IBM Original Clear Two Piece Relegendable(Legendary) Keycaps

JP!

08 Dec 2018, 01:07

I just wanted to share a recent find of mine I thought was kind of neat. Normally most IBM BS keycaps are already reserved to existing keyboards so to find them in original packaging seems pretty uncommon these days, especially for ones as old as these.
1.JPG
1.JPG (404.2 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Open the box ->
Spoiler:
Instructions in case you didn't already know :lol:
2.JPG
2.JPG (641.66 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (455.71 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
This packaging seems quite robust for something that would more than likely be tossed in the bin.
4.JPG
4.JPG (218.88 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Loads of extra stickers for labeling your keys.
5.JPG
5.JPG (434.25 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Sweet keycap puller
6.JPG
6.JPG (105.4 KiB) Viewed 1923 times

mcmaxmcmc

08 Dec 2018, 04:54

Now that's pretty cool!

Chyros

08 Dec 2018, 07:56

Wow, they actually went with a fake barrel plate to hold the keycaps. And a genuine IBM keycap puller. Sweet find! :)

depletedvespene

09 Dec 2018, 14:22

WOAH.

The clear keycaps aren't that good (Fentek-made ones are quite better, as I described in my post), but that fake barrel plate more than makes up for it. I wish I had a couple of those. :-)

JP!

09 Dec 2018, 17:08

depletedvespene wrote: WOAH.

The clear keycaps aren't that good (Fentek-made ones are quite better, as I described in my post), but that fake barrel plate more than makes up for it. I wish I had a couple of those. :-)
I seen your post a while ago actually. I can't believe how clear your NOS IBM clear caps are. They always seems to have at least some slight yellowing to them so you must have been quite lucky to come across them. I actually have about 25 more on another Model M which look new but still aren't as crystal clear as yours. I suppose the ones I have in this box have not seen sunlight but possibly heat over the course of 30 years. Those Fenteks look very nice but to completely do up a 50 key Model M / F would be a bit expensive.

Return to “Gallery”