Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
doomsday_device

13 Oct 2021, 22:11

that fujitsu is dome not peerless :oops:
sadly.

User avatar
thefarside

13 Oct 2021, 23:51

I found this in the trash heap and saved it just in time. The pile was full and they were going to send it to the dumpster.
It has orange alps and feels grreat - no binding or clicks on the upstroke.
M0116 #2.jpg
M0116 #2.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 1201 times
I was told there was another keyboard towards the bottom of the pile and am trying to decide if I want to dig in there for it. It’s a big pile and I’d hate to make a huge mess to wind up with a rubber dome!

User avatar
wobbled

14 Oct 2021, 00:06

It could just as easily be a Model M/F as a rubber dome. Get digging lad.

User avatar
TNT

14 Oct 2021, 00:08

doomsday_device wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 22:11
that fujitsu is dome not peerless :oops:
sadly.
my bad, sry
thefarside wrote:
13 Oct 2021, 23:51
I found this in the trash heap and saved it just in time. The pile was full and they were going to send it to the dumpster.
It has orange alps and feels grreat - no binding or clicks on the upstroke.

I was told there was another keyboard towards the bottom of the pile and am trying to decide if I want to dig in there for it. It’s a big pile and I’d hate to make a huge mess to wind up with a rubber dome!
Congrats on that! Nice board. As long as you clean up behind yourself, you should start digging :lol:

MMcM

16 Oct 2021, 04:14


User avatar
webwit
Wild Duck

17 Oct 2021, 10:28


User avatar
dcopellino

20 Oct 2021, 22:14

IBM Multistation 5556 :roll: far far far East

User avatar
TNT

20 Oct 2021, 22:35

webwit wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 10:28
Vintage Wang surfboard
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1761502179
That's a very nice wang

User avatar
TNT

22 Oct 2021, 17:31

https://www.ebay.de/itm/124950533969?ha ... Sw9cphZjsB

Zenith Z-150 in poor condition, price too high if you ask me

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284471529742?ha ... SwgCJhViWb

Special Z-150, look at that price lol

User avatar
Lalaland124

22 Oct 2021, 18:55

TNT wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 17:31
https://www.ebay.de/itm/124950533969?ha ... Sw9cphZjsB

Zenith Z-150 in poor condition, price too high if you ask me

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284471529742?ha ... SwgCJhViWb

Special Z-150, look at that price lol
Saw these two as well, that's beamspring price level :D

User avatar
hellothere

22 Oct 2021, 19:43

Lalaland124 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 18:55
TNT wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 17:31
https://www.ebay.de/itm/124950533969?ha ... Sw9cphZjsB

Zenith Z-150 in poor condition, price too high if you ask me

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284471529742?ha ... SwgCJhViWb

Special Z-150, look at that price lol
Saw these two as well, that's beamspring price level :D
I've been following those ads and a couple others. I'd like to get $999 for my Zenith.

I did a quick Google and there's a Japanese website that compares the red label, black label, and white label Zeniths. Chrome does an OK job of translating.

User avatar
Lalaland124

22 Oct 2021, 21:50

hellothere wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 19:43
Lalaland124 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 18:55
TNT wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 17:31
https://www.ebay.de/itm/124950533969?ha ... Sw9cphZjsB

Zenith Z-150 in poor condition, price too high if you ask me

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284471529742?ha ... SwgCJhViWb

Special Z-150, look at that price lol
Saw these two as well, that's beamspring price level :D
I've been following those ads and a couple others. I'd like to get $999 for my Zenith.

I did a quick Google and there's a Japanese website that compares the red label, black label, and white label Zeniths. Chrome does an OK job of translating.
How often do these red ones pop up? This is the first time I've seen one I think

xxhellfirexx

22 Oct 2021, 23:03

Lalaland124 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 21:50
How often do these red ones pop up? This is the first time I've seen one I think
I have seen them pop up twice. One of those instances came with a special board and adapter.

User avatar
TNT

23 Oct 2021, 00:04

This one needs an adapter too. There's also a different version with a red label, the "Inteq" Z-150. The one with the Adapter also had a special shielding plate on top of the normal switchplate, if I'm correct.

Just while searching for a picture for the inteq one I found this :lol: :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234245466790?h ... SwHkdhb3i4

This one doesn't have the shielding plate I mentioned. Interesting!

User avatar
hellothere

23 Oct 2021, 00:59

Isn't there also another Zenith that has the green Alps glued in or something like that?

xxhellfirexx

23 Oct 2021, 21:12

I wonder how much these nixies will end up going for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334192206028

User avatar
TNT

24 Oct 2021, 00:07

A lot, probably. It's already at 20 bucks with 19 bids.

I just hope whoever buys this doesn't just rip out the switches and discards the rest. Wanted one of those boards for such a long time, even if it is the version with the less pretty logo.

User avatar
Sheepless

24 Oct 2021, 00:52

I had to look up Chyros's video about that keyboard to see what the deal was with those five keyswitches. Was not disappointed.

EnthusiastDude

24 Oct 2021, 14:49


User avatar
TNT

24 Oct 2021, 15:45

xxhellfirexx wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 21:12
I wonder how much these nixies will end up going for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334192206028
540.00 :o

User avatar
Muirium
µ

24 Oct 2021, 16:10

So soon? Oh no! These nixies are getting torn straight out and thrown into one of those bland modern boards Kbdfr has nightmares about. You can just tell from the eagerness. Rest In Recycling, Nixdorf. We barely knew you.

User avatar
dcopellino

24 Oct 2021, 16:26

TNT wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 15:45
xxhellfirexx wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 21:12
I wonder how much these nixies will end up going for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334192206028
540.00 :o
A load of keyboards from easy_2016 on feeBay .... Who hides (or rather hid :| ) behind such a nickname? DT user?
Last edited by dcopellino on 24 Oct 2021, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

inozenz

24 Oct 2021, 16:35

dcopellino wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:26
TNT wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 15:45
xxhellfirexx wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 21:12
I wonder how much these nixies will end up going for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334192206028
540.00 :o
A load of keyboards from easy_2016 on feeBay .... Who hides behind such a nickname? DT user?
the seller has actually no real clue of keyboards

User avatar
wobbled

24 Oct 2021, 17:38

Muirium wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:10
So soon? Oh no! These nixies are getting torn straight out and thrown into one of those bland modern boards Kbdfr has nightmares about. You can just tell from the eagerness. Rest In Recycling, Nixdorf. We barely knew you.
Yup, those redditors have too much money and absolutely zero taste. Way too much bland crap on there for my taste.

User avatar
TNT

24 Oct 2021, 17:43

Muirium wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:10
So soon? Oh no! These nixies are getting torn straight out and thrown into one of those bland modern boards Kbdfr has nightmares about. You can just tell from the eagerness. Rest In Recycling, Nixdorf. We barely knew you.
I'd rather not think about that... :(

Would be a damn shame, I mean look at those keycaps

User avatar
Muirium
µ

24 Oct 2021, 18:44

I know, right? Everything about Nixdorf keyboards the like of that screams personality. Not just the magic switches.

Does anyone have the story why Cherry never made all MX as nice as these? What stopped them?

SK-8K

24 Oct 2021, 19:09

I hate when vintage chassis are cast aside and the switches are thrown into one of those generic metal "customs"...
Thankfully they seem to be losing interest in doing this to ALPS boards.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

24 Oct 2021, 19:15

Raiding Alps donors? I know nothing bout that. Nothing. You can speak to my attorney!

User avatar
TNT

24 Oct 2021, 19:36

Muirium wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 18:44
Not just the magic switches.

Does anyone have the story why Cherry never made all MX as nice as these? What stopped them?
It's hard for me to feel a difference between all those modern linear MX Clones and almost all of those are imo much better than vintage MX black. So what's the deal with those Nixies? Are they even that good?

User avatar
Muirium
µ

24 Oct 2021, 19:40

I've only a loose switch or two. Isolated like that: they are truly excellent. I can only dream about the full board.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”