The Tiproman

05 Jun 2014, 07:50

madhias wrote:What do we have here?
[pic]
Obviously a Cherry phoneboard.

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Jun 2014, 07:57

It was not that hard to solve i have to admit...

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Jun 2014, 21:46

Datacomp DFK192 AGRF01 keyboard & it's caps, not really clean.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

16 Jun 2014, 13:02

Just got these :D

Daniel

16 Jun 2014, 22:14

CM QFR TaiHao WoB
CM QFR TaiHao WoB
DSCF2322.JPG (92.96 KiB) Viewed 11184 times
CM QFR TaiHao WoB
CM QFR TaiHao WoB
DSCF2323.JPG (105.1 KiB) Viewed 11184 times
DK9087S Imso Dyesubs
DK9087S Imso Dyesubs
DSCF2462.JPG (245.82 KiB) Viewed 11184 times

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2014, 22:37

The Imsto's are pretty nice. Do they make any on a lighter background colour?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

16 Jun 2014, 22:43

Yup, Imsto usually run these key sets on white PBT keys. It's the same keys that IvanIvanovich runs his dye sub group buys on, which is also through Imsto, but we decide the legends.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

16 Jun 2014, 22:48

Broadmonkey wrote:Just got these :D
Very nice. Where are those ESC keys from?

Daniel

16 Jun 2014, 22:56

They were offered in the gb thread, as feng posted some pictures of them (they originally were for an other forum).

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=544 ... msg1350661

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

16 Jun 2014, 22:58

From Feng. He had a group buy over at GH in his vendor sub forum: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54442.0

The orange Esc was free with every RGBY set. The blue was something we could buy extra (it was actually for the Chinese community, like the orange was for GH). There was also a lime green Esc, but I already got one of those from the first GMK gb.

He mentioned he would sell extra RBGY sets as well as a pack with one of each Esc key. I guess that will be through his official store (geekkeys.com), but try and shoot him a PM.

ShawnMeg

17 Jun 2014, 08:05

[quote="Dubsgalore"]I'll post mine :lol:

(daily driver) KMAC Winkeyless

This is the most gorgeous keyboard I've seen. I'm very jealous.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Jun 2014, 23:07

yes my friends, I also have a few "new school" keyboards, but NOTHING matches my love for these two...

the heavy build quality...the feel of the switches...the sound...for me THE best keyboard experience yet. :P
Attachments
IBM Model F XT / IBM Model F AT
IBM Model F XT / IBM Model F AT
IMG_20140616_150244.jpg (292.23 KiB) Viewed 11097 times

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 00:30

I've got to agree! Model Fs are superb. And beastly. So very beastly!

If your ears aren't ringing: work harder!

Madhias
BS TORPE

19 Jun 2014, 08:37

I really have to find a Model F sometimes! Thinking of how much i fell in love with my SSK i have to try other IBM models too. So my radar changed a little bit to IBM instead of Cherry, but maybe that's just temporary.

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 10:51

If you like clicky keyboards, your migration to IBM is anything but temporary. Welcome to the original, and unbeaten.

ShawnMeg

20 Jun 2014, 23:52

seebart wrote:yes my friends, I also have a few "new school" keyboards, but NOTHING matches my love for these two...

the heavy build quality...the feel of the switches...the sound...for me THE best keyboard experience yet. :P
I'm drooling over these. If only some company (maybe Unicomp) can remanufacture these with some modern touches (elegant colored backlighting, smaller footprint, more aesthetically pleasing case and color, hotkeys), I'd be first in line. Fat chance.

Muirium
µ

21 Jun 2014, 00:10

I agree with all that, including the fat chance. But backlighting is an awkward thing to achieve with buckling spring. The geometry is all wrong.

Although this guy came up with a way to do it (somewhere in this lengthy thread of his ideas):

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/a-p ... t6977.html

And, apparently, Unicomp is in fact working with him!

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/uni ... t7739.html

Fingers crossed, eh?

Dubsgalore

21 Jun 2014, 04:13

ShawnMeg wrote:This is the most gorgeous keyboard I've seen. I'm very jealous.
Thanks, I deeply miss it

I do have to say, had I not traded it, I wouldn't be typing on my SSK right now, which I love so much :D

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

09 Jul 2014, 12:09

My Hammer resin Hellboy
Hellboy.JPG
Hellboy.JPG (535.6 KiB) Viewed 10829 times

dustinhxc

10 Jul 2014, 08:48

madhias wrote: What do we have here?

Those look really nice! What board are they from?

plasticchair

10 Jul 2014, 11:03

seebart

16 Jul 2014, 10:10

IBM Model M 1390133 from 1987. It´s in pretty good shape overall. My second Model M, the other one being a blue label from 1993. The differnces to the 1993 seem minimal at first, this one does seem slighty heavier in build quality. This one came with a black spiral cable with DIN connector. The physical attributes of the Model M still make it my favority "daily typer", but the switch cannot compete with Model F.

I know this is all old stuff here, but I´m just enjoying this keyboard.
Attachments
IMGP6445.JPG
IMGP6445.JPG (89.16 KiB) Viewed 10675 times
IMGP6454.JPG
IMGP6454.JPG (114.42 KiB) Viewed 10675 times

Muirium
µ

16 Jul 2014, 16:55

Oddly enough, my only blue label Model M is my SSK, and it's got a nice feel to it. A bit nicer than my kinda-sorta-NIB white label full size Model M. So it's not just a matter of use, or age. The SSK's a bit of a frankenboard with a mix of one and two piece caps, but it's nice and tight in a way I like a lot in Model Ms.

But my Kishsaver gets all the love these days!

Hypersphere

16 Jul 2014, 19:43

Muirium wrote: Oddly enough, my only blue label Model M is my SSK, and it's got a nice feel to it. A bit nicer than my kinda-sorta-NIB white label full size Model M. So it's not just a matter of use, or age. The SSK's a bit of a frankenboard with a mix of one and two piece caps, but it's nice and tight in a way I like a lot in Model Ms.

But my Kishsaver gets all the love these days!
Did you say you have a Kishsaver? Ah, yes, now I do recall seeing some mention of it in one or two posts. ;)

HipsterPunks

18 Jul 2014, 09:19

I'm new here, i love keyboards and keycaps. Here is my fc660c,KBPV60, and PokerII.

Medowy

18 Jul 2014, 09:24

HipsterPunks wrote: Image
I'm new here, i love keyboards and keycaps. Here is my fc660c,KBPV60, and PokerII.
Welcome!

Really cool Poker you got there! Lovely!

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Jul 2014, 10:31

Welcome HipsterPunks! Nice artisan caps you have there. I like these ribbit frogs.
You could make sometimes a special Deskthority cap :)

seebart

18 Jul 2014, 10:34

wow nice,I like the fc660c, what are those clacks called?

I should pimp my poker 2, that would get me back "into" that keyboard.

HipsterPunks

18 Jul 2014, 11:07

seebart wrote: wow nice,I like the fc660c, what are those clacks called?

I should pimp my poker 2, that would get me back "into" that keyboard.
Thanks man! The skulls are a "depth black" and "stellar purple" real into black and dark topre skulls :)
madhias wrote: Welcome HipsterPunks! Nice artisan caps you have there. I like these ribbit frogs.
You could make sometimes a special Deskthority cap :)
Thanks! Love the ribbit :)

I noticed DT is real into vintage keyboards, ill take some shots of my model M w/ black mods and AT-F when i get home

seebart

18 Jul 2014, 11:54

I noticed DT is real into vintage keyboards,
I think we have a good mix here, quite a few tkl / sub / clack "freaks". DT is just not as big as GH, possibly a good thing.
my model M w/ black mods and AT-F
I can`t wait to see those. ;)

Return to “Gallery”