Post your desktop.

Muirium
µ

26 May 2016, 00:25

superdeluxe wrote:
livingspeedbump wrote: Yeah, the desk is left over from a time when I had a lot shoved into that room...
and had basically no option as far as desk placement. I've slowly been cleaning out the room and finding other places in the house for all my music stuff so I can have a more useable office though.
Wait, that's a rifle, sitting lavishly on the corner of that piece of studio equipment. :o

What are you shooting at? Justin Bieber records?
Fucking Imgur. Won't let my browser access a full version of the image. The thumbnail is so tacky I can't zoom in enough to find a bloody rifle! This shouldn't be hard, people. It's a fucking metal rod…

chzel

26 May 2016, 00:27

Hint:It's on the mixer

Muirium
µ

26 May 2016, 00:29

Thanks. After all that I need a drink, too!

webwit
Wild Duck

26 May 2016, 00:38

Also R2D2 seems to be flanked by a huge water pipe to the left and a green dildo (NIB) to the right.

lot_lizard

26 May 2016, 00:44

Anyone slammin' some Neil Young on LP is always ready to have "unexpected guests" stop by. His boomstick is pointed at the doorway afterall... It's low resolution, but the I think the safety is off

emdude
Model M Apologist

26 May 2016, 00:47

Is that also a feline I spot underneath the mixer? :P

lot_lizard

26 May 2016, 01:02

webwit wrote: Also R2D2 seems to be flanked by a huge water pipe to the left and a green dildo (NIB) to the right.
Wow... This is causing me to overload a little. Between everything mentioned, the reel2reel, peanuts Christmas, actual Christmas, and the lava lamp... I'm joining Muirium in a drink (bourbon)

Muirium
µ

26 May 2016, 01:04

Hot and cold running scotch.

lot_lizard

26 May 2016, 01:06

Muirium wrote: Hot and cold running scotch.
Cheers... Gulp (more like ga-glunk)!!!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 May 2016, 09:29

webwit wrote: Also R2D2 seems to be flanked by a huge water pipe to the left and a green dildo (NIB) to the right.
That looks like a pez dispenser rather than a dildo to me. I love the look of this room, makes me want to go out to a bar with live music and order a beer. I see a can of Papst Blue Ribbon which is always classy. ;) I don't see any rifle either, I see three guitars.

davkol

26 May 2016, 11:26

Rifle at 620 from the left and 250 from the top.

seebart

26 May 2016, 11:32

Oh yeah of course he's got it laying on the mixer console Johnny Cash style. Damn.

macmakkara

26 May 2016, 19:45

My desk now... Moving soon and selling my computer to get money for a new one. Going to more minimalistic desk on new apartment. Its so f*cking small :D

Don't have room for desk like this.

Muirium
µ

26 May 2016, 19:48

Good job. Mess spotted!

Small apartments are just what the HHKB was made for. You'll have enough room for your pointing device, a notepad (if you're into the whole analog thing) and a single beverage. Luxury!

gogusrl

26 May 2016, 19:58

It can't be so small that you have to keep the woofer on your desk :(

Nice Qnix you got there.

hammelgammler
Vintage

26 May 2016, 20:18

I agree, you should totally put that subwoofer under your desk.

That ambient light behind the Qnix looks also nice, that desk would be too small for me though.

macmakkara

26 May 2016, 21:11

Well woofer just sits there and is not plugged to anything. Its not moving with me.

Yeah i need a mouse mat or something... But that R. A. T. 9 laser sensor don't like most of surfaces.

E. Full desk while back https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3fi1uvobzc17 ... bb_yWg47za

seebart

26 May 2016, 21:21

macmakkara wrote: Well woofer just sits there and is not plugged to anything. Its not moving with me.

Yeah i need a mouse mat or something... But that R. A. T. 9 laser sensor don't like most of surfaces.

E. Full desk while back https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3fi1uvobzc17 ... bb_yWg47za
I guess your Beamspring would not fit on your desk. ;) :o

macmakkara

27 May 2016, 07:38

seebart wrote:
I guess your Beamspring would not fit on your desk. ;) :o
Well.. i don´t remember dimensions of beamspring but my new desk is going to be small... From long side around 1m... in short yup it won´t fit...

BlueBox

01 Jun 2016, 09:50

First post

Here is my "Tribute to 70s BBC SciFi" desk:

Built in a wardrobe as a sit/stand desk. It has blue doors and appears to be smaller on the outside...

cookie

01 Jun 2016, 11:03

Well this I call a limited space desktop!

chuckdee

21 Jun 2016, 16:57

I've never seen one of those wolfking keyboards in the wild. How do you like it? And whats that next to the wrist rest?

seebart

21 Jun 2016, 17:00

Right, tell us about these two please!
70sSciFiDesk.jpg
70sSciFiDesk.jpg (176.85 KiB) Viewed 6241 times

Quarzer

22 Jun 2016, 12:34

at home
Attachments
IMG_20150713_160336.jpg
IMG_20150713_160336.jpg (900.19 KiB) Viewed 6206 times

derzemel

22 Jun 2016, 13:04

seebart wrote: Right, tell us about these two please!
70sSciFiDesk.jpg
The red round one is a gaming keyboard/pad. It may be fully programmable, but I do not know the model.
The white one seems to be a CAD/3D modelling tool (mouse?). Here is the big, modern, space brother:
Spoiler:
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Enterprise

MrNorse

24 Jun 2016, 08:13

I got my first 60% (and first daily use mechanical keyboard) in the form of a Pok3r this week.
Naturally, I had to redo my whole work desk by making risers for the monitors and laptop.
I honestly thought I'd struggle without arrow keys, but it hasn't been too hard to adjust to using caps lock and IJKL as an alternative.

Brot

02 Jul 2016, 17:57

What is that?

shreebles
Finally 60%

02 Jul 2016, 18:31

BlueBox wrote: First post

Here is my "Tribute to 70s BBC SciFi" desk:
Spoiler:
Built in a wardrobe as a sit/stand desk. It has blue doors and appears to be smaller on the outside...
That is well cool! I see you use the Nook tablets as displays? What software do you use for that?

beltet

04 Jul 2016, 10:01

Brot wrote: Image
What is that?
Looks like a IKEA Qi Charger.

MrNorse

04 Jul 2016, 13:41

beltet wrote:
Brot wrote: Image
What is that?
Looks like a IKEA Qi Charger.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is.