes the Unitek (Dah Yang) keycaps I'm searching for have the same shape (but are made from ABS). It's probably just a whim I have - one of my first keyboards had these type of keys and they felt and sounded awesome - probably I just try to re-create the feeling :)

Chyros

08 Jan 2017, 23:22

Mr.Nobody wrote:
Chyros wrote: #38 Looks very Key Tronic F&F to me.
#45 KT F&F
#46 Futaba clicky switch
#39 might be dome with slider...

I think you have given answers to every board listed in that post except for the THICK BLACK one.Thanks!
That one has something that looks like a dome with slider system I saw at some point, but I'm not very sure about that one.

Return to “Gallery”