Sailor Radio H2099, the OG "commando" keyboard made by Cherry

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Jun 2017, 18:23

Here is my Sailor Radio H2099 keyboard, a Cherry G80-1800 HAU, with OG double-shots and a khaki case "made in Denmark".

It was meant to be used on marine boats with the Sailor Radio Compact 2000 "GMDSS":
The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) is an international system that uses terrestrial and satellite technology and ship-board radio systems to ensure rapid, automated alerting of shore-based communication and rescue authorities, in addition to ships in the immediate vicinity, in the event of a marine distress. Under the GMDSS, all cargo ships of 300 gross registered tonnes and upwards and all passenger ships engaged on international voyages must be equipped with radio equipment that conforms to international standards as set out in the system. The basic concept is that search and rescue authorities ashore, as well as shipping in the immediate vicinity of the ship in distress, will be rapidly alerted through satellite and terrestrial communication techniques so that they can assist in a co-ordinated search and rescue operation with the minimum of delay.
A very few of those seem to be in the hands of Cherry collectors, so I feel extremely lucky that I scored that board! I've modded the alphas to 62g SPRiT v1.2 springs, lubed the whole keyboard with thin Krytox, and added that nice Camo Reaper from BroCaps 420 sale.

The Compact 2000 GMDSS:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jun 2017, 18:31

Very nice, of course if the original users of the Sailor Radio H2099 saw your Camo Reaper on there they might think your some kind of "Rambo". :P :lol:
Spoiler:
1r3luq.jpg
1r3luq.jpg (46.55 KiB) Viewed 3766 times

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Jun 2017, 18:34

Looks like I just got seebarted!

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Jun 2017, 19:22

#dta7

seebart

18 Jun 2017, 20:33

ramnes wrote: Looks like I just got seebarted!
No just having some fun come on, great keyboard I mean that. ;)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

18 Jun 2017, 20:56

We never acted on whether "seebarting" was a positive or negative thing, I wasn't implying anything. :p
ohaimark wrote: #dta7
:oops: :)

seebart

18 Jun 2017, 21:06

Ahh I see how convenient for me. :P :maverick:

Return to “Gallery”