Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
balotz

21 Jul 2017, 15:15

Ir0n wrote: I made him an offer on it..we'll see if he takes it. :p (the M2 that is)

Edit: Got it! Probably going to go look for capacitors now I've heard the ones in it tend to die a lot.. anyone know which ones I need off the top of their head?
The existing ones are a 2.2uF 50v and a 47uF 16v. If you haven't opened an M2 before I'd recommend following this guide:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Clean-y ... -keyboard/

User avatar
Halvar

21 Jul 2017, 17:05

And read the whole guide before doing anything! :shock: :)

Some traps on the way ...

User avatar
JP!

21 Jul 2017, 20:33

IBM F107 in nice condition + clear relegendable key caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-IBM-Mod ... Sw9ilZcXdy

MicroSwitch Keyboards $40-$45 - This seller has a few of these keyboards for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1978-Mi ... Ciid%253A1

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 20:38

That F107 is from orihalcon! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

21 Jul 2017, 21:24

seebart wrote:That F107 is from orihalcon! :mrgreen:
I think they all might be.

User avatar
Harshmallow

21 Jul 2017, 21:31

Yeah he releases one from time to time after having modded it. He clearly robbed a bank in his past and is being smart about selling off his assets slowly. :P

User avatar
JP!

21 Jul 2017, 21:45

I figured this might be interesting to someone here who might not have one of these yet. Besides Orihalcon, these almost never come up for sale it seems. LOL, so if I rob a bank I can get some Kishsavers. I won't take any cash or F107's (too heavy).

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 21:52

JP! wrote: I figured this might be interesting to someone here who might not have one of these yet. Besides Orihalcon, these almost never come up for sale it seems. LOL, so if I rob a bank I can get some Kishsavers. I won't take any cash or F107's (too heavy).
Oh don't get me wrong the F107 is interesting thanks for posting and orihalcon is a nice guy and a good seller although I have never bought from him. :oops:

Parak

21 Jul 2017, 22:12

Pace soldering station, around 1/3 of what these cost new:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292191300534

Tips use their own heaters, so there's not much that fails in used units.

(also far better than a similarly priced hakko, say)

User avatar
Yuubin

21 Jul 2017, 22:12

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an interesting find. Actually, I am not even sure if it's a mechanical or rubberdome keyboard...
But for something from 1995 it sure has fancy keycaps:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Brainworks-Star- ... SwLnBX2Pms

Image
Image

User avatar
Harshmallow

21 Jul 2017, 22:31

I....I just don't understand. Is there a hidden image in there I'm not seeing? Why the hell did they pick that seemingly random smattering of grey and red key caps? It's not like they're highlighting vowels or anything. Is that modeled after a popular console on the ship from the show?

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 22:35

aeed2e9645315a50b3d0deb6b51816d9--meme.jpg
aeed2e9645315a50b3d0deb6b51816d9--meme.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 975 times

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 22:37

Harshmallow wrote: I....I just don't understand. Is there a hidden image in there I'm not seeing? Why the hell did they pick that seemingly random smattering of grey and red key caps? It's not like they're highlighting vowels or anything. Is that modeled after a popular console on the ship from the show?
Well it really doesn't matter. It's a kids keyboard lol.

Wonder what switches though.

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 22:47

"IBM Model M15 13H6689 Options by IBM Ergonomic Keyboard with Original Box"

M15 with the IBM logo is I believe the rarest of the M15's.

Starting at $470 open bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M15-1 ... SwUa5Zb~FO

Let the bid war begin.

User avatar
wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 22:54

MrDuul wrote: "IBM Model M15 13H6689 Options by IBM Ergonomic Keyboard with Original Box"

M15 with the IBM logo is I believe the rarest of the M15's.

Starting at $470 open bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M15-1 ... SwUa5Zb~FO

Let the bid war begin.
Literally the most overrated keyboard

User avatar
Gnohio

21 Jul 2017, 22:58

Here is what I think is a Model F AT with some cool alternate printing on a bunch of the alpha caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-L ... 1438.l2649

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 22:58

wobbled wrote:
MrDuul wrote: "IBM Model M15 13H6689 Options by IBM Ergonomic Keyboard with Original Box"

M15 with the IBM logo is I believe the rarest of the M15's.

Starting at $470 open bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M15-1 ... SwUa5Zb~FO

Let the bid war begin.
Literally the most overrated keyboard
Disagree 100% after using it myself.

The BEST ergo keyboard ever made, find one like it. You can't.

User avatar
mike52787
Alps Aficionado

21 Jul 2017, 23:03

Gnohio wrote: Here is what I think is a Model F AT with some cool alternate printing on a bunch of the alpha caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-L ... 1438.l2649
should be OG APL keycaps.

User avatar
wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 23:04

MrDuul wrote:
wobbled wrote:
MrDuul wrote: "IBM Model M15 13H6689 Options by IBM Ergonomic Keyboard with Original Box"

M15 with the IBM logo is I believe the rarest of the M15's.

Starting at $470 open bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M15-1 ... SwUa5Zb~FO

Let the bid war begin.
Literally the most overrated keyboard
Disagree 100% after using it myself.

The BEST ergo keyboard ever made, find one like it. You can't.
Explain to me how it is the best aside from the fact you probably blew a grand buying it and you feel like it has to be the best due to how expensive it was. It is just rare, that is the only special thing about it. The key caps are basically impossible to replace, it's still a membrane board, doesn't have a sexy badge, and it has one of the later IBM thin ass cords that turn in to a flakey mess. Give me a Utron any day of the week.

User avatar
JP!

21 Jul 2017, 23:10

Well the best ergo keyboard is very subjective. I would love to try one. I agree though, you won't find one like it.

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 23:11

Gnohio wrote: Here is what I think is a Model F AT with some cool alternate printing on a bunch of the alpha caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-L ... 1438.l2649
That's really nice actually. The AT is the best F and those APL keycaps... :o :shock: Too bad it appears to be missing a couple of those two piece caps or they replaced those.
Last edited by seebart on 21 Jul 2017, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 23:13

JP! wrote: Well the best ergo keyboard is very subjective. I would love to try one. I agree though, you won't find one like it.
A cherry G80-5000 isn't that different, afterall they're just split keyboards. You'll definitely find many like it.

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 23:16

I never really got into real ergo boards. I did try the Matias Ergo on Muirium Matias Ergo Pro Tour - On Tour:

try-f29/matias-ergo-pro-tour-t11093.htm ... Pro%20tour

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 23:20

Explain to me how it is the best aside from the fact you probably blew a grand buying it and you feel like it has to be the best due to how expensive it was. It is just rare, that is the only special thing about it. The key caps are basically impossible to replace, it's still a membrane board, doesn't have a sexy badge, and it has one of the later IBM thin ass cords that turn in to a flakey mess. Give me a Utron any day of the week.
You are quite the detective, how do you know so much information about me?

Anyways,

-It's the ONLY ball bearing Ergo keyboard out there. Any position you want. You got it.
-Buckling Spring Ergo Keyboard, Like a Ergo SSK is very much wanted.
-Split Space bar.

Believe me there are people who want them, I was one of them.

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 23:21

wobbled wrote:
JP! wrote: Well the best ergo keyboard is very subjective. I would love to try one. I agree though, you won't find one like it.
A cherry G80-5000 isn't that different, afterall they're just split keyboards. You'll definitely find many like it.
Cherry MX is horrible, Chryo did a review of it, flimsy plastic only seperates one way. horrible keyboard.

NOTHING like the M15's build quality and epic ball bearing.

https://youtu.be/RkJRiKRhag8?t=2m40s
Last edited by MrDuul on 21 Jul 2017, 23:27, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gnohio

21 Jul 2017, 23:23

seebart wrote:
Gnohio wrote: Here is what I think is a Model F AT with some cool alternate printing on a bunch of the alpha caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-L ... 1438.l2649
That's really nice actually. The AT is the best F and those APL keycaps... :o :shock: Too bad it appears to be missing a couple of those two piece caps or they replaced those.
Even though I havent personally tried an F AT yet, the F XT I have is really nice. I dont really understand why some people hate it just because of its layout. Its effectively an ISO layout without a nav cluster when you actually look at it, so I dont mind it really.

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

21 Jul 2017, 23:30

Gnohio wrote:
seebart wrote:
Gnohio wrote: Here is what I think is a Model F AT with some cool alternate printing on a bunch of the alpha caps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Black-L ... 1438.l2649
That's really nice actually. The AT is the best F and those APL keycaps... :o :shock: Too bad it appears to be missing a couple of those two piece caps or they replaced those.
Even though I havent personally tried an F AT yet, the F XT I have is really nice. I dont really understand why some people hate it just because of its layout. Its effectively an ISO layout without a nav cluster when you actually look at it, so I dont mind it really.
I don't. I like both. The XT being more compact and it can be modded, or at least soft modded. We've had many discussions about those two keybpards here and most will agree the XT build is sturdier also. Great keyboard and not rare at all. In fact I think I use my XT more than my AT. No idea why.

User avatar
wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 23:32

You seem to be very excited over a ball bearing which achieves what exactly? The ability to have your keyboard in the shape of a pyramid? How wonderful... Other ergonomic keyboards achieve exactly the same thing the m15 does - to be comfortable to type on. You're just paying a lot more for the hype. I'm guessing you never even tried one before you blew a ridiculous amount on it? Pretty obvious when we see your failed attempt to type on it. My problem with you is you buy in to hype and then you insist on telling everyone how it's the best thing out there when you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on other keyboards.

And since when did Chyros's opinions on things become fact, since when did they become a reason to entirely dismiss a board? Chyros doesn't like cherry switches and he's made that quite clear, so you're not going to see him fall in love with it, are you? The board is not 'flimsy' if that was the case it wouldn't have survived as many years as it has. And cherry switches being shit is entirely subjective as well, and I'd gladly bet on the fact that you haven't tried every variant of cherry mx switches. You are full of shit.

Honestly you think because you can blow stupid amounts of money on keyboards that mainly fall under 'IBM' you are now some sort of authority on mechanical boards? Sorry but you don't know shit, you're not even capable of carrying out a simple repair job on the kishsaver which would've taken other people half the time.

User avatar
MrDuul

21 Jul 2017, 23:34

wobbled wrote: You seem to be very excited over a ball bearing which achieves what exactly? The ability to have your keyboard in the shape of a pyramid? How wonderful... Other ergonomic keyboards achieve exactly the same thing the m15 does - to be comfortable to type on. You're just paying a lot more for the hype. I'm guessing you never even tried one before you blew a ridiculous amount on it? Pretty obvious when we see your failed attempt to type on it. My problem with you is you buy in to hype and then you insist on telling everyone how it's the best thing out there when you have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on other keyboards.

And since when did Chyros's opinions on things become fact, since when did they become a reason to entirely dismiss a board? Chyros doesn't like cherry switches and he's made that quite clear, so you're not going to see him fall in love with it, are you? The board is not 'flimsy' if that was the case it wouldn't have survived as many years as it has. And cherry switches being shit is entirely subjective as well, and I'd gladly bet on the fact that you haven't tried every variant of cherry mx switches. You are full of shit.

Honestly you think because you can blow stupid amounts of money on keyboards that mainly fall under 'IBM' you are now some sort of authority on mechanical boards? Sorry but you don't know shit, you're not even capable of carrying out a simple repair job on the kishsaver which would've taken other people half the time.
You don't know shit either boy. You are also the main shit starter on this forum, why haven't you been banned?

Not even going to read that block of text.

LOL.

Someone is butthurt they don't have a Kishsaver, now keep brown nosing me to get on my good side.

User avatar
JP!

21 Jul 2017, 23:40

I love the XT's as well. The XT keyboard is a gateway keyboard though. Get one and you will be hooked and you will start collecting keyboards until you have a room full of stuff :lol:

Is there anyway to tell if those APL keycaps from that AT are vintage vs. say a set bought from Unicomp?

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”