Custom Keyboardbag

KennyR

13 Feb 2013, 11:04

Just wanted to share this piece of craftmanship with you lovely folk.
It's a custom keyboardbag, perfect fit for a Filco TKL!

I needed a nice keyboardbag for my internship, as I will be taking my Filco with me to work and take it back home with me everyday.
I will carry the keyboard in my backpack, and as there will be other stuff in it, it needed some more protection.

I went to a second hand store and bought an €8 leather pants. I'm lucky to have a friend who is a fashion designer, so he can handle a sewing machine and made me the bag out of the pants for free.

In my opinion, he did an awesome job! The bag looks great and fits perfectly, just what I needed to carry my precious little Filco around!

Here are some more pictures:

Half-Saint

13 Feb 2013, 11:38

It would be a nice touch, if the lid flap was suede ;)

Nask

13 Feb 2013, 16:08

It's a very nice bag, I just think it wouldn't be too much to add something a bit thicker for the bottom, to absorb shocks.
But I insist I really like that bag.

Another great way to bring this world to women. Lovely tenkeyless keyboard with a fashion bag :)

KennyR

13 Feb 2013, 17:13

Nask wrote:I just think it wouldn't be too much to add something a bit thicker for the bottom, to absorb shocks.
I was thinking of that to, but as it is made for the purpose of an extra protective layer in my backpack, and it's always gonna rest on it's side inside the backpack, I decided not to put something more robust in it.

ps: thank you for the nice comments!

Gilgam

17 Feb 2013, 23:10

I lije your bag. I plan to do the same (or harass my wife to make me one :-) )

Return to “Gallery”