Four pallets of keyboards

off

30 Mar 2012, 13:04

I'm guessing not SMD just normal ones (luckily :) ) but I haven't checked at all; just that so far I haven't seen smd caps in keybs (esp old ones).
Could just wait for the keyb to come in and match the pics :P

Kurk

30 Mar 2012, 17:40

Lustique wrote:Thank you again, but I also have no clue which capacitors I should use. The only thing I know is that I would need one with 2.2 µF for 50 V and one with 47 µF for 16 V (according to lowpoly's post at GH), but which kind of capacitor I'd actually need is beyond my knowledge (size, SMD or not, tantal or standard electrolytic thingy, etc.).
See this geekhack thread: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:5065
The original circuit board uses SMD caps. These are hard to remove and very hard to solder back on with conventional equipment. So go for ordinary through-hole caps, just as shown in the GH how-to.
Electrolyte capacitors tend to leak after a few years while tantalum caps last longer but are more expensive. I would go for tantalum (the orange blobs).

off

30 Mar 2012, 18:42

oh wow smd after all...

andrewjoy

11 Apr 2012, 17:31

Oh WOW amazing find mate.

I would be up for the cleaner of the 2 apple extended 2s if you don't mind shipping to the UK.

I would also be up for one of the silver label model Ms thinking of making one good ISO one form my blue label UK Lexmark

Would you also be up for selling the keycaps form that strange HP ?

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

11 Apr 2012, 22:55

Old military board? Metal AT connector, have seen these on eBay before but don't know what they are.

Interesting keys on it!
Mhmm.... where have I seen this layout before...

(IBM did make some with numpads instead of the PF block)

You'll find that some of your 122 key boards will have similar key markings.

Your average IBM Rubber dome RJ-11 keyboard right?

No! It has buckling springs! Haven't seen any like this before!

An M2 for the 3153 terminal.

I may edit this post further as I see more interesting stuff. :)

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Apr 2012, 00:54

Yes! This forum needs more IBM.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

12 Apr 2012, 00:56

Would be interested in seeing some of the 102-key (i.e. standard size) terminal Model Ms. The ones I can see are 3151/3161 types with the pretty numpad keys. If there are different ones, particularly with "Field Exit" written on the return, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Trent

12 Apr 2012, 08:11

Hey all, quick update.

Thanks everyone for all of the positive feedback!

Due to RL time constraints, I am unable to begin shipping any of these boards until mid May <-> June. For those of you who have already expressed interest in specific boards I will PM you when the sales begin.

I really wish I was able to begin selling these boards yesterday, however I am currently unable to do so until a later time. I do however very much look forward to begin selling/trading these boards to all of you fine people!

Trent

off

12 Apr 2012, 11:18

RL>boards is better for your health, no worries.

Awesome, an SSK! :shock: Brb, gotta go puke.

Trent

13 Apr 2012, 01:42

I am not even kidding when I say this. But I just got a hold of the tool to open the SSK.

There was an intact dead flying bug inside of the case. One of the corners is completely rusted. Once I do my bolt mod, clean it up, get new keycaps and all new springs no one will ever know how dirty this keyboard is on the inside except me :lol:

Trent

17 Apr 2012, 12:16

Update: IBM Model M SSK Bolt Mod pictures are in the Workshop forum!

nfc

20 Apr 2012, 01:07

webwit wrote:
IBM Model M2.
M2.... have never seen before... from outside looks like a recent rubber dome IBM keyboard, but hides BS beauty.
Is it rare? Where can I read something more about?

EDIT: Sorry for stupid question... :oops: I answered myself: "Clicky Keyboard dot com"... very good reference for BS maniacs.

off

20 Apr 2012, 01:19

nfc wrote:M2.... have never seen before... from outside looks like a recent rubber dome IBM keyboard, but hides BS beauty.
Is it rare? Where can I read something more about?
Probably not, i'm getting one ;)
How about in our wiki! Took a few clicks, but IBM Selectric Touch Keyboard (Model M1/M2), basically it looks like it's the cheaper younger brother.
And then there's always google's 'site:geekhack.org OR site:deskthority.net' to get a ton of results on most things keyboard related :)
edit: damnit, was too slow xD

Trent

25 May 2012, 09:48

New update, see post number 2.

JBert

25 May 2012, 10:27

You don't happen to have come across any b0rked model F XT's?

I'm still looking for Qwerty keycaps for those, as I've currently got some French layout. The XT uses some weird stepped keycaps which you can't find anywhere else.

andrewjoy

17 Jun 2012, 16:20

Are the 122keys Fs or Ms ?

gunnish

05 May 2013, 23:33

Do you still have plenty of them left, any for sale? Did you get the spacesaver to work?

tipo33

06 May 2013, 00:49

All the 122 keys were M's, I have the remainder of most of the boards.

Return to “Gallery”