Make Cyrillic Great Again

CommonCurt

24 Apr 2018, 06:08

Good gawd! Dream caps.

jerue

24 Apr 2018, 06:48

stunning. Hats off to you both for this find.
depletedvespene wrote: Now that we're past the "woah!" stage, allow me to ask about those five extra caps in a convenient bag — obviously they must be for variants of the Cyrillic alphabet, but my teeny-tiny brain can't figure out what languages (other than Russian) will they accomodate.
Ukrainian replacement keys :)

green-squid

24 Apr 2018, 06:52

My.

God.

:o

I can only DREAM of finding a deal like this!

Now I have to step up my hunting game. Somehow.

kokokoy

24 Apr 2018, 06:54

Man! Amazing find. Clearly beats the SDUs find 2 years ago.

Ravahan

24 Apr 2018, 08:39

Wow this is an incredible find! But what will you do with all of these? I bet a lot of people would love to aqcuire one for their own collection including me :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

24 Apr 2018, 08:50

Love you guys. I'll be definitely interested in buying some of those.

Please contact me if I can do anything to help you in the selling process, I'd be glad to help.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Apr 2018, 09:21

Well done, ball00n and mindgame!

Considering the law of supply and demand,
now I'm glad I sold my Cyrillic board at a time when they still were worth something :lol:

ball00n

24 Apr 2018, 09:54

Thanks for all the replies, guys! I still can't believe we were able to pull this through.
depletedvespene wrote: Now that we're past the "woah!" stage, allow me to ask about those five extra caps in a convenient bag — obviously they must be for variants of the Cyrillic alphabet, but my teeny-tiny brain can't figure out what languages (other than Russian) will they accomodate.
They are replacement caps for Ukrainian and Belarusian markets.

mindgame

24 Apr 2018, 10:38

Yep, Ukrainian and Belarusian.

Puree

24 Apr 2018, 12:03

Nice catch :)

pr0ximity

24 Apr 2018, 12:38

Wow! Incredible find and good story behind them too. I can only imagine the anxiety seeing them begin to sell before you could do anything and then the excitement finally picking those up. Sounds like quite a rollercoaster ride :shock:

I'll join the set of people anxiously awaiting any potential sale, and expect to feel similar emotions :lol:

Prelim

24 Apr 2018, 13:27

life's not fair... been said :(

photekq
Cherry Picker

24 Apr 2018, 13:59

This is the single greatest Cherry haul in the history of all the keyboard forums, including OTD and kbdmania. Well done to both of you :mrgreen:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Apr 2018, 14:01

photekq wrote: This is the single greatest Cherry haul in the history of all the keyboard forums, including OTD and kbdmania. Well done to both of you :mrgreen:
Good to see you around photekq. ;)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

24 Apr 2018, 14:28

photekq wrote: This is the single greatest Cherry haul in the history of all the keyboard forums, including OTD and kbdmania. Well done to both of you :mrgreen:
Haha, I was wondering if you were going to post in that thread or not. Funny. :D

mindgame

24 Apr 2018, 14:31

WEW, such a high appreciation! We were searching this since i got few long time ago, u know :roll:

Really happy watching community positive reaction, thank you guys! :mrgreen:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Apr 2018, 14:37

ramnes wrote:
photekq wrote:
Haha, I was wondering if you were going to post in that thread or not. Funny. :D
Moderate me plz...without pills though plz. :evilgeek: No sleep. No pills. :mrgreen:

need

24 Apr 2018, 14:49

Very cool story, and the boards look nice too.

jdos

24 Apr 2018, 14:55

Wow!!! Great Job.

green-squid

24 Apr 2018, 17:55

Just a curious question, but how do the EnjoyPBT keycaps compare to these real Cherry ones?

green-squid

24 Apr 2018, 18:25

samuelcable, why did you delete your comment?

depletedvespene

24 Apr 2018, 18:30

green-squid wrote: samuelcable, why did you delete your comment?
Kiddo, if you're gonna ask such a thing, at least do it over a PM (or, better yet, DON'T DO IT).

samuelcable

24 Apr 2018, 18:30

I forgot that the cherry caps here are dyesub so half of what I said didn't make sense

Khers

24 Apr 2018, 18:33

green-squid wrote: Just a curious question, but how do the EnjoyPBT keycaps compare to these real Cherry ones?

While I've got no experience with HASRO/SAV or ePBT Cyrillic, I would say that my SAU compare very favourably to my ePBT. I much prefer the texture on Cherry's PBT and their dyesubbing is of higher quality. I could see how ePBT would work as a gateway drug, but it's got nothing on the real deal.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Apr 2018, 18:34

depletedvespene wrote:
Kiddo, if you're gonna ask such a thing, at least do it over a PM (or, better yet, DON'T DO IT).
No way, obviously he's a forum junkie feeling compelled to always immediately post anything that crosses his mind.

green-squid

24 Apr 2018, 18:37

Did it AGAIN. :(

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

24 Apr 2018, 19:19

green-squid wrote: Just a curious question, but how do the EnjoyPBT keycaps compare to these real Cherry ones?

Construction wise the caps are just as good, but there are some major downsides to them compared to real cherry. First of all the homing. Epbt has bar homing vs the scoops on og dyesubs. Second (and this one is subjective) I think the mod legends on epbt look horrible compared to og cherry. Other than those 2 major (in my mind atleast) complaints, they are solid caps and a decent value for money.

dfj

24 Apr 2018, 23:21

XAXAXA

LightningXI

25 Apr 2018, 01:43

I will concur with mike's and others' sentiments on EPBT vs OG dyesubs. The legend quality is far superior on the OG caps. The texture and homing are an immense plus to those who are already used to the glorious scoops on Cherry keycaps.

sleepy916

25 Apr 2018, 04:34

Patiently waiting for the sale thread...

Return to “Gallery”