hypkx "final" collection and "goodbye"

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

26 Jun 2018, 17:30

YAS62 (Gateron Red) now with 62g springs

GH60 C (vintage Blacks with 62g Springs) now with gateron red springs

Redscarf III (Gateron Red)

IBM 5251 Beamspring (Xwhatsit and Solenoid)

Leopold ̶f̶̶c̶̶6̶̶6̶̶0̶̶c̶ FC980C (KBDfans Sliders) sold

IBM SSK (Xwhatsit and Solenoid - missing keycaps will be replaced by industrial blue ones, after elipses GB)

Apple M0110A (Gateron Yellows, Xwhatsit and Solenoid - Keycaps not that fitting, but I don't care that much anymore) sold

RAMA M10 Massdrop edition new

EXTRA
Spoiler:

I still wait on:
F62 reproduction
massdrop bluetooth keyboard adapter

Thanks seebart, chyros and orihalcon.

Goodbye (real life calls)
Sometimes I check back in the forum, but currently I have no interest in anything. To much GMK keycaps in my opinion and massdrop has nothing that me amazes anymore. The only products that interest me a bit are the new low profile cherry switches, some sweet german DCS keycaps, maybe kailh box navy switches and a cheap topre (but I already had a topre keyboard and wasn't that pleased). I wanted to sell my SSK, but in the end didn't do it because I spend to much work to mod it (btw thanks orihalcon for great costumer support and the replacement controller). I sold some keyboards that I didn't need and currently I only use my booth 60% at my flat and at home my redscarf III for gaming (it is my favorite keyboard and the only thing that I would upgrade are backlight GMK keycaps and a sturdier case). I hope elipse will finish his GB soon, because I miss my Model Fs. Sometimes I use my beamspring, one keyboard that I will never sell :lol: .
Last edited by hypkx on 23 Dec 2018, 15:22, edited 4 times in total.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

26 Jun 2018, 17:38

Very nice collection. It's been good seeing you around all these years, you will be missed. Hope all is going well in real life. :)

zslane

26 Jun 2018, 18:44

Nice collection! But that black keyboard isn't a Leopold FC660C... :?

Dingster

26 Jun 2018, 18:58

Why are you leaving?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

26 Jun 2018, 19:01

Dingster wrote: Why are you leaving?
(real life calls)

Dingster

26 Jun 2018, 19:03

Blaise170 wrote:
Dingster wrote: Why are you leaving?
(real life calls)
I am extremely blind.

Good luck zslane :) Where are the cyrillic BS keycaps from btw?

green-squid

26 Jun 2018, 20:16

hypkx, thank you for being on this DT ship for as long as you were here. We welcome you back any time. Image

Chyros

26 Jun 2018, 20:40

Real life! Oh dear. Best of luck with everything! :)

P.S. nice collection :) .

JP!

26 Jun 2018, 20:57

Nice collection. Real life is overrated but feel free to drop by or lurk from time to time.

orihalcon

27 Jun 2018, 14:30

It was great working with you and we hope to see you back! You have some fantastic one of a kind boards there!

depletedvespene

27 Jun 2018, 14:54

Sad to see you go, but I understand that RL can't be ignored. Good luck!

Touch_It

27 Jun 2018, 16:25

1. Love the display case!
2. Love how the beam spring is just there saying, I'm the biggest baddest keyboard around. Not sure if its the angles you shot at, but dear lord, the thing looks huge (of course we all know it is).

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

23 Dec 2018, 15:23

Added Rama M10 and updates.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Dec 2018, 15:36

we all have up and downs with the hobby. I haven't been very active myself last year, I bought a new house and went through a 6 months renovation.... Muirium also went through some shit, but ultimately came back. There's no reason to "leave". Just chime in once in a while, I bet something will catch your eye.

Cheers and good luck!

PS: also maybe put some img/video into spoilers

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2018, 22:06

matt3o wrote: we all have up and downs with the hobby. I haven't been very active myself last year, I bought a new house and went through a 6 months renovation.... Muirium also went through some shit, but ultimately came back. There's no reason to "leave". Just chime in once in a while, I bet something will catch your eye.

Cheers and good luck!
Aye.

As I wrote after some serious time out, keyboards are such a small thing, and life can be so huge, but then again sometimes you do just need a safe, familiar space to come back to, when you can.

There’s no pressure, that’s the joy of it. This is a place for small things.

Oh, and thanks for the Marquardt Mini you Secret Santa gifted me half a lifetime ago, hypkx. It’s a fantastic size for a travel keyboard, with good feel and caps; a worthy project waiting for my attention too someday.
PS: also maybe put some img/video into spoilers
Ach! I, for one, prefer to see everything in one scrollable view (that’s what scrolling is for) than have to poke at whack-a-mole buttons for no good reason. Spoilers still load, even if unclicked. And what with how you’ve made the site nice and speedy now…

Return to “Gallery”