Cherry G81-1138HBU

LightningXI

24 Jul 2019, 02:39

Today I finally got something that a kind community member relayed information to me about -- this keyboard was found within a office furniture warehouse in Germany. I was able to contact the previous owner of this keyboard, who was extremely kind and meticulous in organizing a successful shipment of this keyboard. My sincerest thanks to those involved. :D

Despite it not being in the best shape, I have managed to give the keycaps a deep clean! The chassis and the internals were quite dirty so I could only do so much -- as it is implied by the model number, the keyboard has Cherry MY switches, and with the dirt that seeped in over time, they are currently extremely scratchy.

Below are some (relatively quick) photos of the keyboard after cleaning.

No original box, but this keyboard, though now without a label, was used with a METO-branded label printer. The keycaps are ANSI doubleshot with accented character pad-printed legends on the front of select keys. Oddly, the pipe key is modifier-colored! I am very glad to be able to document this and even more glad that it came in even better shape than I expected! 8-)

SeedyOne

24 Jul 2019, 02:46

Dang, an overseas find at that! Way to save it!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Jul 2019, 04:28

Nice, dude! That's a great story too! The board even has plastic on the cable - that's always a nice bonus.

on an unrelated note, where can I buy that blanket you have the board sitting on?

LightningXI

24 Jul 2019, 05:43

//gainsborough wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 04:28
Nice, dude! That's a great story too! The board even has plastic on the cable - that's always a nice bonus.

on an unrelated note, where can I buy that blanket you have the board sitting on?
Thanks!! Haha, I wish I remembered where I bought it exactly! Bought it sometime last summer because my other blanket was too thick for the summer heat! Would never end up using it. Love the colors on it though! Fall-themed :)

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

24 Jul 2019, 06:04

That's what I like about it too! Fall is the best season.

Anyway - blanket derailment: over. Haha.

ramblinrose

26 Jul 2019, 19:06

Ah the benefits of browsing all versions of ebay while bored at work! I'm glad it all worked out for you and the board was in good shape all things considered! Aside from the numpad it doesn't look like the keycaps are too shiny too, definitely a bonus.

Return to “Gallery”