Paecific.jr's Collection

paecific.jr

06 May 2017, 19:20

As a newish collector, I decided I should finally take some nice pictures of my boards. They are posted in order of acquisition.

IBM Model F122 6110345. Purchased off of eBay for Christmas for myself. This started the addiction.

Sperry Univac with Pertec XL40 keyboard. Purchased from ISU Surplus Store for $45. At this point in my life I only owned the best keyboards. It has various Microswitch switches. And yes those are super thick, doubleshot, PBT, spherical, caps. Some of them are also deeper for finding the numpad. This fall I am probably buying a logic analyzer and converting this to usb.

Zenith Z-150. Yellow Alps. Purchased for my Christmas present to myself. The community here helped me get it working.

Dell AT101W. I found this on a self in a lab at work with another. I got one and my boss got another. Neither of these keyboards has yellowed at all.

MagicForce 68. I purchased this to be a portable keyboard. Outemu Browns. It works.

gnmar2723

06 May 2017, 20:41

That Sperry Univac board is so cool. My grandfather used to work for them - I wonder if he ever had a dope keyboard like that!

paecific.jr

06 May 2017, 21:07

I know, it's a shame I am missing two caps! I have this idea in the back of my mind of making some usb converter for the screen. Maybe just for coding.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

07 May 2017, 03:08

Very nice :) Glad I helped inspire you to do this. That Sperry Univac board looks fantastic!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 May 2017, 08:59

Very nice collection paecific.jr, as you know I've been looking at your Sperry Univac in detail. ;)

paecific.jr

07 May 2017, 14:16

mike52787 wrote: Very nice :) Glad I helped inspire you to do this. That Sperry Univac board looks fantastic!
seebart wrote: Very nice collection paecific.jr, as you know I've been looking at your Sperry Univac in detail. ;)
Not that I intend on selling it, but what would you guys value the keyboard and viewing screen at?

seebart

07 May 2017, 16:31

paecific.jr wrote:
mike52787 wrote: Very nice :) Glad I helped inspire you to do this. That Sperry Univac board looks fantastic!
seebart wrote: Very nice collection paecific.jr, as you know I've been looking at your Sperry Univac in detail. ;)
Not that I intend on selling it, but what would you guys value the keyboard and viewing screen at?
snuci might be more qualified to tell you, something like this is very specific. From what I know Honeywell Hall Effect has not been converted by anyone.

If anyone wants to see more of this nice keyboard:

wiki/Pertec_XL40_keyboard

orihalcon

09 May 2017, 14:43

seebart wrote:
paecific.jr wrote:
mike52787 wrote: From what I know Honeywell Hall Effect has not been converted by anyone.
I know Dorkvader has successfully converted a Hall Effect board. From what I have heard, some variants work like regular switches, but not all apparently. I have yet to do any testing myself though.

seebart

09 May 2017, 14:59

Hmm yeah you're right I remotely recall, I need to dig that up.

Slom

09 May 2017, 19:20

seebart wrote:
paecific.jr wrote: . From what I know Honeywell Hall Effect has not been converted by anyone.
That sentence doesn't typecheck. That like saying that nobody has converted alps switches yet, as opposed to a keyboard with alps switches.

If you have the right keyboard with micro switch SD switches, like a symbolics one, there are certainly USB conversions available:

https://trmm.net/Symbolics or https://github.com/hanshuebner/symbolics-keyboard
Last edited by Slom on 09 May 2017, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Slom

09 May 2017, 19:22

paecific.jr wrote: Not that I intend on selling it, but what would you guys value the keyboard and viewing screen at?
The keyboard maybe 50-75? Biggest minus is the missing keys.

Daniel Beardsmore

09 May 2017, 19:30

It's worse than that … SD series has at least five switch types: sink level (A), sink pulse (B), source level (C), timed repeat (K) and logic scan (S). E is three-pin; the output is not cited.

Slom

09 May 2017, 19:33

orihalcon wrote: From what I have heard, some variants work like regular switches, but not all apparently. I have yet to do any testing myself though.
That would be important for building a custom keyboard, but maybe not so much for doing a protocol conversion?

Return to “Gallery”