The snacksthecat Mathias switch tester

green-squid

28 Jun 2018, 16:00

:o
This bad boy has 3 different types of switches in each row: Clicky, tactile and linear, all in increasing switch weights, from left to right: stock, 40g, 45g, 50g, 55g, 60g, 65g, 70g, 85g, 100g and 125g! I feels kind of weird, but now I know that I really like matias switches, and that I really want a preonic now (problem is, €€€).

The keycaps are from an APC alps clone keyboard. I found that keyboard the same day I found my G81-300, which truly got me started on the mechanical keyboard journey, so these caps are kind of significant! unfortunatley, the keyboard was beyond repair and incredibly filthy, so it had to go (besides the caps and the single SKCM White switch in the spacebar, that's actually on this keyboard instead of the 125g clicky switch which was faulty)

I would like to thank my good man Snacksthecat for being so damn awesome for this 8-)

Can't wait for the XT!!

scottc

28 Jun 2018, 17:48

A cheaper Preonic alternative is to get an XD75, which supports Alps:

- $30 shipped for the PCB: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32831044551.html
- $30 bent steel case + plate: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/stainle ... 59665.html

Nuum

28 Jun 2018, 18:01

Careful, the bent steel case might not be Alps compatible or is it possible to have one hole for both types of switches, MX and Alps?

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 18:49

Plan to make it functional? (or is it already...?)
Also how did you manage to get an XT?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

28 Jun 2018, 19:01

Nuum wrote: Careful, the bent steel case might not be Alps compatible or is it possible to have one hole for both types of switches, MX and Alps?
A lot of custom plates do support both but I have no idea off the top of my head which ones.

green-squid

28 Jun 2018, 20:05

Dingster wrote: Plan to make it functional? (or is it already...?)
Nope, not functional. Just a bit of fun.

Snack is sending me the XT.

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 20:06

green-squid wrote:

Yoo congrats on the XT :)
Mind telling how much you paid for it?

green-squid

28 Jun 2018, 20:13

Dingster wrote:
green-squid wrote:

Yoo congrats on the XT :)
Mind telling how much you paid for it?
It was a gift :)

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 20:14

Woa even more amazing :o Nice guy snacks :P
Kind of hard to find an XT in the EU (that isnt a bigfoot :P ), will you be restoring it?

green-squid

28 Jun 2018, 20:32

Dingster wrote: Woa even more amazing :o Nice guy snacks :P
Kind of hard to find an XT in the EU (that isnt a bigfoot :P ), will you be restoring it?
Yep, restoration!

Dingster

28 Jun 2018, 20:33

green-squid wrote:
Dingster wrote: Woa even more amazing :o Nice guy snacks :P
Yep, restoration!
Good luck with that :)

scottc

28 Jun 2018, 20:39

Nuum wrote: Careful, the bent steel case might not be Alps compatible or is it possible to have one hole for both types of switches, MX and Alps?
Good catch - I'm not sure if it is compatible. You might need to get the Alps plate and a normal case.

Return to “Gallery”