Minimalistic packaging

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Jan 2012, 18:57

Just received and opened a parcel:
Minimalistic packaging.jpg
Minimalistic packaging.jpg (188.03 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
But well, the keyboard seems to be intact and all keycaps are present :mrgreen:
Last edited by kbdfr on 27 Nov 2016, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

zoidbergslo

20 Jan 2012, 19:02

[small text]some assembly might be required[/small text}

hehe

Tarkoon

20 Jan 2012, 19:05

kbdfr wrote:But well, the keyboard seems to be intact and all keycaps are present :mrgreen:
But only with a lot of luck! :shock:

prava

20 Jan 2012, 19:23

How the fuck are people so stupid?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

nathanscribe

20 Jan 2012, 19:24

:facepalm:

Minskleip

20 Jan 2012, 19:56

Is it still straight?

Gilgam

20 Jan 2012, 20:02

Buckling spring keyboards are stupidity-proof ...

mintberryminuscrunch

20 Jan 2012, 20:07

Gilgam wrote:Buckling spring keyboards are stupidity-proof ...
Lol the keyboard stays intact but all rivets break

hoggy

20 Jan 2012, 21:10

...Just makes me mad...

Swede

20 Jan 2012, 22:13

hoggy wrote:...Just makes me mad...
I recieved my M in a nonpadded cardboard box that was too small for the keyboard. He had ripped the end of they box in two and taped it together with duct tape.

I was quietly weeping when I saw the box at the postoffice. Opened it up and that keyboard proved to me that the Model M is built like a WW2 Soviet tank. There where no damages at all... not even a scratch.

attarian

20 Jan 2012, 22:17

Very nice !!! I often face the same problem, most of the boxes are not suitable for the keyboard. ( but i never send that kind of package...) I think that this package must be a domestic one without any airplane. Otherwise the box would ... not be there anymore.

Findecanor

20 Jan 2012, 22:22

I think I can top that ... A few weeks ago I bought a G84-4400PTBSF on an auction site. It is a slim keyboard with Cherry ML switches and a small trackball. It was wrapped only in two plastic bags! (and from a discount store at that...) While the switches worked, the trackball was busted. I had paid ~9.50 Eur for s/h. I gave the seller negative feedback.

This is the only keyboard I have received that was busted in one way or another. I have got one or two that were packed in boxes without padding, and one Dell AT101W that was packed only in bubble wrap, but they were fine.

Jim66

20 Jan 2012, 23:16

Looool.

heliar

21 Jan 2012, 05:12

I think I have seen at some Korean KB site that they have made box especially for keyboard to be shipped. Normally it is quite difficult to find box that fit keyboard, they are either too big or too small.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

21 Jan 2012, 08:13

Well, in that case it is Cherry who deserve the compliment :mrgreen:

attarian wrote:(…) I think that this package must be a domestic one without any airplane. Otherwise the box would ... not be there anymore.
Actually sent from France to Germany. Two nations involved in taking care of my keyboard :mrgreen:

Findecanor wrote:I think I can top that ...(…) It was wrapped only in two plastic bags! (and from a discount store at that...).
I rather doubt Louis Vuitton or Dior bags would have been any better :mrgreen:

This obviously would be the next step:
Attachments
Versand.jpg
Versand.jpg (44.98 KiB) Viewed 6266 times

hoggy

21 Jan 2012, 10:17

Don't forget the stickers with 1 of 106, 2 of 106...

webwit
Wild Duck

21 Jan 2012, 10:55

heliar wrote:I think I have seen at some Korean KB site that they have made box especially for keyboard to be shipped. Normally it is quite difficult to find box that fit keyboard, they are either too big or too small.
http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=674

JBert

21 Jan 2012, 16:03

That's not 100% right...

I had my model F keyboard shipped in a big box with one side taped closed with "customs" tape. It contained a lot of polystyrene chips, and when I took it out, my heart stopped: two or three keycaps were missing!

All kinds of questions cam up, if the seller just played me like a fool, if the customs somehow managed to open the box and lose the keycaps, if the box was replaced during shipping because the shipping service trashed the keyboard and keys... Turned out they were at the bottom of the box, in the pile of chips, and the springs were unharmed.

So remember, always wrap the keyboard in some cling film or a plastic bag and only then add enough stuffing material.

BiNiaRiS

21 Jan 2012, 23:01

i had something similar happen as well from an ebay seller. they sent me a full size model M in a flimsy box and they didn't bother to full tape the sides. When i got it in the mail I could see the keyboard easily without even opening the box. needless to say a handful of caps were missing since they fell out of the box. the seller was supposed to give me a small refund. I paid $15 or so including shipping for it though so i wasn't too worried. I think i used it for parts anyways.

attarian

21 Jan 2012, 23:36

By the way, when i ship keyboard it's most of the time just "Buble wrap + Delivery bag". ( as the keyboard is already protected inside the box on KBC / KBT brand) For the noppoo and ducky i put more and more buble wrap in case customers really wish to admire the box...

I don't have any bad feedback . One time i was in lack of buble wrap, i had to cut a box during 10 minutes to make it the most " robust and soft as possible.

Half-Saint

22 Jan 2012, 09:32

My Ambra model M came literally wrapped in two layers of cardboard. While the case looked OK on the outside, it was pretty bad on the inside...

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Feb 2012, 14:32

Got two keyboards and two mice from a 5 EUR crap shoot in a plastic shopping bag today. The G80-3000HAU seems fine.

Mrinterface

28 Feb 2012, 16:47

Gotta love that cat....

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Feb 2012, 17:06

Old cat is old. She's 18 now.

guilleguillaume

28 Feb 2012, 18:26

When you post pics without that cat I actually miss it.

Mine always comes to the door when I receive packages and waits until I open it :o

BiNiaRiS

29 Feb 2012, 04:34

webwit wrote:Got two keyboards and two mice from a 5 EUR crap shoot in a plastic shopping bag today. The G80-3000HAU seems fine.
Really not fair seeing awesome US layout boards show up everywhere but the US :\

Icarium

29 Feb 2012, 09:36

After ordering a couple of things from Ebay I have grown to HATE those damn shredded paper fillings.
What's next? People packaging stuff in clouds of dust? That sounds soft too, doesn't it? And it smells like dust already when you open a package with shredded paper..and you have to vacuum at least three times to get rid of all of those little strips. And it wouldn't even be that hard to improve, just put the damn shredded paper in a couple of sealed plastic bags. There, problem solved.

*sigh*

7bit

29 Feb 2012, 11:36

webwit wrote:Image
At least it says BREEKBAAR such that the automatic package sorting machines can switch to the "Handle with care" mode.
guilleguillaume wrote:...
Mine always comes to the door when I receive packages and waits until I open it :o
One day, you will receive a package which you didn't order. That will be the one your cat was waiting for....
:o

Icarium

29 Feb 2012, 12:33

7bit wrote:One day, you will receive a package which you didn't order. That will be the one your cat was waiting for....
:o
:D :D :D
I wonder what's in it. :)

7bit

29 Feb 2012, 12:59

Icarium wrote:I wonder what's in it. :)
G80-3500 Mouseboard.

Return to “Gallery”