IBM 5556 Variant

DeChief

26 Apr 2017, 03:30

I was looking at the wiki page for multistation keyboards trying to figure out exactly which type mine was, but it has a part number that isn't in the wiki: 4772976.

It has the hiragana alphabet but isn't a Type 1, so does that mean it's a Type 2? (as in 5556-002)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

26 Apr 2017, 17:14

These are Alps Green switches, not Alps plate spring or Brother buckling springs.

I thought orihalcon had a board much like this? There was one up for sale about a year ago.

andrewjoy

26 Apr 2017, 23:52

I need one of them green alps IBMs

DeChief

27 Apr 2017, 03:08

XMIT wrote: These are Alps Green switches, not Alps plate spring or Brother buckling springs.

I thought orihalcon had a board much like this? There was one up for sale about a year ago.
Yes, I know; the wiki has that information and I have eyes. What was your point exactly? :P

micrex22

27 Apr 2017, 15:12

IBM uses MANY part numbers for a series of keyboards (or non-keyboard related things), so it's likely that the wiki is deficient in many keyboard part numbers, and always will be.

Because the Japanese keyboards are less dealt with in North America and Europe, there's going to be a particular less amount of examples that show up around here.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Apr 2017, 17:47

DeChief wrote:
XMIT wrote: These are Alps Green switches, not Alps plate spring or Brother buckling springs.

Yes, I know; the wiki has that information and I have eyes. What was your point exactly? :P
Mostly to see if you wanted to compare your board to orihalcon's, in case you had anything to add to the Wiki.

It's a nice board, enjoy it!

DeChief

06 May 2017, 05:19

XMIT wrote:
DeChief wrote:

Mostly to see if you wanted to compare your board to orihalcon's, in case you had anything to add to the Wiki.

It's a nice board, enjoy it!
Ah right. I don't think there's anything to add to the wiki other than the differing part number.

I actually hate it, it feels terrible to type on even compared to a Dell XPS13 laptop keyboard :lol: I just need it to use with my IBM 5561 Multistation.

Return to “Gallery”