Liquidation Sale Small Haul

ScottPaladin

15 Jun 2018, 01:34

So an electronics company in my area went up for liquidation. Almost all of the lots were nothing of interest or things that I couldn't store. Somebody outbid me on the Toshiba TS5200, which is a shame, but they wanted it more. I did get one lot though for less than a tenner. It was a full shelf of garbage but worth a gamble, I thought.

My saintly wife picked me up at lunch today and we loaded up our little hatchback.

(Sorry for phone quality, my nice white void is overrun with parts for another project.)

If anybody needs some fax machines or a scanner from the 90s, let me know. There are probably some worthwile parts to salvage out of some of that, but it may all go to goodwill.

This is all I was really interested in. The brown box at the bottom has some neat vintage board games that my wife cooed over. I got two boxes of keyboards to sift through.

Here's the wheat from all that chaff.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the Quietkeys. They're well regarded as RDs go.

Biggest disappointment. I saw these in the photos and hoped they might be FLS boards, but they're HP 46021As instead. They won't go in the trash right away. The bezels might be useful as spares if I find a 46010A or 20A that needs them. Sadly, the caps aren't cross compatible either.

The Logitech board turned out to have some Alps compatible keycaps with it. Think I'm gonna harvest these and keep em in stock.

I've been hoping a AT101 or one of it's predecessors would show up locally, and now I've two. The caps are yellowed but the switches feel OK. Maybe parts or maybe worth restoring.

Finally there's this bad boy, a Fluke Y1700. The Wiki says these are Datanetics DC-60 switches. This guy is a mystery to me, but those keycaps are slick. Shame it's missing one though.

JP!

15 Jun 2018, 02:00

I like the Fluke as well. The other stuff might be left to goodwill or find someone local. I ended up scraping a couple dozen printers and faxes as no one would take them. It's amazing what businesses will throw out or pay to get ride of.

ScottPaladin

15 Jun 2018, 04:31

The DC-60s in the Fluke are squeakier than anything I've had my hands on before.

colorfulanatomy

16 Jun 2018, 05:00

Total noob here, but in your 3rd picture, I think I see a BTC 5100C (looks like mine)? It's an adorable little BTC dome with slider, unless I'm totally wrong/bad at this... Nice finds overall!

ScottPaladin

16 Jun 2018, 05:06

colorfulanatomy wrote: Total noob here, but in your 3rd picture, I think I see a BTC 5100C (looks like mine)? It's an adorable little BTC dome with slider, unless I'm totally wrong/bad at this... Nice finds overall!
You're correct! Neat little board.

DeChief

16 Jun 2018, 08:30

Looks like you got a little CRT too, unless that's not what the thing with a handle on the top is.

ScottPaladin

16 Jun 2018, 23:16

DeChief wrote: Looks like you got a little CRT too, unless that's not what the thing with a handle on the top is.
That was the lightest CRT TV I've ever held. Really cheap feeling and ratty. No idea if it worked. It along with about 30 lbs of old computer speakers, 3 fax machines, and all the ratty rubber dome keyboards went off for donation.

TuxKey
LLAP

17 Jun 2018, 21:09

Liquidation i should remember that next time i clean my basement hahaha..

Return to “Gallery”