Post your keyboard/keycaps!

kekstee

02 Dec 2015, 20:07

So, it all started by ordering a couple of purple 67g Gaterons. And then I suddenly decided they should go with a purple plate and some backlight, which was both available pretty quickly.

The switch weight turned out nice. A lot snappier than ErgoClears, but far from the work required on stock Clear or Black. Very pronounced tactile bump.

Last thing left to do is lube the stabilizers and maybe try to silence the one on the spacebar some more, if that is not enough. Is there a recommendation for decent thick lube around which I can easily order from Germany? (i.e. probably not Krytox)

numerus

08 Dec 2015, 01:07

My Old Poker II ;)

Madhias
BS TORPE

13 Dec 2015, 16:53

Changing from the black caps to the normal ones. Actually I can't really type without legends, but I would love to learn it. But the black on white case theme is one of the nicest, and I could imagine using black caps on the Realforce too, but those black legends with almost invisible legends. Maybe I'll get a set sometimes, but where? Have to look!

The carton board boxes are so much better than the GMK attempt (have to make some on the plotter, reminder to myself):

The black caps are nice for other reasons though, to bring out artisan keycaps for example:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

13 Dec 2015, 17:05

Love that gorilla! Where do you buy these Madhias?

Madhias
BS TORPE

13 Dec 2015, 20:25

I got them from the https://ctrlalt.io store, all from Bro Caps. I do hope my son will like these in a few years, or he will think how boring I am...

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

13 Dec 2015, 21:49

The gorilla is very cool :) My wife loved it so much that now it sits on her board. It has such a trolling look.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

15 Dec 2015, 02:39

Not my keyboard, just some QWERTZ dye-sub:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

15 Dec 2015, 07:28

Beautiful photo, so nice caps, so wrong the layout, if it were at least AZERTY :evilgeek:

Madhias
BS TORPE

15 Dec 2015, 07:49

The alignment must have taken some time! The wooden background is really great.

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 Dec 2015, 16:50

I'll be taking more pictures soon, and of lots more new keyboards.. :evilgeek:

The G80-1000HAR..

Muirium
µ

15 Dec 2015, 16:52

Those Cyrillics… so bold! Almost too bold!

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 Dec 2015, 17:00

Muirium wrote: Those Cyrillics… so bold! Almost too bold!
They're Cherry font, therefore they're just right.. :ugeek:

scottc

15 Dec 2015, 17:02

Hmm, I should post my HASRO! We get little to no sunlight where I am right now, though, and my best camera is an iPhone for work...

Gotta love that Cherry font. Eternally classy.

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 Dec 2015, 17:03

scottc wrote: Hmm, I should post my HASRO! We get little to no sunlight where I am right now, though, and my best camera is an iPhone for work...
I know that feeling. I woke up at 3pm today and by that time all light was gone. I took that picture with light from my monitor.. :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Dec 2015, 18:02

Blame photekq who asked me to post pics of some of my keyboards.
Light source: 60W bulb :lol:
Cyrillics.jpg
Cyrillics.jpg (503.43 KiB) Viewed 6544 times

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 Dec 2015, 18:08

Success! The photo came out well. Two wonderful keyboards too, especially that SAR!

seebart

15 Dec 2015, 18:15

Interesting crop also kbdfr, Weihnachtsschnitt? :mrgreen:

scottc

15 Dec 2015, 18:44

photekq wrote:
scottc wrote: Hmm, I should post my HASRO! We get little to no sunlight where I am right now, though, and my best camera is an iPhone for work...
I know that feeling. I woke up at 3pm today and by that time all light was gone. I took that picture with light from my monitor.. :lol:
Yeah, I know what you mean... I'm just back from work trip to a timezone 9 hours away from here and all the light's gone at 4pm. What's worse is that I woke up at 10a,, fell back asleep at 11am and only woke back up at 2pm... I feel nocturnal, really. :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Dec 2015, 19:05

Siemens audiology keyboard.jpg
Siemens audiology keyboard.jpg (529.01 KiB) Viewed 6493 times

seebart

15 Dec 2015, 19:07

Oh jeah I remember that one kbdfr, really nice. :shock: OK time to post some pre-christmas heavy metal:
IMGP1999.JPG
IMGP1999.JPG (951.94 KiB) Viewed 6479 times
Last edited by seebart on 15 Dec 2015, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

gogusrl

15 Dec 2015, 19:10

wow, is that cherry ? looks amazing. can you get those knobs to work ?

E3E

15 Dec 2015, 19:26

gogusrl wrote: wow, is that cherry ? looks amazing. can you get those knobs to work ?
Didn't you just post one on interesting finds? I was wondering the same thing! The one you've posted has some seriously cool alt legends on the caps!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Dec 2015, 19:44

The one in my pic above has Cherry MX blacks with doubleshot keycaps (some with red side print).
The one gogusrl just posted has Cherry ML switches and pad painted keycaps (see the right bottom "Interrupt" cap).

gogusrl

15 Dec 2015, 20:57

E3E, I asked then I noticed the title of the picture so my first reaction was to check ebay thus finding the crappy one :)

kbdfr, you picked a great time to post this, I'm getting hand waving lessons in 2 days and you're my main target Image

SL89

15 Dec 2015, 21:06

kbdfr wrote: The one in my pic above has Cherry MX blacks with doubleshot keycaps (some with red side print).
The one gogusrl just posted has Cherry ML switches and pad painted keycaps (see the right bottom "Interrupt" cap).
That looks super cool. Is it from a non linear editing setup?

Madhias
BS TORPE

15 Dec 2015, 22:16

photekq wrote: I'll be taking more pictures soon, and of lots more new keyboards.. :evilgeek:

The G80-1000HAR..

[AMAZING IMAGE]
Wonderful! I really like that picture.
kbdfr wrote:
Are the three caps above just lying there or usable? Looks like there are just some caps lying around.
seebart wrote: Oh jeah I remember that one kbdfr, really nice. :shock: OK time to post some pre-christmas heavy metal:
IMGP1999.JPG
Arrgh, I hate that the left door thing of my Beamspring is broken, and I have to repair it somehow (welding?).

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Dec 2015, 12:17

Madhias wrote: […]
kbdfr wrote:
Are the three caps above just lying there or usable? Looks like there are just some caps lying around.
[…]
There is a switch under each cap of the keyboard, of course :mrgreen:
On the other hand, apparently (I didn't open the board) there is a sort of protective plastic sheet surrounding all switches with just a round opening for each slider. Thus all caps sit a tiny bit higher than they would without it.
I'll try to post a pic later.

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Dec 2015, 22:19

Wife and the 14 kids are not at home. Time to make some pictures! I have to admit that the layout of the HHKB is fighting with me. I really have to get used to it, probably I should exchange it with the Realforce at work - but working without cursors make me get angry even when I think of it! F-row would be somewhat OK, but is easier to get used to for me.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 22:26

If you do tire of it, I'll give the wee fella on Escape a home!

I took to the HHKB like a fish to water. But I had trained for it on other boards first. Anything with a split right Shift got remapped as I saved up for it. My XT was first and the main one: it doesn't have a real cursor block or function row either. I got very used to that navigation layer on Model F. Really helped me to be ready for my Kishsaver, too.

Perhaps it's a bit easier on the Mac. All my editing involves chords. Shift + Option + Arrows is the big one. That's just as easy on the HHKB as a TKL or fullsize when you're used to it. Chord the mods with your left hand, and pinky your way into the function layer with your right. That arrow diamond is second nature to me now.

Hypersphere

16 Dec 2015, 22:37

Wada must have tapped into some fundamental neural wiring when he designed the HHKB. It seems that many people take to it quite readily (myself included). In fact, the HHKB cursor diamond is such second nature to me now that I have remapped my RF in the same way. It's odd to be using a TKL and ignoring the arrow keys, but there it is.

Return to “Gallery”