FILCO + original WYSE + moogle WYSE =)

inlikeflynn

30 Jun 2012, 22:51

Here are a couple pictures of my FILCO + original WYSE + moogle WYSE :D

They look great together and you cannot even tell the difference between them! Note that my original keys were new and have no fading or yellowing.

Thank you everyone who gave input on the color choices as they turned out to be a perfect match!
WYSE01.JPG
WYSE01.JPG (629.7 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
WYSE02.JPG
WYSE02.JPG (515.91 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Comparing original vs moogle for the dark gray color
WYSE03.JPG
WYSE03.JPG (574.56 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Comparing original vs moogle for the light gray color
WYSE04.JPG
WYSE04.JPG (674.39 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Last edited by inlikeflynn on 01 Jul 2012, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.

off

30 Jun 2012, 22:56

It's lighter and the line is thinner (on backslash). But man, does that setup look niiiice.

Quarzac

30 Jun 2012, 23:37

I'm glad they came out well, and that you got them all in one piece. I feel kinda bad for the people who I didn't get to ship yet, but hey, there are only 3 of them.

dirge

01 Jul 2012, 00:08

Am I one of the three?
I did help in a little way with the colour selection ;)

DanGWanG

01 Jul 2012, 00:40

Looks good :) That WYSE set looks awfully familiar!

hashbaz

01 Jul 2012, 01:30

Looks fantastic!

inlikeflynn

01 Jul 2012, 02:40

off wrote:It's lighter and the line is thinner (on backslash). But man, does that setup look niiiice.
actually the line's on backslash are the same on the original and moogle here. both are thinner than the lines on the keys next to them. I'll take a picture of this key original and moggle side by side
dirge wrote:Am I one of the three?
I did help in a little way with the colour selection ;)
Sorry dirge! with GH dead, I couldn't look at the old post and I just remembered 7bit's pictures near the end
DanGWanG wrote:Looks good :) That WYSE set looks awfully familiar!
Actually these aren't yours even. these are the set I already had and have used for quite a while. The one from you has some weird keys I just saw after looking at them today for the first time.

Quarzac: Were these supposed to come with a tab key? I cannot remember and of course cannot look at the original post. Also what is the tiny 1.25 key with just an UP arrow?

Quarzac

01 Jul 2012, 03:08

inlikeflynn wrote:Quarzac: Were these supposed to come with a tab key? I cannot remember and of course cannot look at the original post. Also what is the tiny 1.25 key with just an UP arrow?
Nah. The tab key idea was kicked around, but ditched because it changed the price too significantly. That little arrow key is an ISO left shift. In retrospect, it probably wasn't entirely necessary, since I only had 5 international orders, but we all know a separate ISO kit wouldn't have made it to production.

emptythecache

01 Jul 2012, 03:09

That set looks sick good dude.

dorkvader

01 Jul 2012, 07:26

IS it just me, or was the enter key in the moogles printed with the arrow next to the "e"? For some reason, WYSE decided to put the arrow to the right of the "r". I much prefer this kit's version.

Quarzac, There were two more kits headed abroad that I took care of, bringing the total to at least 6 intl orders.

It's looking really good on my CMstorm, though I think it'll go better with a black case, I may transfer one (which is faster than swapping all the keycaps) from my other CMstorm (with reds)
---
Flynn: That's a good-looking setup! My caps (Unfortunately) are yellowed a little, but at least they're thick. It's very good to know the colours were spot-on, so now I know what to re-retr0brite them to. Looks great on your filco, though.

javifast

01 Jul 2012, 08:58

Very nice keyboard. Maybe it could look better on a white filco board. But otherwise awesome keyboard.

AKIMbO

01 Jul 2012, 15:51

Yes, the color matching was spot on imo.

My board with the WYSE Moogle kit ^

ACallander

02 Jul 2012, 06:42

inlikeflynn wrote:Here are a couple pictures of my FILCO + original WYSE + moogle WYSE :D

They look great together and you cannot even tell the difference between them! Note that my original keys were new and have no fading or yellowing.

Thank you everyone who gave input on the color choices as they turned out to be a perfect match!
So I have to ask.. I just got my filco and I absolutely love your key style/color. Where can I get them? I was going to order the WASD with the same color layout style but went with the filco.

ZcHuer

02 Jul 2012, 07:31

I used to have concerns for have white key sets on black keyboard, but from your picture, seems I don't have to worry any more. Now I am really expecting my cheese green double shot key set for my black Filco Ninja TKL.

inlikeflynn

02 Jul 2012, 13:48

ACallander wrote:
inlikeflynn wrote:Here are a couple pictures of my FILCO + original WYSE + moogle WYSE :D

So I have to ask.. I just got my filco and I absolutely love your key style/color. Where can I get them? I was going to order the WASD with the same color layout style but went with the filco.
The modifiers (CapsLock/LShift/2xControl/2xWin/1xmeta/2xAlt/RShift/Enter/|\/Backspace) come from the WYSE moogle group buy on GH. All the other keys are from an actual WYSE keyboard which you can get on EBay sometimes these days.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

04 Jul 2012, 04:56

dorkvader wrote:IS it just me, or was the enter key in the moogles printed with the arrow next to the "e"?
Correct. I kept my OG WYSE enter when I put on my moogle keys because of that.

Quarzac

04 Jul 2012, 06:43

Yeah, my bad on that. I didn't even notice. Otherwise I would have had Melissa redo them when she was sending me all the keys she forgot to have made.

DanGWanG

07 Jul 2012, 22:34

Thanks inlikeflynn :)

I know my home row is awesome.

Edit: BTW, if anyone has the correct home row for sale, hit me up please!

fossala
Elite +1

07 Jul 2012, 22:47

I think these are looking better than cherry doubleshots.

inlikeflynn

08 Jul 2012, 00:17

DanGWanG wrote:Image

Thanks inlikeflynn :)

I know my home row is awesome.

Edit: BTW, if anyone has the correct home row for sale, hit me up please!
nice looking Dan! glad they showed up already :mrgreen:
I like the CC on there, I forgot to-do that in my pictures.

DanGWanG

08 Jul 2012, 02:02

You could always take new pics :) I spent all day taking pics today and dressing up my keyboards like a nerd. But it felt damn good.

OddOne

09 Jul 2012, 18:58

I must say thank you to inlikeflynn as well...
right end.JPG
right end.JPG (132.35 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
left end.JPG
left end.JPG (132.43 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
full shot.JPG
full shot.JPG (126.79 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
They are all original Wyse (thin) key caps except for the bottom row and the caps lock. They keyboard is a Rosewill RK-9000 with Brown switches. I use this one at work and think the Wyse caps give it a very classy look!

edit: I should say thank you to Quarzac as well for running the GB. Thanks Quarzac!
Last edited by OddOne on 09 Jul 2012, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

inlikeflynn

09 Jul 2012, 20:05

Looking nice and classy there on the full size board OddOne! I normally don't like the look of full size boards, but this one I do like :mrgreen:

Return to “Gallery”