Nice one DW

phetto
Elite

28 Jun 2012, 07:45

Anyone have a one in good condition for sale? Wanna join da club

javifast

28 Jun 2012, 08:20

phetto wrote:Anyone have a one in good condition for sale? Wanna join da club
PMed. I have an IBM ISO spacesaver for sale.

p.s.

29 Jun 2012, 20:17

postlapsaetia

29 Jun 2012, 21:17

p.s. wrote:Image
Twins?
Attachments
2012-06-29 15.12.14.jpg
2012-06-29 15.12.14.jpg (111.36 KiB) Viewed 9177 times

raptorized

06 Jul 2012, 13:29

Received my IBM Model M SSK from tao bao and more doubleshot replacement keys for noppoo choc pro (not all keys fit, replaced most 1 unit keycaps).

I have to say the IBM Model M SSK was of better quality than expected. Some minor chipping on the edge of the board probably due to age+shipping. I applied the flossmod to some keys, lazy to finish all but will continue soon. Best keyboard I've felt so far.

The keycaps for Noppoo don't have the proper key profile due to the Noppoo's weird keycap profiles... but I like the sharper contrast of the doubleshots anyway. A bit shinier than expected (not good).

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/z2x2p

raptorized

06 Jul 2012, 14:20

Does the IBM model m ssk have a numlock? I had to remap f1 to numlock

rodtang

06 Jul 2012, 14:28

raptorized wrote:Does the IBM model m ssk have a numlock? I had to remap f1 to numlock
It's shift + scroll/numlock.

Grond

29 Aug 2012, 18:29

Updated.

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 Aug 2012, 19:44

RGB modifiers for ISO!!! They finally existed! More details, please!! :D

HzFaq

29 Aug 2012, 19:57

I'd guess that with the non-standard colours and the lack of legends that they are home-made.

damorgue

29 Aug 2012, 20:20

Nope, I think they are real, but the colours are wrong aren't they? Shift should be green and control should be red.

Grond

29 Aug 2012, 20:31

They are real and made by Unicomp. Yes, it's not the regular RGB because they don't have short green (nor blue) shifts. They do have red ones though. I think it looks nice nonetheless! Green is the new red! :D

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 Aug 2012, 20:36

Who do we have to kill to get those keycaps from Unicomp? :D
They don't advertise this kit on their website :S

Grond

29 Aug 2012, 20:40

No, but they will sell you one at the regular price if you ask! ;)

CeeSA

31 Aug 2012, 17:10

here is my SSK:
ibm ssk desktop.jpg
ibm ssk desktop.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
cleaned and flossmoded.

ok, the detachable cable is not plugged in ;)

damorgue

31 Aug 2012, 17:13

I never noticed until now, but is the key above the enter in ANSI layout always the same colour as the alpha section? For some reason, I always though it was modifier coloured on all keyboards whenever there are two colours.

AKIMbO

01 Sep 2012, 04:22

damorgue wrote:I never noticed until now, but is the key above the enter in ANSI layout always the same colour as the alpha section? For some reason, I always though it was modifier coloured on all keyboards whenever there are two colours.
Yup...it's always alpha colored.

Here's my latest IBM acquisition.

OxC0FFEE

21 May 2013, 04:36

Oh I'd dearly love to join the SSK club! Does anyone have a board he or she would like to part with?

snoopy

23 May 2013, 20:46

Just wanted to post my SSK here :)
-Hackorange CC
-Mix of german Model M and US terminal keys
-rgb kit
-Industrial topshell
-flossmod

Muirium
µ

23 May 2013, 21:07

Floss mod?
The dental floss mod involves putting a length of fluffy dental floss into the middle of a keyboard switch's coiled spring. The intention is to reduce the keyboard's noise.
Oh, right. To reduce the ringing. How effective is it? Have you done this to all the keys?

snoopy

23 May 2013, 21:15

In my opinion, it's very effective. It nearly eliminates that annoying ringing (I know, some people love that).

I did it to all keys, except for esc and f-keys (just for fun)

Peter

23 May 2013, 21:41

snoopy wrote:Just wanted to post my SSK here :)
-Hackorange CC
-Mix of german Model M and US terminal keys
-rgb kit
-Industrial topshell
-flossmod

May I ask ?
How long have you had it ??

A GODDAMN nice keyboard IMHO !!
(I even quoted the image !!!!)

EDIT :
Forget it, it has a 40$ skull !!
I have problems selling the NIB keyboard for a price even close to the Skull-caps !!

snoopy

23 May 2013, 22:07

I have the ssk itself since october last year. And the topshell for about 4 month.

I have 3 more SSK... but they need a lot of cleaning and something like a rebuild... hope I will have some time to do that soon.

Muirium
µ

23 May 2013, 22:20

Careful where you say you've spares, Snoopy. Lots of us are still hunting for our first around here!

Looks like that's hooked up to a Mac Mini. How does the SSK handle in OS X? I'm wondering about Command / the missing Windows key in particular. Are you just using System Preferences, or did you need an extra tool like KeyRemap4MacBook?

Grond

23 May 2013, 22:40

I also use my SSK with Os-x. I use KeyRemap mainly to remap the F-row to standard Mac media functions + some extras on F-13-14-15. Works flawless. If you just want to switch Control to Command, you can do it via System Preferences. I almost never use Control anyway, otherwyse I'd remap Caps Lock to it.

Muirium
µ

23 May 2013, 22:45

I use Control, Option and Command quite a lot. So I'd put Control up where it should be and ditch Caps Lock as you say. (Already have Caps Lock disabled on my current setup in fact.)

Does the SSK have a Caps Lock light? By the look of the pictures, I'm guessing not. Probably a plus in this case!

What USB adapter are you guys using with these, by the way? Besides those of you who have gone inside to mod the controller for themselves!

Grond

23 May 2013, 22:52

No lights on the SSK – I wish my Filco came without leds as well! :D

The best USB adapter around still seems to be the blue cube, but I had a bad experience with one of those: it just broke after a few days of work – possibly it was damaged during the shipping, but it didn't feel very solid anyway. Instead, I strongly recommend the SDL to USB cable. It's made by some guy in the Us, I got from ebay. The USB adapter is built in the cable itself, and works just fine. Of course you need a SSK wich supports detachable cables.

snoopy

23 May 2013, 22:54

I use capslock (no light) as command. And also some key-remapping with "Ukelele" cause of the missing <> key next to left-shift.
As adapter I use one of that blue cubes.

Grond

23 May 2013, 22:55

I tried to use Ukulele once, but I didn't really realize how to use it. Do you find it better than KeyRemap?

Return to “Gallery”