Watch Wodan do stuff!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

07 Apr 2017, 17:26

I paid the original GB prices for all items so MAYBE 2k if you add it all up generously.

Also switch films and springs aren't that expensive when you're buying directly from kin!

Stabilized

07 Apr 2017, 17:37

I have to admit that I'm not too up to speed on Korean custom pricing :oops: Some great looking stuff though, I subscribed and look forward to you building some!

BTW you reminded me that I put in an order for switch films over on GB, pretty shitty to find out that the organiser most likely screwed us over :( I wish I had looked it up sooner as I'm now too late to claim back my Paypal transaction.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Apr 2017, 13:17

Sorry to hear you couldn't make out of that GB in time. I filed a dispute and got refunded ...
Try messaging kin25 on Telegram to purchase switch films.

Added a new live stream recording from my latest recycler raid. Hope you like it.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 Apr 2017, 08:19

Added the video of my TX-CP build :)

andrewjoy

23 Apr 2017, 14:23

Mate if you ever get a G80-11900 with an intact ps2 cable and dont want it '( the cable)please don't cut it . Sell the cable to me .

I need one for my recently retrobrighted PS2 model as for some reason the blacks in it feel fantastic ( for MX) and i want to use it in my rack

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Apr 2017, 17:46

You just need a G80 coiled cable or something special? One of these fat hybrid cables?
Dumped them all during the last recycler raid :(

andrewjoy

23 Apr 2017, 22:10

I need a mouse and keyboard one for a 11900 with a track pad , it was PS2 originally i think

Sayso

23 Apr 2017, 23:28

I don't know if it is the same or not but I have a nib câble from 11800, I can send it if you are willing to pay the shipping ;)

andrewjoy

24 Apr 2017, 01:57

as long as it has 2 PS2 ports it should be fine

hit me up with a PM and we can sort it out,

Thanks mate.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

26 Apr 2017, 08:25

Added the Mech27 build stream from last night :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 May 2017, 10:04

Added the live stream of a very neat LZ-Iron build I dubbed the EISENMANN!

Hope you like it

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 May 2017, 08:23

Added a nice build stream of a Duck Viper V2 with Nixies and Round6 purple keycaps

Khers

23 May 2017, 08:33

Very nice build, Wodan. While watching he livestream yesterday evening I almost came to the point where I regretted not buying a Viper when I had the chance. Then you put SA on it and the regret vanished. Beautiful board nonetheless ;)

kekstee

23 May 2017, 23:11

The thing is that he has all the wob to cover that board if he wanted to.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 May 2017, 23:14

But ... I need the SA upvotes!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Jun 2017, 08:27

Added a nice little "reddit" build, putting together a KBD75 kit with included components and XDA keycaps. The kit composition of the XDA Milestone GB turns out to be pretty retarded and the international kit is just totally messed up.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Jun 2017, 08:56

Added the video with the booty from my latest recycler haul :)
Please take it with a grain of salt, it's mostly for entertainment!

andrewjoy

08 Jun 2017, 11:56

You got a few nice ones there .

The blue alps in particular and a few cool alps caps on the dell :).

You appear to keep ABS doubleshots that i would consider beyond help ( more than a ultrasonic bath and a retrobrite) . I mean if they have a little shine a magic eraser can remove it but some of them are super shiny , do you have a trick on getting them back to there awesome best ?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Jun 2017, 12:00

Too bad most of this will be desoldered as ususal.

andrewjoy

08 Jun 2017, 15:11

The blue alps board on the stream was in very bad shape, in this situation i think giving them a new home in a nice new dell or northgate is the best best

Wodan
ISO Advocate

08 Jun 2017, 15:34

andrewjoy wrote: You got a few nice ones there .

The blue alps in particular and a few cool alps caps on the dell :).

You appear to keep ABS doubleshots that i would consider beyond help ( more than a ultrasonic bath and a retrobrite) . I mean if they have a little shine a magic eraser can remove it but some of them are super shiny , do you have a trick on getting them back to there awesome best ?
If you love the caps enough, you can give them a full treatment. First clean them in the ultrasonic cleaner, then bright them in hydrogen-peroxide and lastly give them a nice sandblasting to touch up the surface.

Even the incomplete keycap sets can be used as spares for other incomplete sets of as cheap "beginner" caps for people who want to get a first impression of "GMK" ABS doubleshots before paying 100$+ for a real set.
seebart wrote: Too bad most of this will be desoldered as ususal.
I haven't really done much desoldering of sacred boards lately! Some G80-8000 for MX Clears and maybe a CT06 or two ...
It's not a really collector-worthy haul this time, lots of very common hardware with nice keycaps mostly.

andrewjoy

08 Jun 2017, 15:36

I need a cheap sandblaster .

I take from one of your videos it works on PBT dyesub.

Does sandblasting give ABS a more matte feeling ?

cookie

08 Jun 2017, 17:35

andrewjoy wrote: I need a cheap sandblaster .

I believe they do, I've found a very nice article form our chap Ripster. See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... ting_keys/

I was always eager to try this out on my shiny ABS caps but never did this :(

Wodan
ISO Advocate

23 Aug 2017, 09:05

Added a bunch of videos!

andrewjoy wrote: I need a cheap sandblaster .

The effect of sandblasting heavily depends on the grain you use and the pressure but with the right combination you can really get a very "like new" surface. Only drawback is the colours will get a little dull!

mecano

23 Aug 2017, 10:54

If the color gets dull try polishing with automotive fine polish, it takes time but gets color back (and shine too). I don't get sandblasting keys, isn't it like killing a bee with a bazooka? Why not use regular sanding paper?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Feb 2018, 10:21

#dicksout for a TON of new videos linked in the main post!

green-squid

28 Feb 2018, 10:38

I hope you can make more of those recycling videos. They are so satisfying (and also I can do Window shopping :) ).

I know I asked something similar once, but when you go to the mice they put out, do you often see old school IBM or apple mice?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

24 Aug 2018, 09:28

Apart from adding like 10 new videos to the OP, here's my 1k subs Q&A stream!

Menuhin

24 Aug 2018, 14:37

I was looking up your videos yesterday evening because I wanted to find this for a friend :P

https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1495271 ... haxen.html

Return to “Keyboards”