Filco Tenkeyless MX Blue

guilleguillaume

12 Mar 2011, 19:30

This Filco was bought to Sixty and came in perfect condition and with free bonus Stuff that I appreciate so much.

I'm actually very happy with the deal and I fell in love with those Blue switches. Coming from 45g Topre and from MX Brown I feel a bit strange on this since they need more pressure but not too much, the Noppoo brown switches are so light.

I like the mod on the spacebar that includes a MX Green, it reminds me my Steelseries 7G Spacebar with MX Black switch but it's easier not to bottom out just because of the click sound :D

It comes with Leopold Keycaps and I must say they are better than regular Filco ones and look better too for my taste.

I changed the F and the J for the engraved ones because the nub it's more noticeable and it helps me a bit when looking at the keyboard. I changed the arrows too.

I bet Sixty uses his right thumb for using spacebar :lol:

I'm faster with Blues than Browns when writing.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Mar 2011, 06:28

Hooray, glad you like it!

Just out of my own curiosity, was the blank engraved set still complete? Been like 2 years since I last saw those keys, then randomly found them again and throw them in there :D

gorb

13 Mar 2011, 06:33

Nice. I just switched back to a blue board last night from the brown I was using for the past few weeks, and I enjoy the change :D

Cyclonechuah

13 Mar 2011, 15:48

these are very nice keyboard, btw engraved? you mean engraved keycaps? anyone know where to purchase those keycaps ?

guilleguillaume

13 Mar 2011, 23:37

Sixty it was not complete but I'm happy with the Arrows and F-J that came all together. I really like the look of them alone with the other Leopold Keycaps.

I actually like a looot the MX Green on the spacebar :mrgreen:

gorb I'm starting to like more the Blues than Browns because I find they're more funny to type on, even when gaming.

Cyclonechuah If I'm not wrong KBC sells them on Taobao, Imsto in geekhack started a group buy but I think they're not in stock right now.

IloveYou

14 Mar 2011, 00:04

the arrows look nice :D

duq

14 Mar 2011, 00:19

Congrats on your purchase!

First, blue cherry's are indeed a great switch and am glad you are able to experience them. They are definitely a joyous feeling when typing and gaming in my opinion and although much different than my 87U they are equally satisfying for some reason.

Secondly, your design choices are great, the Leopold caps are a great upgrade and the engraved arrow keys look very fitting in the overall look.

Now that you've tried the blues for a while how do they compare in your opinion to those that you have tried already?

crowstar

16 Mar 2011, 17:35

Is it worth trying the mx blues if i already have a buckling spring board? Is mx brown or black a better choice?

xbb

16 Mar 2011, 20:56

crowstar wrote:Is it worth trying the mx blues if i already have a buckling spring board? Is mx brown or black a better choice?
worth trying them all :D

CephalicCarnage

16 Mar 2011, 23:54

Those engraved keys look great!

javifast

17 Mar 2011, 10:24

Very good keyboard Guille...I have a otaku blue version, but I'm thinking sell it to buy a 88 keys model...

Return to “Gallery”