Phoneboard+

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Apr 2011, 21:01

Got this already a while ago. This is the newer version of the Phoneboard. The old phoneboard used Mx Blacks and had no windows keys. The new one uses MX Clears and has windows keys. It also has a pretty nice LCD display to be used with the phone. When in phone mode, you can dial numbers on the numpad.

Interesting facts to mention are that one of the LED keycaps is engraved instead of pad printed. I suppose Cherry put some thought into it after most of the common keys to answer a call on the old phoneboard ended up blank :D

runeazn

19 Apr 2011, 21:12

wait clears double shots and phone function O_O@@@

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Apr 2011, 21:42

It looks so... so awfully modern. I do prefer the old one with beige/grey keypcaps.
(OK, I just envy you for it ;-) )

Are the additional symbols on the arrow keys new to the new version?
And where is the volume control now? I cannot see the small symbols on the case.

mass

21 Apr 2011, 03:17

doubleshot windows keycaps!!! :o
want one!!! :D

Ascaii
The Beard

23 Apr 2011, 19:44

mass wrote:doubleshot windows keycaps!!! :o
want one!!! :D
i have one. And no, you cant have it its on my new daily driver.

keyboardlover

23 Apr 2011, 20:15

Nice, lovin' this one!

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 02:29

What's the P/N of this keyboard ? Has a wiki page been added for it ?

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

01 Aug 2017, 02:46

Myoth wrote: What's the P/N of this keyboard ? Has a wiki page been added for it ?
awesome necro my dude

taylorswiftttttt

01 Aug 2017, 02:49

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 12:50

mike52787 wrote:
Myoth wrote: What's the P/N of this keyboard ? Has a wiki page been added for it ?
awesome necro my dude
what's a necro ?

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 12:51

taylorswiftttttt wrote:
OP's last post here was in 2014 so I doubt he's gonna respond

we never know .... also, what happened to him ? did he just quit ?

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Aug 2017, 13:07

Myoth wrote:
mike52787 wrote:
awesome necro my dude
what's a necro ?
A necro is when you revive a post that is long dead.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Aug 2017, 13:10

Honestly, our wiki is in need of so much help that I would assume "yes" for photo permissions with photos already posted to the forum until someone complains. I could see the need for asking someone from the general Web for using their photos. Generally, if someone has already posted an image to the keyboard forum, they'll be okay with using it on the keyboard wiki, with attribution. 8-)

I'll make that clear for myself for future reference. Any image I post to this forum, others may use for the wiki.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Aug 2017, 13:14

Myoth wrote:
mike52787 wrote:
awesome necro my dude
what's a necro ?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =necropost

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 14:53

XMIT wrote:
Honestly, our wiki is in need of so much help that I would assume "yes" for photo permissions with photos already posted to the forum until someone complains. I could see the need for asking someone from the general Web for using their photos. Generally, if someone has already posted an image to the keyboard forum, they'll be okay with using it on the keyboard wiki, with attribution. 8-)

I'll make that clear for myself for future reference. Any image I post to this forum, others may use for the wiki.

Nice ! thanks XMIT :)

Myoth

01 Aug 2017, 14:55

Oh... I see, but is it bad or good ? or none of them ? I mean what do people think about those ?

Engicoder

01 Aug 2017, 15:15

It depends on the purpose of your reply. If the reply says "me too", does not add meaningful information, or could have replaced with a private message, I think it's "bad". If you are adding relevant new information or addressing an unanswered question it's a good thing.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Aug 2017, 15:21

Myoth wrote:
Oh... I see, but is it bad or good ? or none of them ? I mean what do people think about those ?
Neither if you ask me. Possibly slighty impractical to get back "into" an really old thread but I don't see a problem. Happens all the time here. Often the OP isn't even active at DT anymore like in this case.

Return to “Gallery”