Post your keyboard/keycaps!

inozenz

22 Jan 2022, 18:19

AnnoyedWalrus wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 17:43
Please forgive a newbie but what is that... thing? I dont know why but I kinda like it!
those are one of my babys, they are the best youll ever have! for a chance to get one keep an eye for my announcement in fabruary.

schwi

22 Jan 2022, 20:21

AnnoyedWalrus wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 17:43
Please forgive a newbie but what is that... thing? I dont know why but I kinda like it!
datalux space saver!

edit: (oops, it looks like there's been a few responses since i got up from my desk and came back)

ITX-Fan

22 Jan 2022, 20:52

I thought I'd show my last build project, the Big Switch keyboard.

-
Big Switch keyboard (1).JPG
Big Switch keyboard (1).JPG (707.08 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
Big Switch keyboard (2).JPG
Big Switch keyboard (2).JPG (973.98 KiB) Viewed 8598 times
-

Main switch: NovelKeys Big Switch Series Dark Yellow (works as enter-key)
Additional switches: 3 pcs Cherry MX Low Profile RGB Red (media- / RGB-control)
PCB: YMDK YMD09, desoldered hot-swap-sockets, VIA-flashed
Case: Thingiverse 3305532, yellow PLA with 30% infill
Cable: CoolCable 550 ultra neon yellow

Clickerclack

23 Jan 2022, 12:48

Does all four switches work like normal? Such an insane idea, but creative nonetheless :P

AnnoyedWalrus

26 Jan 2022, 19:40

jsheradin wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 17:52
I have an NIB one with MEI switches. It's super cute and well built but it's a phenomenally bad typing experience. The caps aren't standard spacing and the switches feel almost non-Newtonian. It's also the only board I've come across that has a 2U tall enter key.
Yeah, it was the enter key that really caught my eye, I like the shape!
Muirium wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 18:15
Chyros loves it!
I wish he would just say it straight out if he liked it or if he didnt! :lol:
inozenz wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 18:19
those are one of my babys, they are the best youll ever have! for a chance to get one keep an eye for my announcement in fabruary.
Looking forward to it!
schwi wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 20:21
datalux space saver!
edit: (oops, it looks like there's been a few responses since i got up from my desk and came back)
It is not easy to be on a helpful forum. :)

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

30 Jan 2022, 07:27

caps go on, caps come off...

Muirium
µ

30 Jan 2022, 09:33

But space bar remains the same. ;)

Nice animation. I’m minded to make an animated gif version of my latest matrix analysis, as I have so many layers in the file, giving it an X-ray tear down feel. Got tips?

oofers

30 Jan 2022, 18:31

Muirium wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 18:15
Chyros loves it!
All the images from the top make it look relatively short when it's almost as tall as his fist, lol.

snacksthecat
✶✶✶✶

30 Jan 2022, 21:41

Muirium wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 09:33
But space bar remains the same. ;)

Nice animation. I’m minded to make an animated gif version of my latest matrix analysis, as I have so many layers in the file, giving it an X-ray tear down feel. Got tips?
Thanks Mu! This I did with my camera's interval timer. I wanted the panning motion to go smooth/slow, so I set it to take 8 photos, then would put on a cap and take another set of 8 photos. In the end I ran the photos through LRTimelapse to make the exposure consistent across photos and reduce flicker from the TV show I was watching :lol:

ITX-Fan

01 Feb 2022, 06:42

Clickerclack wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 12:48
Does all four switches work like normal? Such an insane idea, but creative nonetheless :P
Yes, all four can be used for whatever you think. But it's not my smallest "keyboard", the PLIP.works D1P doesn't take up that much space.
PLIP.works_D1P.jpg
PLIP.works_D1P.jpg (188.77 KiB) Viewed 8128 times

Madhias
BS TORPE

01 Feb 2022, 12:27

Posting again here! Also because of this keyboard, I really use that one since soo long, my daily driver, gets cleaned once a year, now with new keycaps:

Muirium
µ

01 Feb 2022, 12:42

Cleaned? Are you eating near your keyboard again? :evilgeek:

My HHKB's been in near constant use since at least 2018. Still looks like this:

For 60% lovers like us, they really don't come any better!

Madhias
BS TORPE

01 Feb 2022, 16:06

Uh ah busted! Yes, I do it next to it, but I do wash my hands often, even before Covid. But with these PBT caps, no problem, they stay fresh and grippy all the time. Isn't it the best 60% layout? I would never have imagined to use it that long!

Nice, you have there Bluetooth connectivity? I also have the blue / red ESC and control caps, and ordered now this blue / green set, directly form Japan (a typical after-3-glasses-of-whine-order). Sometimes I'll get a new BT model. I heard they are better than the Pro 2s.

oofers

01 Feb 2022, 16:40

For me, it's mostly hair that ends up in my keyboard since it's getting quite long and I also have a cat. Annoying to get out from under the keys especially.

Muirium
µ

01 Feb 2022, 16:51

Madhias wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 16:06
Nice, you have there Bluetooth connectivity? I also have the blue / red ESC and control caps, and ordered now this blue / green set, directly form Japan (a typical after-3-glasses-of-whine-order). Sometimes I'll get a new BT model. I heard they are better than the Pro 2s.
Yes, mine is a Pro 2 Type S, modded with Hasu's Bluetooth controller and an internal battery. Charges over the USB mini port! Love it! Especially the deep programmability. I have nutty things like a mouse key layer for those times I just need to click… that one thing… right there…

PFU's own native Bluetooth model has a nasty battery bump on the back, where you must install AAs. Almost everyone tries to hide that feature from the product shots:

Far as I gather, the only other improvement (of any importance to me) is they upgraded from ABS spacebar to PBT. Might be misremembering, but I think that's the case. My HHKB has a Matteo PBT spacebar anyway, and I have a few spares, including in black. (That's one of the many reasons this is so tempting.)

wobbled

01 Feb 2022, 21:30

Muirium wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 12:42
Cleaned? Are you eating near your keyboard again? :evilgeek:

My HHKB's been in near constant use since at least 2018. Still looks like this:

For 60% lovers like us, they really don't come any better!
Now this is exactly why I have multiple to rotate, each take longer to get gross!
I've beaten the system the expensive but effective way.
20220201_202824.jpg
20220201_202824.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 7966 times
HHKB truly is the way to go!

Muirium
µ

01 Feb 2022, 22:06

Guess that also applies to key-shine. I’ve gotten my HHKB originals nice and pearly through epic wear. (I type a lot. Who knew!?) I don’t mind, consider it patina really: well earned mileage on the board. But I’d have ruined the ABS spacebar by now. Thank Matteo for his PBT!

How are your ABS caps doing, if any of those are ABS? I shine that stuff real quick, like.

Madhias
BS TORPE

01 Feb 2022, 23:02

wobbled wrote:
Yes, and ah uh ... and currently typing at home on my Cherry MX 1800 keyboard with red switches :) How is the old one in the bottom left?

I have only one HHKB, and also need sometimes a seconed one. But I do want another model than the Pro 2, just because to switch to another model from time to time. I read that the new Classic ones are great and a little improvement.
Muirium wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 16:51
PFU's own native Bluetooth model has a nasty battery bump on the back, where you must install AAs.
Actually I like the battery pack in the back of the Hybrid models with its AA batteries, of course not a fan of the design itself, but AA batteries sounds for me perfect. Like a JPG or Diesel or standard USB port, if you know what I am thinking of, just function over form or so.

wobbled

02 Feb 2022, 00:14

Madhias wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 23:02
wobbled wrote:
Yes, and ah uh ... and currently typing at home on my Cherry MX 1800 keyboard with red switches :) How is the old one in the bottom left?

I have only one HHKB, and also need sometimes a seconed one. But I do want another model than the Pro 2, just because to switch to another model from time to time. I read that the new Classic ones are great and a little improvement.
The one on the bottom left is from June 1999, and it uses Fujitsu dome w/ slider instead of Topre. (I still like it a lot)

The classic & hybrid models seem to be lubed from factory and the spacebar sound alone is infinitely better. I believe the spacebars are now PBT as well.

Muirium
µ

16 Feb 2022, 11:15

There's something funny about my piano today. Guess it finally had to happen…

IMG_3676.jpg
IMG_3676.jpg (229.75 KiB) Viewed 7492 times
I finally get Kbdfr's point about 60% being a touch too small. You can only fit a single octave on this!

IMG_3680.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg (238.79 KiB) Viewed 7492 times
The piano's got six more of them. Full-size, evidently!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Feb 2022, 13:00

Doesn't the keyboard cover 2 octaves here?
Anyway, this gave me an idea how to modernize my autoharp, while I don't quite see how my guitar… :lol: .

Palatino

16 Feb 2022, 14:24

Nice one, Hackmaninov.

TNT

17 Feb 2022, 10:49

Hack as in "Hack-Fraud"? :D How about a video of you putting that FP30 to use, µ?

Muirium
µ

17 Feb 2022, 11:24

As in Hack pianist! I'm more of a synth sequencer with it really, and tend towards "rhythm piano" rather than sweet melodies. Never played piano before I got it in 2016. In the meantime, a friend's young son has gone from nothing to so good he's likely to get a scholarship to a music school. There's much to be said for learning at the right time!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Feb 2022, 11:31

Muirium wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 11:24
As in Hack pianist! I'm more of a synth sequencer with it really, and tend towards "rhythm piano" rather than sweet melodies. Never played piano before I got it in 2016. In the meantime, a friend's young son has gone from nothing to so good he's likely to get a scholarship to a music school. There's much to be said for learning at the right time!
There’s a real strong analogy to what many call "typing" as compared to… "typing" :lol:

Muirium
µ

17 Feb 2022, 11:41

James's teacher has him practice playing with a coin balanced on each hand. Drop it and start again from the top! Very Russian! I could have used some of that if I'd learned piano as a child. But I'm glad I learned typing my own way, as too much rigour seems to bring RSI from what I can tell. All that reaching with fingers instead of reaching with arms. Never a twinge of it, myself. And it's not like I struggle to get the words down. :P

sefixmm

18 Feb 2022, 15:00

Madhias wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 12:27
Posting again here! Also because of this keyboard, I really use that one since soo long, my daily driver, gets cleaned once a year, now with new keycaps:
Very nice :)

wobbled

18 Feb 2022, 18:06

So when are we changing the name of this thread to 'HHKB circle jerk'?
20211202_230941.jpg
20211202_230941.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 6999 times
PS if anyone has a Pro 1 in white (already got a black) then I'll offer both Cold hard paypal cash and my soul. Thanks.

paperWasp

18 Feb 2022, 18:31

Perixx PERIBOARD-413 B

It's a rubber dome thing - feeling that medium-weighted whisper quiet mushiness under my fingers is actually a refreshing change. Not great for fast typing but quite acceptable. Got it yesterday and won't be my daily driver. The layout is interesting - I like the shared F keys, switchable via Fn lock providing everything one needs.
Modifying it to a mechanical keyboard might be a difficult task because of special widths of some keys.
periboard413B.jpg
periboard413B.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 6988 times

inozenz

18 Feb 2022, 22:16

paperWasp wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 18:31
Perixx PERIBOARD-413 B

It's a rubber dome thing - feeling that medium-weighted whisper quiet mushiness under my fingers is actually a refreshing change. Not great for fast typing but quite acceptable. Got it yesterday and won't be my daily driver. The layout is interesting - I like the shared F keys, switchable via Fn lock providing everything one needs.
Modifying it to a mechanical keyboard might be a difficult task because of special widths of some keys.

periboard413B.jpg
holy mother smokes that looks badass!!!!

Return to “Gallery”