Post your keyboard/keycaps!

Grond

19 Apr 2014, 17:39

This pic is almost two years old but this is still my daily driver – except I now have a stepped capslock and I ditched the Menu key for a blank black one. I really wish we make a GMK RGB set someday.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

19 Apr 2014, 18:17

I remember seeing that F-row a long time ago and thought it looked great, it still does!
There is actually numerous GMK RGB sets, Originative had a set with white legends and one with black. Feng over at GH very recently ran a GB for a set with white legends. I am eagerly awaiting to receive it.

Edit: Does it contain a Phantom since you where able to use a stepped Caps Lock?

rindorbrot

19 Apr 2014, 18:32

I also remember that F-row of Grond...
I still need to do something similar to the relegendables on my board. But I don't find any nice symbols and colormatching to the Skidatas is not that easy.

Anyway, here's my daily driver, a Phantom.
Phantom_code.jpg
Phantom_code.jpg (353 KiB) Viewed 10963 times
sorry for the potato pic.

dustinhxc

19 Apr 2014, 20:13

bazh wrote:
dustinhxc wrote:
bazh wrote:My 38GT :mrgreen:
image.jpg
Very nice! Can I see some more shots? :)
I have that full picture here :D

Sexy! I love GON 60%s :)

Grond

19 Apr 2014, 21:11

I remember seeing that F-row a long time ago and thought it looked great, it still does!
Thanks! :)
There is actually numerous GMK RGB sets, Originative had a set with white legends and one with black. Feng over at GH very recently ran a GB for a set with white legends. I am eagerly awaiting to receive it.
I must have missed them! I'll take a look on GH, maybe I can get some leftover.
Edit: Does it contain a Phantom since you where able to use a stepped Caps Lock?
I wish it did, but it's just a plain Filco. The center-stemmed stepped Caps Lock was made by Signature Plastics, I think I got it from Originative.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Apr 2014, 01:26

I am pretty sure Feng will have a lot for sale when he gets the order, try shoot him a PM to maybe reserve a set.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Apr 2014, 08:30

Dirty potato pic of my dirty working environment as of today:
Attachments
14-04-20 KB.jpg
14-04-20 KB.jpg (226.91 KiB) Viewed 10890 times

Muirium
µ

20 Apr 2014, 10:52

One day, the Tipro Man is going to flip, and scare his colleages with a tiny HHKB instead!

tinnie

20 Apr 2014, 11:15

The bigger, the better!

photekq
Cherry Picker

20 Apr 2014, 11:30

kbdfr, I think that's the most functional setup I've ever seen!

mr_a500

20 Apr 2014, 16:05

kbdfr wrote:Dirty potato pic of my dirty working environment as of today:
That looks like the space saving version of this:

kakarlsen

20 Apr 2014, 19:23

Broadmonkey wrote:We need a thread like this!

Now to kick it off:
I had to try and see what I could use a green spacebar for.
What caps are the alphas? (Can never get enough ÆØÅ)

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Apr 2014, 20:38

They are from a NOS G81-3000 HKNNO which tinnie ran a GB for some time ago. The rest of the caps is from a minicom.

Dubsgalore

20 Apr 2014, 20:39

BroadMonkey, I really like the photo in the OP, love those Alphas
Dang, that's sick!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Apr 2014, 20:43

Thanks, Dubs!
Does every key actually has a function and is it one keyboard or 3 set together? In any case, it is kinda soothing to look at!

rzwv

20 Apr 2014, 23:46

DSC_4249.jpg
DSC_4249.jpg (538.54 KiB) Viewed 10727 times
DSC_4250.jpg
DSC_4250.jpg (543.27 KiB) Viewed 10727 times
The 1st step, Cherry MX Red. The 2nd step, Cherry MX Brown.
The 3rd step, Cherry MX Black. 4, and the 5th step, Cherry MX Blue.
Seemingly it is Cherry which can be easily used as it is unexpected.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Apr 2014, 23:56

That mousepad :o

scottc

20 Apr 2014, 23:58

rzwv wrote:The 1st step, Cherry MX Red. The 2nd step, Cherry MX Brown.
The 3rd step, Cherry MX Black. 4, and the 5th step, Cherry MX Blue.
Seemingly it is Cherry which can be easily used as it is unexpected.
Interesting. Why do you use all of these switches? Is it comfortable?

I like the plasters on your mousepad!

rzwv

21 Apr 2014, 17:50

scottc wrote:Interesting. Why do you use all of these switches? Is it comfortable?

I like the plasters on your mousepad!
It is not the thing which I exchanged and is a commercial item.
Since Cherry has only the load of a coil spring fundamentally, it can use comfortable. A click and tactile of Cherry are weak.

Century BLACK PAWN CHERRY4軸混合キーボード(CK-67CMB-4MJP1)
http://www.century.co.jp/products/pc/ke ... 4mjp1.html

scottc

21 Apr 2014, 17:56

Oh, that's very interesting. Thanks for the information. I'll have to try it out some time.

photekq
Cherry Picker

21 Apr 2014, 18:03

Broadmonkey wrote:They are from a NOS G81-3000 HKNNO which tinnie ran a GB for some time ago. The rest of the caps is from a minicom.
Oh man.. I think I need to get one of those minicoms. Your photo in the OP has made me fall in love with those alphas!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

21 Apr 2014, 18:18

Broadmonkey wrote:
Does every key actually has a function and is it one keyboard or 3 set together? In any case, it is kinda soothing to look at!
More or less every key has its own function, although not all are used at the moment (I often change things according to the kind of job I'm just doing). The assembly consists of a staggered Tipro unit with a 8x8 matrix unit on either side, and actually functions as a single keyboard, the units being internally connected.

While everybody seems to be eager to have as few keys as possible (apparently irrespective of what is supposed to be done with the keyboard), I am going the exact opposite way: I want as many keys as I have functions often needed, and I want some functions on both sides (cursor keys for example, Escape, Delete, Enter).

But well, my keyboard is a tool used for working, not just a decorative element.
This being said, I find it really beautiful :mrgreen:

snoopy

21 Apr 2014, 21:03

sixty
Gasbag Guru

22 Apr 2014, 16:53

snoopy wrote:Image
Do you still have the ANSI shifts of the GMK set? Do you have any use for them? :P I need some!

Btw, time is running guys..

:shock:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

22 Apr 2014, 17:14

photekq wrote:
Broadmonkey wrote:They are from a NOS G81-3000 HKNNO which tinnie ran a GB for some time ago. The rest of the caps is from a minicom.
Oh man.. I think I need to get one of those minicoms. Your photo in the OP has made me fall in love with those alphas!
They are indeed very nice. I initially bought them because I had no Nordic set, and the US Ansi set confused the hell out of me, so the minicom temporarily solved my problem until I could get a set of Nordic key caps. Now I just put them on occasionally because they look fantastic!

They should be fairly easy to get a hold of, just search Ebay for: ultratec minicom IV. I bought a more or less new unit and got the seller to ship just the key caps. The unit uses MX blacks btw.
(Credit goes to IvanIvanovic for telling me about it in the first place)

Medowy

24 Apr 2014, 20:43

Here's my Poker with Cherry doubleshots!
Spoiler:
And here's my HHKB. Nothing special. Just the regular PBT key caps and a red Escape.
Spoiler:
Both ladies in the same picture. Also a ladybug.
Spoiler:
Thank you for taking a look :)

Medowy

24 Apr 2014, 20:55

sixty wrote: Btw, time is running guys..

:shock:

Haha that case is too funny! :D

Eszett

24 Apr 2014, 23:16

Save the nature, good attitude. I myself am an animal-rights activist, but that doesn't imply I have to live with a taste for bad style :mrgreen:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

26 Apr 2014, 08:55

image.jpg
image.jpg (605.56 KiB) Viewed 10361 times
A dirty potato pic of my dear HHKB :D
It has also a nice story : I found it on eBay UK, alinh placed the bid from Belgium, Muirium was the proxy for UK ( thanks again :D ), it crossed Europe from west to east for 10 days and the mods are from Sweden :D

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2014, 12:50

Great little board. Here it was with my own sixtys:

It was originally imported from EK, so it's likely your HHKB went the long way around the world, from Japan to North America and then West and East Europe!

Return to “Gallery”