Great/Interesting Finds

zzxx53

15 Sep 2020, 00:32

IBM Datamaster with built-in Model F keyboard
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-PC-5322-Sy ... 3678980342
Looks pretty clean; local pickup only tho

MMcM

15 Sep 2020, 18:03


xxhellfirexx

15 Sep 2020, 18:11


User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

15 Sep 2020, 18:15

no! Delete it! I messaged the seller an offer!

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

15 Sep 2020, 19:45

In my opinion, when something is listed at a fair "Buy-It-Now" price, you should jolly well just Buy-It-Now and be done.

Putting in a low-ball offer "just because" will sometimes knock you out of getting something you really want.

And, as a seller, I always ignore any sort of "offer" in the first 24-48 hours after listing and rather take it as proof that my item is desirable. But, of course, that's just me.

User avatar
//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

15 Sep 2020, 19:50

i dunno that 85 is that much of a low ball, I wanted to try and get it for around $100 after shipping. I personally don't feel there is anything wrong in setting a budget and trying to stick to it. Certainly not a "just because" for me in this case, though I do that a lot with other things. if the seller takes it then I got a great deal, if not it's "mission failed, we'll get em' next time"

It's still there, which means I've got a shot!

updated: seller rejected my offer, so if anyone was waiting to see what happens, I appreciate it! It's still up for grabs!
Last edited by //gainsborough on 15 Sep 2020, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Yasu0

15 Sep 2020, 20:16

Honeywell rubber dome 122 key boards.. probably worn out too. But they look cool and are seven dollars each..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DECISION-DATA- ... 3575305240

Yasu0

16 Sep 2020, 01:04


zzxx53

16 Sep 2020, 16:35

8+ first gen m122's, $60 apiece
located in Indiana, US
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 7965691958

User avatar
depletedvespene

16 Sep 2020, 16:48

Guuuuys... check out this IBM numpad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274496258628?ul_noapp=true

I don't think I had ever seen one like this before.

And I can't imagine how high the price is going to end up being.

User avatar
Myoth

16 Sep 2020, 16:54

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 16:48
Guuuuys... check out this IBM numpad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274496258628?ul_noapp=true

I don't think I had ever seen one like this before.

And I can't imagine how high the price is going to end up being.
oh I'm sure you've seen one like this before :mrgreen:
r84r4410.jpg
r84r4410.jpg (432.65 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

User avatar
depletedvespene

16 Sep 2020, 16:57

Certainly not in that angle and certainly not as a numpad instead of as a macropad.

And certainly not anywhere else other than that one picture (which was, until now, the only proof of the existence of that family of keypads)

zzxx53

16 Sep 2020, 17:07

Myoth wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 16:54
depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 16:48
Guuuuys... check out this IBM numpad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274496258628?ul_noapp=true

I don't think I had ever seen one like this before.

And I can't imagine how high the price is going to end up being.
oh I'm sure you've seen one like this before :mrgreen:

r84r4410.jpg
So IBM made the unsaver, then added a separate numpad to it?
That logic is lost to me. :?

User avatar
Myoth

16 Sep 2020, 17:11

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 16:57
And certainly not anywhere else other than that one picture (which was, until now, the only proof of the existence of that family of keypads)
or just do a simple research (second link when searching for "IBM Unsaver terminal") and find out more about it :- )

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104046.0

Image

User avatar
depletedvespene

16 Sep 2020, 17:16

Myoth wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 17:11

or just do a simple research (second link when searching for "IBM Unsaver terminal") and find out more about it :- )
All references there are also to the keypad functioning as a macropad.

Please keep your toxic dickishness in the telegram group. Thank you.

User avatar
Myoth

16 Sep 2020, 18:02

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 17:16
Myoth wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 17:11

or just do a simple research (second link when searching for "IBM Unsaver terminal") and find out more about it :- )
All references there are also to the keypad functioning as a macropad.
Screenshot_191.png
Screenshot_191.png (5.56 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Screenshot_192.png
Screenshot_192.png (8.65 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
no ? but sure :|

it's not like Keypad, Numpad, Macropad, etc ... is just a matter of software anyway, innit ? or do you care this badly about being "right" ?
depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 17:16
Please keep your toxic dickishness in the telegram group. Thank you.
I will when you'll stop being self-righteous

User avatar
depletedvespene

16 Sep 2020, 18:10

Myoth wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 18:02

I will when you'll stop being self-righteous
I kindly asked you to keep your toxic dickishness out.

The horse died long ago, so it's high time you stop beating it.

User avatar
Myoth

16 Sep 2020, 18:36

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 18:10
Myoth wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 18:02

I will when you'll stop being self-righteous
I kindly asked you to keep your toxic dickishness out.

The horse died long ago, so it's high time you stop beating it.
kind of weird to call yourself a horse but fair enough, I'm not one to judge

xxhellfirexx

16 Sep 2020, 20:17


User avatar
hellothere

16 Sep 2020, 22:58

xxhellfirexx wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 20:17
Green Alps
https://www.ebay.com/itm/303692377015
If there's one thing I've learned on this forum is to never assume without seeing an actual switch. Hey, the user could have swapped out all the switches with Cherry MX browns.

Yasu0

17 Sep 2020, 00:41

IBM terminal multiplexor. $40 Wonder how much it was in 1993?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-3299-032-3 ... 3453568213

Hard to tell but I'm pretty sure that is the dope black oval badge in the upper left.

MMcM

18 Sep 2020, 00:10

"I just didn't want to run the risk of undervaluing it."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293739673034

User avatar
fohat
Elder Messenger

18 Sep 2020, 00:52

"I was able to find it at an auction for one of the original apple 1 computers that sold for over 400K"

I think that I remember that from a few years ago. As I recall, it was serial number 00002 or it once belonged to Wozniak, or both, or something outlandish like that.

User avatar
SneakyRobb
THINK

18 Sep 2020, 03:34

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Sep 2020, 17:16
the telegram group.
How do I join the telegram group? I wish to discuss keyboards with everyone. Feel left out.

Also I am very interested in this item. Please whomever buys it update us to it's construction.

zzxx53

18 Sep 2020, 16:16

MMcM wrote:
18 Sep 2020, 00:10
"I just didn't want to run the risk of undervaluing it."
lmao!

xxhellfirexx

18 Sep 2020, 18:04


User avatar
hellothere

20 Sep 2020, 20:37


Yasu0

Yesterday, 03:55

Fluke with missing caps. Priced high at 50 over my limit anyway..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLUKE-1720A-17 ... 3363525573

User avatar
hellothere

Today, 02:58

Yasu0 wrote:
Yesterday, 03:55
Fluke with missing caps. Priced high at 50 over my limit anyway..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FLUKE-1720A-17 ... 3363525573
wiki/Fluke_1720A_Programmer_Keyboard

"The board uses Datanetics DC-60 series switches and includes an on-board solenoid." 20-pin round keyboard connector, too. Too bad it's missing a couple keys.

Post Reply

Return to “Other external”