GMK Doubleshots

DanGWanG

09 Feb 2013, 01:16

I bought some GMK doubleshots. Thought I'd share =)

Black on White (only a tad off-white). The F and J scoops actually have a little nub on it too. Best of both worlds I'd say!

RGB in B-Profile from Originative

And on the Red KMAC

Reposted from my blog: http://dangwang.wordpress.com/2013/02/0 ... and-kmacs/

IvanIvanovich

09 Feb 2013, 01:23

Nubs on scoops? What is this blasphemy? How about a photo of RGB PBT vs ABS direct next to each other? I think the ABS colors is too dark and am curious.

DanGWanG

09 Feb 2013, 01:27

It's true, nubs on scoops :) I like it personally! It's a good innovation in my mind anyway, lol.

I'll take some photos of the ABS vs PBT RGB. Obvious differences are the profiles between A and B. Some other things that come to mind off the top of my head, the blue is definitely darker but the Red and Green are pretty on par. My white balancing is still bad so the green looks darker in my photos than they really are.

jcrouse

09 Feb 2013, 01:32

On your black on white GMK set is the spacebar taller than the rest of the bottom row by about 1/16"? Mine is, same contour, just a little taller.

John

dirge

09 Feb 2013, 09:14

Annoyed to see the bottom row isn't the higher profile :(

Gilgam

09 Feb 2013, 09:52

Nice shots and caps.
That originative site is still under maintenance...

You've got an impressive collection of korean keyboards :shock:

Half-Saint

09 Feb 2013, 10:42

OK now tell us, how much did all of that cost?

Grond

09 Feb 2013, 10:52

I'd really like a GMK RGB kit! Hope someone starts a GB for that!

Ovoxo

09 Feb 2013, 11:02

Looking good Dan! I'm not a fan of the print & pause keys. Such a shame.

Daniel

09 Feb 2013, 15:43

Half-Saint wrote:OK now tell us, how much did all of that cost?
I think the RGB-Kits are offered for 35$ and the 104 keysets are offered for 95$
At least this were the prices when I visited the site the last time (I only did once, as the site seems down most of the time)

Daniel

09 Feb 2013, 15:47

I think the RGB-Kits are offered for 35$ and the 104 keysets are offered for 95$
At least this were the prices when I visited the site the last time (I only did once, as the site seems down most of the time)

@Dang
Have all the function keys windows by default?

EDIT: Oh man, how did I do this? :oops: Could someone please delete the unnecessary posts?
edit / done :)

DanGWanG

09 Feb 2013, 20:13

The full set was about $100-120 shipped from EU by a seller named kboardvintage on GH and the RGB was $35.

DanGWanG

09 Feb 2013, 20:15

Daniel wrote:

@Dang

EDIT: Oh man, how did I do this? :oops: Could someone please delete the unnecessary posts?
The windowed function keys were thrown into the package but they did not come by default. But I havent installed any LEDs yet in my KMAC 1.2.

CeeSA

10 Feb 2013, 14:10

How is the quality compared to SP? The pics look good. But maybe you could say something about it.

IvanIvanovich

10 Feb 2013, 17:51

I had a set from GMK made WEY EK2000 same set basically and also the Skidata, they are identical quality to Cherry. It's the exact same.

Grond

10 Feb 2013, 18:08

Daniel wrote:I think the RGB-Kits are offered for 35$ and the 104 keysets are offered for 95$
I visited the website but couldn't find the section with prices.

RiGS

10 Feb 2013, 20:39

He can't accept orders atm as he has paypal issues.

DanGWanG

11 Feb 2013, 03:59

DanGWanG wrote:
Daniel wrote:

@Dang

The windowed function keys were thrown into the package but they did not come by default. But I havent installed any LEDs yet in my KMAC 1.2.
As lysol mentioned above, the GMK stuff is nearly identical in almost all aspects to original Cherry. I'm convinced that once the GMK process is streamlined, these will be the only keycaps I buy going forward.

Gilgam

11 Feb 2013, 23:34

DanGWanG wrote:
As lysol mentioned above, the GMK stuff is nearly identical in almost all aspects to original Cherry. I'm convinced that once the GMK process is streamlined, these will be the only keycaps I buy going forward.
High quality indeed but according to the MOQ, and the price for new legends it will be very expensive...

Return to “Gallery”