I love you not because you are perfect but because you are not.

Mr.Nobody

14 Jan 2017, 05:48

@mattr567

The last question is rather good but ask the wrong person, if you have the patience to trace back,you will find out who dropped the courtesy first and made the discussion degenerate into a sheer direct explicit insult..it's all there traceable...

Here is my answer toward those who blowed their top for trvial matters:
We could have different opinions about all sorts fo topics,but I don't call you dumb or clown directly for having different opinions,since you guys chose to drop courtesy first, I don't have reason to retain it either..

Mattr567

14 Jan 2017, 06:11

Mr.Nobody wrote: @mattr567

The last question is rather good but ask the wrong person, if you have the patience to trace back,you will find out who dropped the courtesy first and made the discussion degenerate into a sheer direct explicit insult..it's all there traceable...

We could have different opinions about all sorts fo topics,but I don't call you dumb or clown directly for having different opinions,since you guys chose to drop courtesy first, I don't have reason to retain it either..
Well, there was mug flinging on both sides but people at first gave simple constructive criticism on posting etiquette and you kinda blew it up a bit saying things like 'don't tell me what to do' and loudly rejected people's advice imo. Then it degenerated into whatever that was.

Don't take this personally, but try to listen as much as you talk. Drowning out people with insults and stuff doesn't help anyone or anything.

y11971alex

14 Jan 2017, 08:02

Don't worry. Bombardment has happened to me before.

Mr.Nobody

14 Jan 2017, 09:26

Mattr567 wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: @mattr567

Well, there was mug flinging on both sides but people at first gave simple constructive criticism on posting etiquette and you kinda blew it up a bit saying things like 'don't tell me what to do' and loudly rejected people's advice imo. Then it degenerated into whatever that was.

Don't take this personally, but try to listen as much as you talk. Drowning out people with insults and stuff doesn't help anyone or anything.

There is a difference between instruction and advice,anyway that's a misunderstanding between me and another member(reconciled later),however I don't remember I said anything untoward or explicit to wodan or KBDFR at first, but he said "stop bark like a dog" sort of thing ,oops, courtesy dropped, I won't bury my head like nothing happeded under this situation and I don't remember anyone told him to remain civil at the time(the post is still there), from then on it turns into a partial whatever,BTW bottom line I don't spread disputes raised in one specific thread to all threads of an OP.

EDIT
How fierce a debate might be, but still within the boundary of debate, until the moment someone directly yelled the words like" dumb, clown" at another member, the debate degenerates into a kindergarten-level personal insult, typical...
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 14 Jan 2017, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Jan 2017, 09:35

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] if you have the patience to trace back,you will find out who dropped the courtesy first and made the discussion degenerate into a sheer direct explicit insult..it's all there traceable...
[…]
Mr.Nobody wrote: […] however I don't remember I said anything untoward or explicit to wodan or KBDFR at first […]
May I help your memory?
You answered the very first post I addressed to you, and which was by no way discourteous, by calling me "retarded":
keyboards-f2/let-me-explain-the-meaning ... ml#p346877

Mr.Nobody

14 Jan 2017, 09:39

kbdfr wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: […] if you have the patience to trace back,you will find out who dropped the courtesy first and made the discussion degenerate into a sheer direct explicit insult..it's all there traceable...
[…]
Mr.Nobody wrote: […] however I don't remember I said anything untoward or explicit to wodan or KBDFR at first […]
May I help your memory?
You answered the very first post I addressed to you, and which was by no way discourteous, by calling me "retarded":
I wasn't referting you specifically,read the sentence, darn, plural form, generic reference, Gee.

"I think some poeple really should know better...if they are not retarded."

EDIT:
If you ask me now again, the answer remains same, people no matter who they are preaches their motherland should be splitted are retards.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Jan 2017, 09:48

Mr.Nobody wrote: […] I wasn't referting you specifically,read the sentence, darn, plural form, generic reference, Gee.

This is plain ridiculous.
You were answering my post, quoting my post in its entirety and with no other reference whatsoever:

And you cannot even admit it.

Mr.Nobody

14 Jan 2017, 09:54

kbdfr wrote:
Mr.Nobody wrote: […] I wasn't referting you specifically,read the sentence, darn, plural form, generic reference, Gee.

You were answering my post, quoting my post in its entirety and with no other reference whatsoever:

If I didn't quote your post, how to make you know I was replying your post? If you have to interpret "they are" means "you are",then suit yourself.I have no time teaching grammar or English...

Mr.Nobody

14 Jan 2017, 10:05

@KBDFR
If what I replied was " I think some one really should know better...if HE IS not retarded..." I might be insulting you by allusion, but ...

@micrex22
Yes it's a unicomp keyboard, but who said this thread is about IBM? ,it's about Buckling Spring...

Although this is not a forum of law school,you really should improve your English-reading precision gents.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jan 2017, 10:08

@everybody, stop being a smart-ass. I'm fed up of being forced to intervene.

fohat
Elder Messenger

14 Jan 2017, 16:06

Mr.Nobody wrote:
If you have to interpret "they are" means "you are",then suit yourself.
Actually, as "he" is falling out of favor as the neutral non-gendered singular 3rd person pronoun in the era of egalitarian political correctness, and constructs like "he/she" or "(s)he" or "he or she" are just too cumbersome and can sound silly when spoken.

The neutral, non-gendered, singular "they" has become generally accepted these days in all but the most formal writing.

Phenix
-p

14 Jan 2017, 16:22

(I didnt asked about the 1u win cap here because I didnt wanted to disrupt the discussion)

For me the win cap was new, primarly because so far I only looked at IBM/Lexmark variants like an F122/ an F104 and Model Ms.
Never really checked the Unicomp site beside the spare parts+keycaps sites

Mattr567

14 Jan 2017, 20:05

Mr.Nobody wrote:
kbdfr wrote:

If I didn't quote your post, how to make you know I was replying your post? If you have to interpret "they are" means "you are",then suit yourself.I have no time teaching grammar or English...
I'm tired of this and i'm done after this, but:

By saying "I think some people really should know better" you are inferring kbdfr to the utmost degree. Especially after he joked about there being 2 chinas, and then you mentioned North Korea, South Korea and former West Germany East Germany, and how they are/were separate by saying "people really should know better" - that they are separate just like China and Taiwan is - "if they are not retarded."

You basically called him retarded for 'thinking' that there were 2 china's.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

14 Jan 2017, 20:17

Come on, people, not again. Resist, my friends!

Mr.Nobody

15 Jan 2017, 03:03

@mattr567 Maybe "How did it feel having two Germanies" could have been a better reply. People come from countries which have a history of being seperated by political powers really should know better...
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 15 Jan 2017, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Nobody

15 Jan 2017, 03:14

Well, some folks accused me of wasting a page for not-unusual keyboards, I decide to post some photos you don't see everyday. a 1988 SSK with special legends NIB, yes New in Box and yes it's for sale only if you have a pocket deep as an ocean, welcome...and the item will be shipped from China, out of good will, one DT member tells me my location might scare a lot people off, well if my location scares you off, then better scared off now than later, Mind you I am not the owner of this SSK,but the owner doesn't speak English and has no plan to emigrate to other countries at least for now...
Spoiler:
EDIT: For this babe is for show and for sale, I have to copy this post to my "goodies from China(re-open)"thread. Anything related to "sell and buy" should be discussed over there,here, this thread is for aesthetic appreciation.
Last edited by Mr.Nobody on 15 Jan 2017, 03:22, edited 2 times in total.

alh84001
v.001

15 Jan 2017, 03:17

Interesting CTRL and ALT legends.

chuckdee

17 Jan 2017, 02:43

Mr.Nobody wrote: @wodan
Last thing,mind you, this is not your forum,nor this is your world,mind your own bussiness not mine, and again don't tell me what to do what not to do PLEASE.
While Deskthority is an independent, open community where all registered members can freely participate, it is run as an official club - our club members take care of running things and democratically vote on how to do this. Deskthority doesn't have private owners, the community which forms and supports Deskthority runs and owns it.
Figured I'd post this as you might not have read it. So, as a club member, it really is everyone that donates forum. Quite a bit different than other places that you might frequent, which is one of the reasons free speech is at such a premium, and why people take behavior (mostly) seriously. Just a bit that you might not have known.

Mr.Nobody

18 Jan 2017, 03:18

|wonder is this 122 key unicomp keyboard programmable, I want to re-define all those extra fn keys...anybody knows? Thanks!

y11971alex

18 Jan 2017, 03:40

Mr.Nobody wrote: |wonder is this 122 key unicomp keyboard programmable, I want to re-define all those extra fn keys...anybody knows? Thanks!
While you can remap just about any keyboard, the Unicomp 122 outputs shifted function keys for the ones above F12.

Return to “Gallery”