Zenith Z-150 XT

Taeha Types

01 May 2018, 10:43

This thing is beautiful, oh my god. I know my typing videos are mostly of modern keyboards so hope the typing video for this will make people happy here (when it comes out)!
Looking pretty clean
Looking pretty clean
31743476_10157530701234762_8379707925819555840_n.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 5342 times
This cabling is some serious business
This cabling is some serious business
31662246_10157530701084762_8519183101811752960_n.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 5342 times
Thank you to idlethock for the board :)
Last edited by Taeha Types on 01 May 2018, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 May 2018, 12:57

Very nice, I need to get one of these.

Chyros

01 May 2018, 16:02

Magnificent board. Looks absolutely mint! :D They're lovely creatures, these Z-150s, I can't believe people slaughter these for their switches!

green-squid

01 May 2018, 16:05

Cool! I will be building a handwired keyboard with a Z-150 eaZy PC keyboard. It will look something like this when the switches arrive

What do you think? :)

samuelcable

01 May 2018, 16:07

green-squid wrote: Cool! I will be building a handwired keyboard with a Z-150 eaZy PC keyboard. It will look something like this when the switches arrive

What do you think? :)
not good

samuelcable

01 May 2018, 16:09

Chyros wrote: Magnificent board. Looks absolutely mint! :D They're lovely creatures, these Z-150s, I can't believe people slaughter these for their switches!
They are one of my favorite sounding green Alps chassis and they look sick too, but the layout may be too outdated for people's needs

green-squid

01 May 2018, 16:12

hmm.. yeah. But I wanted to use these apple keycaps I found, since I can't sell them (the stabilized keys are not alps compatible). But I don't really want to use the piss-yellow keycaps, even if they are doubleshouts (but I like the white keycaps+beige spacebar for some reason). I could use a 1unit key for the enter key, but it would look strange with the black stabilizer sticking out.

Though the numpad area is probably what's catching you off-guard, and it's true, I don't know what to use that area for besides the arrow keys and some FN keys.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

01 May 2018, 16:21

Retr0brite your keycaps and case and they will look good as new.

green-squid

01 May 2018, 16:32

Blaise170 wrote: Retr0brite your keycaps and case and they will look good as new.
Of course, I've heard about retrobrite, but I can't even get that kind of hydrogen peroxide easily in my country, and it's going to return, even if not as badly. And I want my keyboard to look unique with these keycaps!

But to make the board look uniform, I'll have to use keycaps in weird places. AAARGH!! So many problems!

Dingster

01 May 2018, 16:33

green-squid wrote:
Blaise170 wrote: Retr0brite your keycaps and case and they will look good as new.
Of course, I've heard about retrobrite, but I can't even get that kind of hydrogen peroxide easily in my country, and it's going to return, even if not as badly. And I want my keyboard to look unique with these keycaps!

But to make the board look uniform, I'll have to use keycaps in weird places. AAARGH!! So many problems!
I mean you can sticker bomb it or paint it or something like that. Guaranteed to be a looker ;)

green-squid

01 May 2018, 16:40

Dingster wrote:
green-squid wrote:

I mean you can sticker bomb it or paint it or something like that. Guaranteed to be a looker ;)
oh hell nooooo.

I just like these Apple keycaps! I will tweak the layout once the switches are shipped. Shouldn't be far from now, the tracking says that they arrived at Ferihegy airport yesterday (hungary's only proper airport, and no hungarian airlines because Malév went bankrupt loong ago)

Dingster

01 May 2018, 17:06

I mean not much options besides that, if you cant retrobrite :)

Chyros

01 May 2018, 18:04

samuelcable wrote:
Chyros wrote: Magnificent board. Looks absolutely mint! :D They're lovely creatures, these Z-150s, I can't believe people slaughter these for their switches!
They are one of my favorite sounding green Alps chassis and they look sick too, but the layout may be too outdated for people's needs
These keyboards are noble. People should be honoured that they get the opportunity to have to learn its layout, that they may use it :D .

Taeha Types

01 May 2018, 19:28

Chyros wrote:
samuelcable wrote:
These keyboards are noble. People should be honoured that they get the opportunity to have to learn its layout, that they may use it :D .
They really are. Even though I hate the ping and initially wanted to harvest the switches (didn't expect the condition to be this good), after feeling it in person I do not want to anymore, and will keep it as is. Might lube the switches though :D

pyrelink

01 May 2018, 20:04

Damn, that zenith is in great condition.

idlethock

01 May 2018, 20:27

Glad to see the board here again. Loved that board and the black badge, but prefer the new old stock feel of my white badge. Glad that its in your good hands and can't wait for the typing video to come :)

Elrick

03 May 2018, 04:03

FeelgHoodMuzik wrote: They really are. Even though I hate the ping and initially wanted to harvest the switches (didn't expect the condition to be this good), after feeling it in person I do not want to anymore, and will keep it as is. Might lube the switches though :D
Always Love the PING :ugeek: .

Only the ignorant despise any pings because they are not decent human beings anymore. Every device has it's noise whether it's a keyboard, transmission or engine.

Human's made it hence expect certain noises to occur whilst using it. If anyone hates any PING go back and felch the Membrane community, they are all there desperately waiting for you ;) .

Taeha Types

03 May 2018, 23:17

Elrick wrote:
FeelgHoodMuzik wrote: They really are. Even though I hate the ping and initially wanted to harvest the switches (didn't expect the condition to be this good), after feeling it in person I do not want to anymore, and will keep it as is. Might lube the switches though :D

Only the ignorant despise any pings because they are not decent human beings anymore. Every device has it's noise whether it's a keyboard, transmission or engine.

Human's made it hence expect certain noises to occur whilst using it. If anyone hates any PING go back and felch the Membrane community, they are all there desperately waiting for you ;) .
I have converted after using it the past couple days, am accepting the ping now

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 May 2018, 17:54

Elrick wrote:

Ping is genuinely the worst attribute of mechanical keyboards

Lube all your alps springs and floss mod all your model fs people

seebart

05 May 2018, 18:03

mike52787 wrote: Ping is genuinely the worst attribute of mechanical keyboards
Yeah the PING can get anoying alright. :|
mike52787 wrote: Lube all your alps springs and floss mod all your model fs people
Model F? :? My F's don't really PING that bad compared to some older Alps SKCC boards.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 May 2018, 18:11

seebart wrote:
mike52787 wrote: Lube all your alps springs and floss mod all your model fs people
Model F? :? My F's don't really PING that bad compared to some older Alps SKCC boards.
Try floss modding, it will amaze you how much it changes the sound of the model f.

seebart

05 May 2018, 18:14

mike52787 wrote:
seebart wrote:
Try floss modding, it will amaze you how much it changes the sound of the model f.
Nope I actually like the stock sound quite a bit. Of course it PINGS somewhat.

Iggy

05 May 2018, 18:15

mike52787 wrote: Try floss modding, it will amaze you how much it changes the sound of the model f.
I did that with my F122, used about 2cm of Oral-B Ultra floss wire per spring. The metallic reverberating sounds / pings were nullified. Since I have a typing video before the modification I could make one again to demonstrate the difference.
But that is best left to another topic of course.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 May 2018, 18:21

Iggy wrote:
mike52787 wrote: Try floss modding, it will amaze you how much it changes the sound of the model f.
I did that with my F122, used about 2cm of Oral-B Ultra floss wire per spring. The metallic reverberating sounds / pings were nullified. Since I have a typing video before the modification I could make one again to demonstrate the difference.
But that is best left to another topic of course.
I sold my f122 I did that to a long time ago, but I still have a f122 that needs alot of work that I may fix up that way. I had a sound demo comparison between a normal f122 and a floss modded f122, but I misplaced the video.

Return to “Gallery”