Great/Interesting Finds

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Feb 2016, 23:53

Wilkie wrote: Anyone familiar with this keyboard?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyboard-Cybern ... 1344321223

I am not affiliated with the seller, considering making an offer.

Thanks.
I am not familiar with that vintage keyboard. The switch looks like it may be SMK vintage linear. Looks nice, not exactly cheap though. ;)

wiki/SMK_vintage_linear

Halvar

19 Feb 2016, 23:54

seebart wrote: I am hereby asking EVERYONE to please leave this one to me:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/111909159554?ssP ... fresh=true

T H A N K Y O U.
The attachment smile.jpg is no longer available
2AE65E2500000578-3177113-Earl_the_grumpy_dog_is_a_second_generation_puggle_meaning_both_h-a-3_1438079917935.jpg
2AE65E2500000578-3177113-Earl_the_grumpy_dog_is_a_second_generation_puggle_meaning_both_h-a-3_1438079917935.jpg (62.61 KiB) Viewed 5117 times

seebart

19 Feb 2016, 23:57

:o That's a big grumpy dog Halvar ?!? Don't scare me like that! :oops: :?
grumpy2.jpg
grumpy2.jpg (38.51 KiB) Viewed 5089 times

snuci
Vintage computer guy

20 Feb 2016, 00:00

Thanks.
Yes I have one. I'll have to dig into it to see what it has in it. Mine, however, is white.

seebart

20 Feb 2016, 00:01

Ah of course snuci to the rescue. Thanks.

Halvar

20 Feb 2016, 00:06

seebart wrote: :o That's a big grumpy dog Halvar ?!? Don't scare me like that! :oops: :?
It's a sad big dog. I won't bid on that keyboard although I'd like to, but my own experience with this approach tells me that what you tried here doesn't work. At all. :cry:

seebart

20 Feb 2016, 00:09

Halvar wrote:
seebart wrote: :o That's a big grumpy dog Halvar ?!? Don't scare me like that! :oops: :?
It's a sad big dog. I won't bid on that keyboard although I'd like to, but my own experience with this approach tells me that what you tried here doesn't work. At all. :cry:
Right, to be honest I don't expect my approach to really work either, not to mention there will be a few other external bidders anyway. We shall see. ;)

snuci
Vintage computer guy

20 Feb 2016, 00:22

seebart wrote:

Thanks.
I am not familiar with that vintage keyboard. The switch looks like it may be SMK vintage linear. Looks nice, not exactly cheap though. ;)

wiki/SMK_vintage_linear
Sorry, I lied., Mine is still a Cybernex but it's not steel backed but it is brand new and has Cherry blacks in it. It will be the subject of some photos soon. I'm not sure if I've seen completely textured Cherry blacks before.
Cybernex - Cherry black
Cybernex - Cherry black
Cybernex - black Cherry.jpg (298.45 KiB) Viewed 4942 times

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Feb 2016, 00:24

Those caps!

I love em

Halvar

20 Feb 2016, 00:24

This ? is quite adorable, but...
öäß.jpg
öäß.jpg (7.52 KiB) Viewed 4896 times
WHOA OMG what is this?
RE.....jpg
RE.....jpg (7.37 KiB) Viewed 4896 times

Wilkie

20 Feb 2016, 00:25

Re: Cybernex, thanks seebart and snuci. What kind of weights are known for SMK vintage linear?

jou

20 Feb 2016, 00:28

From the looks of it, the cap on the second picture used to say "return"

seebart

20 Feb 2016, 00:31

Wilkie wrote: Re: Cybernex, thanks seebart and snuci. What kind of weights are known for SMK vintage linear?
:? Wow very specific question, good luck getting an answer to that. I'm not sure how common SMK vintage linear's even are.

ettasian

20 Feb 2016, 00:33

You could say it's been wiped to a point of no return.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

20 Feb 2016, 00:34

I bet it said "restecp".

jou

20 Feb 2016, 00:42

Captain Oblivious says that it can't possibly be "restecp" since the "N" at the bottom is still faintly visible!

klikkyklik

20 Feb 2016, 00:43

Maybe RESTECN?

snuci
Vintage computer guy

20 Feb 2016, 00:45

seebart wrote:
Wilkie wrote: Re: Cybernex, thanks seebart and snuci. What kind of weights are known for SMK vintage linear?
:? Wow very specific question, good luck getting an answer to that. I'm not sure how common SMK vintage linear's even are.
I have a few SMK linears. I just don't know how to judge the weight but they are fairly weighty and tactile. Here's one keyboard with SMK key switches that look like the tips have been painted. I'm not sure if this denotes different key switch weights from the normal ones or if it's used to stick the key caps on better? Not sure.
Kaypro SMK white tipped.jpg
Kaypro SMK white tipped.jpg (369.58 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

seebart

20 Feb 2016, 00:51

I just don't know how to judge the weight
Just compare them to so other common switches like IBM buckling spring or Cherry MX.

Wilkie

20 Feb 2016, 00:52

Thanks, snuci. I'm tempted to see how low the seller will go. Heavy linear is my preference, so maybe worth a shot if it's a deal.

Chyros

20 Feb 2016, 02:25

seebart wrote: No that's a Fujitsu leaf spring from what I can tell. Well we'll see how much everybody will refrain from bidding...I asked politely which is all I can do. I thought I'd try a new approach. ;)
Nope, it's Fujitsu magnetic reed. If that's what you want, good luck :) .

snuci
Vintage computer guy

20 Feb 2016, 02:44

Chyros wrote:
seebart wrote: No that's a Fujitsu leaf spring from what I can tell. Well we'll see how much everybody will refrain from bidding...I asked politely which is all I can do. I thought I'd try a new approach. ;)
I think seebart has it right.

Check this for Fujitsu leaf spring First Gen:
Spoiler:
Now Fujitsu Magnetic reed:
Spoiler:
Hint: The Fujitsu leaf spring first gen is like the Otrona Attache keyboard. If it's the same switch, it should be pretty sweet.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2016, 04:07

Dunno what switches these actually have, but they look like Cherry MX based on the keycaps. I bought one for myself.

www.ebay.com/itm/121638637056

Ratfink

20 Feb 2016, 04:46

Blaise170 wrote: Dunno what switches these actually have, but they look like Cherry MX based on the keycaps. I bought one for myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121638637056
Wow, it's not every day you see a takebar! ;)

Chyros

20 Feb 2016, 05:47

snuci wrote:
Chyros wrote:
I think seebart has it right.

Check this for Fujitsu leaf spring First Gen:
Spoiler:
Now Fujitsu Magnetic reed:
Spoiler:
Hint: The Fujitsu leaf spring first gen is like the Otrona Attache keyboard. If it's the same switch, it should be pretty sweet.
It's got the red grounding sticker on it, which apparently is a fingerprint for FMR, that's why I thought it was that. Maybe it's not though, I don't know who wrote that or how accurate it is :) .

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Feb 2016, 05:53

Actually I think this is almost definitely Cherry MX. I just noticed that it looks almost identical to my Amtelco. Most likely Devlin made it too.

jerue

20 Feb 2016, 07:45

A bunch of NOS G80-3700's just popped up; these are the HQAUS model (PS/2, black on white doubleshots).

$49.99 BIN + shipping

It's a little more than I would pay but I like it enough to say it's worth it.

Tuntematon

20 Feb 2016, 08:24

jerue wrote: A bunch of NOS G80-3700's just popped up; these are the HQAUS model (PS/2, black on white doubleshots).

$49.99 BIN + shipping

It's a little more than I would pay but I like it enough to say it's worth it.
Seller upped the price $5. The first one sold too quickly for their liking :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Feb 2016, 09:14

photekq wrote:
Tuntematon wrote: NEW G80-1800HAMGB (UK ISO)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHERRY-KEYBOARD ... SwPc9WxwZW
Damn. Can't believe I missed that!
Someone posted it here apparently without really knowing what it is, and 10 minutes later everything was sold.
I would have bought all 5 without even taking the risk of making an offer and having to wait for an answer.
Well, at least 3 sold to DT members :lol:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

20 Feb 2016, 12:34

kbdfr wrote: Thanks to all who accepted my request to not post it (or, having posted it, deleted the link)
and even obviously decided not to bid against me, making this a very nice bargain:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tastatur-/172095383768
:mrgreen:

Edit: red print :lol:
Hell of a bargain!

Return to “Other external”