Great/Interesting Finds

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

04 Aug 2018, 02:01

Chalba wrote: Ee sry for a double post, but is there a reason someone hasn't snatched this for $40 shipped?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mechan ... 3380667341
Nope. If you haven't bought it by tomorrow, I might.

Chalba

04 Aug 2018, 02:18

fohat wrote:
Chalba wrote: Ee sry for a double post, but is there a reason someone hasn't snatched this for $40 shipped?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mechan ... 3380667341
Nope. If you haven't bought it by tomorrow, I might.
K I snagged it. If I'm really gonna start collecting I can't pass up a deal like that..

User avatar
kokokoy

04 Aug 2018, 12:11


701c

04 Aug 2018, 18:14

https://offerup.com/item/detail/521831040/

A lot of vintage boards. Does anyone see anything worthwhile?

User avatar
Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2018, 18:25

There’s one IBM Model F that I can see. Easy to tell from their toberlone case profile and circular flip out feet. It’s either an XT or, if you’re lucky, an AT. Some Wyse boards too, obviously. And a bunch of stuff I do not know.

User avatar
Myoth

04 Aug 2018, 18:29

I don't think it's an F .. probably a clone of some sort

User avatar
Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2018, 20:07

Good catch. The bottom looks odd. XTs and ATs both have beige undersides, like their tops.

User avatar
Riceball

04 Aug 2018, 22:42

Myoth wrote:
green-squid wrote:
Myoth wrote:
holy shit, just someone raid this place already, I saw an IBM JX keyboard and an F122, countless Wyses and other stuff...

Australia, someone must scavenge this !
http://bitsandpixels.com.au/2018/08/03/ ... m-society/
This is when I noticed what others were doing. I saw at least 2-3 people walk in, take a few items, and leave. They didn’t speak with the volunteers or john. Someone walked in looking for buckling spring keyboards, took one that I found earlier and placed it in plain sight, but was after another. He told me the location had been posted on a keyboard lovers forum, i assume with a note of “take what you need”. He was going to take another model F keyboard that had most of its keys missing “for parts”. I don’t know if it wasn’t made clear enough, i mean I had to ask John what was going on when I entered, but if someone read online to come take what they wanted they could have done so without john noticing at all. And that’s what was happening.
:shock:
oh shit, welp, that's what I get for opening my mouth quickly ... I'm sorry :cry:
Damn, I'm sorry I posted this.

User avatar
JP!

04 Aug 2018, 23:01

Riceball wrote: Damn, I'm sorry I posted this.
Spoiler:
paddlin.jpg
paddlin.jpg (74.14 KiB) Viewed 2442 times
I can't condone the actions we've seen but honestly some of the stuff taken might be better off in the hands of new owners. It's a shame this collection wasn't managed better before it got to this point.

User avatar
depletedvespene

05 Aug 2018, 14:12

Terminal keyboards with a Spanish (es-ES) layout are an unusual find. So I think this might be worth more than just a switch donor. ;-)


EDIT: I don't think I had ever seen before a Spanish keyboard where the Shift keys are labeled "Cambiar" instead of "Mayús" or using an icon; other of the legends are unusual as well, but this one stands out the most.

orihalcon

05 Aug 2018, 17:00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292669072216

New M5-1 that has been bolt modded. Seems like I see M5-2's come up a lot more often than M5-1's. Trackball actually seems like it's in a location where it could be more ergonomically used on a M5-1, though I personally have never used one as a daily driver to know how good the trackball is.

User avatar
kokokoy

05 Aug 2018, 17:25

depletedvespene wrote:
Terminal keyboards with a Spanish (es-ES) layout are an unusual find. So I think this might be worth more than just a switch donor. ;-)


EDIT: I don't think I had ever seen before a Spanish keyboard where the Shift keys are labeled "Cambiar" instead of "Mayús" or using an icon; other of the legends are unusual as well, but this one stands out the most.
Oh, didn’t notice the Spanish layout.

That came out wrong. :lol: Totally agree with you on that, it shouldn’t be a donor regardless of the layout.

User avatar
mcmaxmcmc

06 Aug 2018, 08:20

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1985-L ... Desc=0%7C0

Mechanical? Those caps look awesome.

User avatar
Chyros

06 Aug 2018, 09:30

mcmaxmcmc wrote: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1985-L ... Desc=0%7C0

Mechanical? Those caps look awesome.
Uhhh, aren't those old Cherry caps? Oo

User avatar
mcmaxmcmc

06 Aug 2018, 09:39

Chyros wrote:
mcmaxmcmc wrote: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1985-L ... Desc=0%7C0

Mechanical? Those caps look awesome.
Uhhh, aren't those old Cherry caps? Oo
Those are by Cherry? o-o Damn, they made some godly caps.

User avatar
Noobmaen

06 Aug 2018, 11:51

Looks like Cherry M8 caps which fit on MX, they are pretty nice and have much more concave top surface than DSA. The switches however are absolutely horrible, they get dirty quickly due to lack of top housing and have only 2.5mm travel.

User avatar
kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Aug 2018, 12:34

They look like the number caps used by Jarltech on their POS keyboards as shown here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/113147266496

Image

xxhellfirexx

06 Aug 2018, 19:34

Not the usual things that get posted, but I think there are kind of cute.

Image
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182692203283

Image
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132732212040

User avatar
depletedvespene

06 Aug 2018, 19:56

xxhellfirexx wrote: Not the usual things that get posted, but I think there are kind of cute.

Image
An octal-based Gaussian numpad? Haven't seen one of those in a while... :mrgreen:

Chalba

08 Aug 2018, 01:44

depletedvespene wrote: An octal-based Gaussian numpad? Haven't seen one of those in a while... :mrgreen:
xDDDD How dare, it's obviously a standard 21% with artisans.

User avatar
Bass

08 Aug 2018, 02:12

Model F AT, barely used with original box: https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-AT ... 2391672703

Around a day left and the price is still low. Wonder how much it is going to shoot up tomorrow.

User avatar
depletedvespene

08 Aug 2018, 02:29

Chalba wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: An octal-based Gaussian numpad? Haven't seen one of those in a while... :mrgreen:
xDDDD How dare, it's obviously a standard 21% with artisans.
The keyboard DOES have four modes of operation, so both of us are probably right. I do have to wonder what the other two might be (a reverse Gaussian numpad might be an interesting option).

orihalcon

08 Aug 2018, 18:50

Ebay has a 15% off promo code on a single item over $25 that you'd use at checkout today only. Not sure if it works everywhere and for all users, but can't hurt to try:
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.47.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.47.23 PM.png (39.69 KiB) Viewed 1907 times

701c

08 Aug 2018, 18:51

orihalcon wrote:Ebay has a 15% off promo code on a single item over $25 that you'd use at checkout today only. Not sure if it works everywhere and for all users, but can't hurt to try:
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 12.47.23 PM.png
I just bought a pingmaster and a pro micro with it.

User avatar
Drclick

09 Aug 2018, 11:22

IBM JX
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-JX ... 3131642670

Apple keyboard with Alps SKCC switches and keycaps look very nice
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Retro- ... 3388202986

I'm not sure but they could be blue alps
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-51 ... 3193113275

User avatar
zrrion

09 Aug 2018, 16:17

I wish those JX boards didn't have such high shipping. Maybe if they were being sold individually they'd be cheaper? That SKCC board looks pretty interesting too. I'm a sucker for huge enter keys and that one takes the cake.

User avatar
Keybug

09 Aug 2018, 22:33

If not for the kids, I would gone and spent a great weekend in London... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/2537949997 ... 675.l10137

Chalba

10 Aug 2018, 02:16

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312206837454?_ ... .S1.R1.TR5

I asked the owner what switches this guy had, they replied, "Sorry, no idea, donated item with no previous history. Bid accordingly." Can anyone confirm that they're probably just white alps?

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

10 Aug 2018, 02:20

Almost surely "pine" white Alps, probably not badly worn. Well worth $100+ shipped if you can live with the layout.

User avatar
ag36

10 Aug 2018, 02:32

Keybug wrote: If not for the kids, I would gone and spent a great weekend in London... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/2537949997 ... 675.l10137
I missed it :(

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”