Cherry G81-3015HAK

LightningXI

14 Jan 2021, 21:20

Today, I got this keyboard from a vintage keyboard and workstation enthusiast in the Quebec province in Canada. They packed it meticulously and it arrived in fantastic condition. My sincerest thanks! :D

The chassis is very clean, and the keycaps do have a significant amount of shine. They come in an off-beige tone, and the sides of the keycaps seem to indicate it has yellowed a fair bit over time as well, so I may contemplate a slight retro-brite treatment in the near future. The keycaps are ABS doubleshot in the standard Cherry profile dimensions. It also features the same oddities that the Cherry G81-3015HAR did -- R4 Control and Alt keys, while having R5 arrow and numpad bottom-row keys. As it is implied by the model number, the keyboard has Cherry MY switches, and with the dirt that seeped in over time, they feel quite stiff.

Below are some photos of the keyboard right after unpacking! (so it has a bit of dust and dirt in all of its goodness)

No original box. I promised to document this beautiful board, as its previous owner was not sure what model number it had. It comes in an AEG Olympia-branded chassis and a rather uncommon French Canadian layout. On the interior, the PCB reveals its model number: G81-3015HAK.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Jan 2021, 09:11

Wow. Just wow.

Return to “Gallery”