Chicago Meetup 2012

Trent

20 Aug 2012, 00:14

Hey all. I just wanted to post some of the great photos that were taken at our meetup yesterday in Chicago!

Link to DanGWang's Album:http://imgur.com/a/n0dca

Some cool items:
* i3oilermaker's kitted out Rosewill now nicknamed by me as "$$$"
* My MakeyMakey (http://www.makeymakey.com/) came in the mail the morning of the meet up, so luckily I got to bring it to the meeting
* DanGWanG's intense lubricated board (don't know the details if it but it is something I now want...)
* SmallFry's dye subbed 122key IBM
* jcrouse's cherry battlestation
* tipo33's ISO AEKII with Russian layout
* Two MrInterface switch try bags
* and many others!

It was fun, and I have no doubt that we will be hosting another one within the months to come!

litster

20 Aug 2012, 00:24

No people pictures?

Trent

20 Aug 2012, 01:05

litster wrote:No people pictures?

:lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Aug 2012, 01:16

Spoiler:

Trent

20 Aug 2012, 03:42

Hey hey be nice now webwit. :twisted:

I was fine with it but the group as a whole wasn't interested, and I can't say that I blame em. I don't remember what group meeting it was but they took a picture of themselves and then whited out their faces. We figured that was worse than just not including a picture. Besides, I think we had more keyboards than any other meets I've seen. :lol: -- GHites were happy we brought some vintage boards and it was cool to see more modern boards as I only own a KBT Race.

agor

20 Aug 2012, 09:38

I guess Dan's KMAC was the most popular? :D

Icarium

20 Aug 2012, 10:55

Sweet. :)

SmallFry

20 Aug 2012, 18:55

There's my legs on the right! LOL!

DanGWanG

20 Aug 2012, 19:52

agor wrote:I guess Dan's KMAC was the most popular? :D
Actually, i was surprised. A lot of these Chicago guys love Vintage =) I'd say the vintage boards were the flavor that day :lol:

jcrouse

21 Aug 2012, 00:26

DanGWanG wrote:I'd say the vintage boards were the flavor that day :lol:
The flavor of the day for me was the orange chicken.

I also agree, the vintage stuff got a lot of conversation.

Trent

21 Aug 2012, 00:45

Thinking about what we ate makes me want to go order in some Chinese food, damn you jcrouse now I'm gonna end up paying for delivery.

jcrouse

21 Aug 2012, 00:54

Trent wrote:Thinking about what we ate makes me want to go order in some Chinese food, damn you jcrouse now I'm gonna end up paying for delivery.
Trad'em a kbd.

GH1391401

21 Aug 2012, 05:13

Man if I was near Chicago and wasn't antisocial would have so gone to that thing

tipo33

21 Aug 2012, 10:57

Vintage was definatly the flavour of the day, however the few modern keyboards there did convince me to maybe get one or two modern boards for the next get-together. :D

andrewjoy

21 Aug 2012, 12:27

I would love to see someone face who did not know anything about this meet up when they walked in there.

That amazing moment when you can see the phrase " what the F***" in there eyes

tipo33

21 Aug 2012, 13:17

There was actually, at one point a guy walked in and very politely inquired as to why there was a LOT of keyboards.

cactux

21 Aug 2012, 13:50

[Account and posts deleted on request]

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

21 Aug 2012, 18:37

I still remember the waitresses at the MN GH meetup. I was pouring out a bag of DS when one of them came over and said "Oh, are you guys playing a game?". To which I replied "Yeah, it's called making money.".

andrewjoy

21 Aug 2012, 20:17

LOL :)

Trent

22 Aug 2012, 07:07

cactux wrote:For sure he thought bunch of freaks :-D
Yeah I saw the bro-twinkle in his eye that hinted "WTF ARE THESE GUYS DOING"

Elrick

02 Sep 2012, 03:15

The_Ed wrote:I still remember the waitresses at the MN GH meetup. I was pouring out a bag of DS when one of them came over and said "Oh, are you guys playing a game?".
To all other NORMAL people out there it's seems quite bizarre that we (keyboard lovers) spend so much time and money on our acquisitions compared to what most people spend their hard-earned cash on.

But that's like convincing a Meth-head to sober up. Quite useless really, because I'm always looking for that next fix......

Return to “Gallery”