Cleaning up zrrion's Wyse PCE

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

06 Feb 2019, 05:24

I snagged this Wyse board that zrrion was giving away. Since the conditions of the deal were that the recipient must make a post to document the cleanup, and that's all I seem to ever be doing anyways; it seemed like a perfect fit.

I just took it out of the box right now and snapped some photos:

Lbibass

06 Feb 2019, 16:38

This is horrifying and I hate you for posting photos of it.

I can't wait to see it be cleaned up!

TheInverseKey

06 Feb 2019, 16:40

What keycaps did it come with? Thin or the nice thick doubleshots?

zrrion

06 Feb 2019, 17:21

The caps are thin and the switches feel as bad as the board looks, the restoration should be cool to see unfold. Glad the board arrived in the same (horrible) condition it shipped in.

ZedTheMan

06 Feb 2019, 17:31

I look forward to seeing how this cleans up, snacks!

(And sorry to take away any focus from the thread, but I have my plans for that Datadesk Ergo keyboard that zrrion was selling also! It may or may not have to do with a certain group buy going on)

JP!

06 Feb 2019, 20:25

zrrion wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 17:21
The caps are thin and the switches feel as bad as the board looks, the restoration should be cool to see unfold. Glad the board arrived in the same (horrible) condition it shipped in.
:lol: Yeah I hate it whenever a keyboard arrives in better than expected condition.

Muirium
µ

06 Feb 2019, 20:55

The amount Her Gracious Majesty’s Thieving Customs and Excise charges us to rummage through our imports, you’d expect them to tidy up for you a bit. Sadly they do not.

andrewjoy

07 Feb 2019, 12:40

Clean it before you post! ( and show us a before and after)

You dirty dirty boy!

lucar

07 Feb 2019, 23:07

Hi!

I arrived late on that classified, check my restore video of a Bull Questar (Wyse pce) , those are great keyboards!
Luca

TicTocTom

09 Feb 2019, 05:07

Very nice!

Tomatt

09 Feb 2019, 14:35

JP! wrote:
:lol: Yeah I hate it whenever a keyboard arrives in better than expected condition.
It's entirely possible with something like this. If the keyboard was shaken around a lot during shipping, some of the dirt might have fallen off!

JP!

10 Feb 2019, 03:25

Tomatt wrote:
09 Feb 2019, 14:35
JP! wrote:
It's entirely possible with something like this. If the keyboard was shaken around a lot during shipping, some of the dirt might have fallen off!
Touché ;)

Return to “Gallery”