New Poker

GeorgeStorm

26 Apr 2013, 12:07

Hey,
Thought I'd share some pictures (and thoughts) about my recent change to my poker.

What my poker looked like a couple of days ago:
Pre-alu poker by George.Yoda, on Flickr

I bought a plated poker with ergo clears, and then also an alu pure case for it:
Alu case empty by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The plated board with ergo clears (in the stock case):
Plated poker with clears by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Part way through changing stuff around:
Mid transfer by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The low profile Pure case compared to the stock poker:
Case comparison by George.Yoda, on Flickr

The finished product:
Alu plated poker by George.Yoda, on Flickr

Whilst I love the look of it, I'm still not 100% sold on the ergo clears :/
My other poker has black switches, and so I think I might need to put heavier springs with the clear stems to get what I want. I just fancied a change, and thought something with a bit of tactile feedback/audible click would be nice, I tended to find browns not have enough feedback, and were a little too light for me, I would have gone for greens but I was offered the already plated board with ergo clears I couldn't really refuse.

Once I find out what screws I need I'll be putting my other poker together, just in the stock case, and I've got some spare brown switches, so I might have a go at switching springs/stems to see if I find a combo I really love. Obviously I've only had this board for a couple of days, and so I need to give it more time before I judge properly, the sound and feel of the board itself is lovely though, so weighty! :D

Feel free to ask any questions :)

Jmneuv

26 Apr 2013, 12:39

Is there sure enough clearance to those fins in the pure case? They look like they could touch with a little flexing.
And the obvious question: where did you source the pure case?

Flushness so nice.

GeorgeStorm

26 Apr 2013, 13:01

Jmneuv wrote:Is there sure enough clearance to those fins in the pure case? They look like they could touch with a little flexing.
And the obvious question: where did you source the pure case?

Flushness so nice.
Well, nothing has broken so far so I assume so :p
The fins seem to line up where no contacts are etc, so I don't think it would be a problem in any case.
I'm tempted to get a sheet of non conductive material, maybe rubber or something in there just in case, although not sure what that will do to the feel/acoustic of the case.

I got it from someone looking to sell on GH, I got very lucky actually, the day/day after I posted wanting one someone said they were thinking of selling.

wupi

03 May 2013, 20:01

Looks very nice. :)

Return to “Gallery”