Alps SCKM Green

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

10 Feb 2018, 20:10

Daniel Beardsmore

10 Feb 2018, 22:16

Curious. I knew green replaced brown once you published the graph for brown and it matched the catalogue entry for green, but, your graph for green doesn't match what Alps claims! I wonder if that graph was drawn up for brown and green never really followed the same curve? Maybe it's because you have a bamboo switch there.

It's another one with a fairly flat curve though, and I am guessing that tactile Mitsumi will be another flat curve.

What I forgot to include was KLT-11! Of all the switches I have, that was one of the top ones to get examined and I only remembered afterwards. However, I did include the big version and that's quite similar.

Chyros

11 Feb 2018, 02:21

Hmmm, very interesting. I always suspected that the bamboo switches were more "rounded"-feeling than the pine ones, which feel quite different; it would be interesting to compare the two. Do you have the pine ones as well?

E3E

11 Feb 2018, 02:26

As the pine switches feel remarkably similar to SKCM Brown, I wouldn't trust the bamboo to reflect the logical progression quite as much as the pine switches that came directly after. Bamboos are certainly noticeably different than the pine versions or SKCM Brown, for better or worse, depending on whose fingers are trying them.

If it's any more proof that they do follow each other, I have a Xerox 6085 with pine SKCM Greens, and a NIB 6085 from 1985 with SKCM Browns.

Return to “Gallery”