Podworld PD-101-OM

zrrion

18 May 2021, 03:40

This one isn't great, but on the plus side it also was cheap so that's something. I got it for research as I suspected some things about it that ended up not being true

These pics are from the listing, and as you can see it clearly isn't in good shape, but also it has a metal backplate unlike the later versions that are all plastic. I was hoping it would have a metal switchplate as well but as it turns out it was plastic. I thought from the pictures it was maybe a rusty plate, but it was just a dirty plastic one.

Not the BAE stab I was suspecting. Damn.

The PD here indicates it is a podworld, so even though it is almost entirely identical to KPT boards in construction. The keyboard assembly from a podworld can be swapped into a KPT case perfectly and vice versa. I have a podworld case with a KPT assembly in it presently, and the metal backplate on this board works with it, so after I strip the paint/rust and repaint it I can move it over to that and have a barely better keyboard.

The caps would be nice if this wasn't shot and the case has brass screw inserts so if this thing was in good shape it would make a nice board. My search for a version of this board that has a metal plate continues. It might be in vain, but until I have one with black slider KPT I won't give up. I'm keeping the deep dish homing caps, the WASD keys for yellow gamer keys, and the mods which will make okay enough spares.

Jan Pospisil

18 May 2021, 08:53

So why do you want these? Do you like KPTs?

zrrion

18 May 2021, 14:01

A podworld 102 was the mechanical keyboard that started me in this hobby, so I'm interested in them a bit beyond what is reasonable considering their quality. I do like the switches and I like the layout a lot, but the switches don't stack up well to similar condition white alps, and the plastic plate is a bit of a weak spot, which is why I was hoping to find one with a metal plate. Caps are generally good though.

Return to “Gallery”