Psst! Wanna See My Keyster?

Sandpaper600

13 Sep 2022, 08:46

Well, I Finally Did It!
It’s been a journey, but I finally finished building the keypad of my dreams!
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Keyster! (pun intended)

Four years ago I first started toying with the idea of a keypad with isolated arrow keys and basically a set of keys in num-pad configuration on either side. I stumbled from forum to forum, hoping to come across someone that would be willing to build this for me.

Hitting a wall at each turn, I finally resolved to build this myself and with much help, (mainly from the deskthority gang), I finally finished my first build…actually my first and second build. My wife wanted one too!

I’m not going to post heavily here, but if you want to see more, including my build notes, a short vid, plus a bonus shot of the back plate, check me out here:

https://keysterbuild.blogspot.com/2022/ ... yster.html

I have to give big thanks to the folks here that helped out an old fool like me when I was stumbling. Without the guidance and nudging from people like Muirium, jsheradin, Findecanor, Lanrefni, and a bunch of others, I would still be bumping my head against the wall.

Thanks guys, this has been a wonderful time.

jsheradin

13 Sep 2022, 14:41

Awesome build, they turned out great!

hellothere

14 Sep 2022, 22:53

Cool. I remember this from 2021.

Icarium

20 Sep 2022, 08:24

Wow, it looks great! Please do post some follow-ups after using it for a while. Maybe there is something to learn....like when all the hot glue falls apart in a month! JK. It should be fine! ;)

Sandpaper600

23 Sep 2022, 09:03

WOW....just wow. Thanks Icarium.

Return to “Gallery”